How good or helpful is DWGE??

8 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hey guys... I just wanted to know how good and effective is the DirectWay Education courses of IIMs, NMIMS, XLRI etc.... I have a friend holding a senior post at Airtel, Coimbatore and has just completed a socalled EMBA thru directway. F...
Page 1 of 1

Hi,
I have the following doubts in mind regarding DWGE programs from IIMs or XLRI.

a) Since it is not a full time course i would like to know if it is
well received in the corporate circles.

(b) Are the one year executive program graduates authorised to register as alumni of the
Institute?

(c) While there are no placement services, is
the course recognised in the industry for better employment
opportunities ?

(d) Will I be eligible to pursue FPM after a one year executive program in general management ?

If you know someone who'z done a similar program, please pm me his/her contact number or e-mail ID.

Thanks !

-Cateye

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

thnx puneet... do you have a lil more details about fmb at spjain.. coz i think the admissions are closed.. i am just going to contact spjain now to find out more

abhishek , u can go for family buisness management ( FBM ) ... sp jain has a really good course , there are other b schools who conduct such courses ... u can visit the websites of good bschools and see for yourself which will be feasible for you ...

It looks you are just 20 years old .. and I wouldn't suggest the online programs to you at this point. These programs make sense to people who have relevant work ex. You will end up looking like a sore thumb due to the kind of profiles most of the people have.

Even more so, if you want to get into your Family Business, you should take a harder look at a full time course. The interaction would be valuable. Right now, I dont think its a good choice for you.

Command like a king, work like a slave.

pg ... pls advice .. time is running out..

hey rp..

thnx for r reply...
but i have a doubt from a different angle...
as far as i knw or i have been told... 97%+ of the premier inst pgrads are high level job seekers placed with large corporate houses and veryv ery very few of them return to family run businesses.. pls correct me if i am wrong...
i am looking at MBA as a degree backing my name whereas i knw, mba or not.. i will b in my family business....
why i am insistent to have an mba is again an additional knowledge.. more experience and say god forbid business doesnt go thru well.. i can be placed somewhere with my degree atleast... but i dont wanna compromise by doing it thru any institute.. i wanna have an mba from an inst which is well known... with strong bckgrnd and values..

hi:

me not an expert to comment on the issue.. i like to look at it another way.. i can see that you are still in late teens..:-) if you have reasons galore to take up the familiy business soon after grad, maybe you could think of such satellite MBAs...

but, if you can afford couple more years, take a shot at other premier instis, including the IIMs.. with ur current percentile in CAT 03, i dont see any reason why u cant make it 99+.. after all, there is nothing to loose.. family biz or not, an MBA should always be a value addition.. not just a passing fad.

purely a personal take...

rp

Hey guys...

I just wanted to know how good and effective is the DirectWay Education courses of IIMs, NMIMS, XLRI etc....

I have a friend holding a senior post at Airtel, Coimbatore and has just completed a socalled EMBA thru directway. From what he says, I understand that the course is a 3hr/day course and his time slot was 6.30pm to 9.30pm. THe prof is in the studio and each student is alloted one pc and headpones with mic etc etc... and they get to see the prof and interact with him and other students thru this video conferencing concept.

This guy is working from 3+years with Airtel Coimbatore and it does make sense for him to make use of such a course.
But for a fresher how helpfuls would it be. I am also told that this is the future of managament education to save time etc etc.

As for me, I have written CAT '03 with a %ile of 89.6. I applied to institutes which reqd 95%ile + and landed no where. I wast able to crack NMAT either but i have got an offer from NM to do this EMBA(equivalent) thru Direcway.

Its for sure that i am heading into family business and I need an MBA degree for all reasons other than job oriented. So is it advisable for me to give this EMBA stuff a shot??? Well i am just trying to get some peer and expert advise and would be visitng the Direcway campus in my city Coimbatore in a couple of days to gather more info.

Awaiting replies.

Cheers

Abishek