How I scored in the top 1% (GMAT 760)

126 Posts  ·  62 Users
About this group
Hello! Finally Ive made some time apart to write about my prep. Im Anurag, nice to meet you if its the first time you hear about me. I recently scored in the top 1% in the GMAT CAT Exam (scored a 760). I decided to take the GMAT because one of my ...
Page 1 of 13

Hi Anurag,
Great score dude !!!!
Thats is simlpy too good.
Could u please share me u r contact details so that i can call u ?
Wanted your guidance before going for the Big war ,

Thanks & Regards,
Jason

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Anurag,

Could you please tell me which resources to use for preparing for Quant (from basics to advanced) for GMAT. I am comfortable with the VA part but need real good preparation for quant. Would really appreciate your help.

Hi mate harsha here from oil & gas background.I was atopper all through out my childhood.I have practised for 5-6 months for Gmat but spent for a time near to 3 months thinking about Gmat.I have gone thrugh many forums indicating that Gmat is not a big deal if u give ur 100%efforts but I am a real failure scoring mere 580/I was totally depressed.I have taken an year long gap.Left all my books behind and spent the time with my loved ones.mate now I want to restart my target.Pls help me.Is it really possible.My scores are (V 23;Q 49).My scores in the practise tests are quite similar to what I have seen on the score.So I never believe in luck.Am I eligible for giving the exam?I am morally very depressed and want to get 700.I am ready to give my 1900% and more than if required for reaching the 700.As i have told u earlier I have never seen a failure in my life prior to this and this is hurting me a lot.I want to get 700 on my score card and would lijke to do my MBA in ISB which is my dream .I will intimate u my study material.Manhattan SC,Manhattan CR,RC from OG12 and practice qns from OG 12 followed by Manhattan qns and verbal review of OG.Maths is never a problem with me and I can even score 45 at the mid of my sleep.So pls guide me in doing well in verbal.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey buddy i did it from Symbiosis... its yr PG program...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

PG in supply chain management?.......From which college and is it a 2 year MBA?

Continuous learning is the best way of defense
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi Guys,

Just wanted few info... I am currectly workin in HP(Procurement)for the past 3yrs.I did my graduation in Zoology & have a PG degree in Supply chain.I want to do my MBA from ISB.. what kind of GMAT score will i need to see myself there.
MY scores Gradutaion=63%
PG=86%
Thanks in advance
Tarak

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Anurag,

Could you please tell me which resources to use for preparing for Quant (from basics to advanced) for GMAT. I am comfortable with the VA part but need real good preparation for quant. Would really appreciate your help.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have registered for a GMAT on 25th July 2011.
And I am at ground zero as of now.
I have already taken GRE and IELTS earlier, scoring 1310 and 8.0 respectively.

I am so frustrated with my job that I have decided I will use my idle time to prepare for GMAT and CAT.

Help solicited.

Please tell me what class I should enroll in ? Or to put it this way, is it worth it to get tutored ? Majority of the high scorers that I see on pg seem to be preparing on their own and doing good.

Cheers
Rahul
Delhi

Peace !!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey,
I am Bharathi, planning to take up GMAT in May/ June.. Ur experience write-up has given me a feel of the kind of study i will have to do, but since I am working, not much time to study.. but thanks to ur article, I will now try harder to take out time and do some serious studying.
Can u please tell me the best book tht cn be refferred for quant owing to the fact tht my quant really sucks and i will hv to work out ryt frm the basics.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Anurag,
I really appreciate ur effort,ur frequent reply shows howmuch focused u r to anything which u do.
I startd my prep a month before with a score 0f 580(40,26),and then onwards i m through with the OG12,Kaplan 800 and Man SC guide_2003 ed (125 pages),but my verbal scores is still in early 30'sin tests such asMGMAT1 610( 45, 30),Veirtas 640 (47,32).
I m really disappointed by the stagnant scores.I m struggling badly in RC's with a dismal 50% accuracy,I have still not booked the date.Please help

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The first thing I recommend is to visit MBA.com (Official GMAT website). Sign up for the GMAT; this will force you to begin studying. At MBA.com you can also get 2 free Official GMAT tests.

Then, purchase the Official Guide for the GMAT. This has 300 real GMAT questions and will be of help.

Manhattan GMAT is really helpful to learn strategy; I also like 2minuteGMAT for the daily email reminders.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...