How bout faculty posn in A CAT INSTITUTE??

15 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
hi, I desperately need help. Got a job as a faculty math in a reputed CAT institute. Shud I take it up????? Wud it hurt my prospects in the interview. fOLKS HELP ME OUT FAAAAAAAST bYE
Page 1 of 2

As few of you may be aware from my Introduction that I was in a precarious position in my office. I was on leave for a year from June 2003 to May end 2004.
On joining I was asked to fly to U.K. for 6 months and I refused b'coz that would have meant missing CAT.

The management is offended. And I may not be left with any option but to put in my papers. With no job, I may look at a coaching institute that offered me to join as a Maths faculty.

Now, I think I still have the time to manipulate and stay with my company.
The words haven't come out explicitly but the hints suggest that I may not be welcome here any more.

So Junta, is it advisable to join in a coaching institute, or look for other software job.
I've 23 months of work experience, and 1 year long break thereafter.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
hai friends,
i am a silent reader and a cataspirant.this disgussion is very useful since wecan shre several ideas regar CAT also giant-IIMA.
now i am seriously preparing for CAT.reg my quali i finished my BE -IT in 2003.
i was attracted by this CAT from oct -2003.so i thought to prepare for CAT 2005.
now due to my family situa i was need to get in to any job.so i joined in a government school as computer fauctly from oct -2003 and i also concentrated in it without trying for other job.
now my worry is if i get selected in top bschools.i am not having a relevant
terchnical experience.will they accept my faculty exper.now i am having idea to leave this job.and concentating in cat.
please give me a idea and also whether jun -nov time month enough.

hi sekar,

what exactly do u mean by technical exp? u mean an IT related software job? well being a faculty of computers in a govt. school , IMHO, is no way bad. You only need to justify to the panel why you want to shift your career from Education to management. Think up of some good answer , that should do.

please do not leave your job for cat preps. stick to it. but do devote a decent amount of time for ur preps. giving up a steady job for cat preps is not a good idea, especially for the fact that CAT is highly a game of chance and even after lot of preps ppl do miss out. keep this job as a backup option.but then again its your call whether you want to take this calculated risk.

jun-nov is good enough if you are sincere, serious and regular .

cheers and BOL.
ayan.

hai friends,
i am a silent reader and a cataspirant.this disgussion is very useful since wecan shre several ideas regar CAT also giant-IIMA.
now i am seriously preparing for CAT.reg my quali i finished my BE -IT in 2003.
i was attracted by this CAT from oct -2003.so i thought to prepare for CAT 2005.
now due to my family situa i was need to get in to any job.so i joined in a government school as computer fauctly from oct -2003 and i also concentrated in it without trying for other job.
now my worry is if i get selected in top bschools.i am not having a relevant
terchnical experience.will they accept my faculty exper.now i am having idea to leave this job.and concentating in cat.
please give me a idea and also whether jun -nov time month enough.

Bhai Ghulam, tum 4 lakh(itna hi hai na) ki naukri mat chodo. IIM mein jane ke baad bhi gurantee nahin hai, ki 7-8 hi milega. Bada risk hai, 2 saal chuti par jaane ka.
Meri mano to rahne he do.

first of all , people need to understand that a job can no way hurt ur prospects in an interview ... it shows ur a responsible person ready to work in the current environment ... the panelists are not there to criticize u for the kind of job u do be it a faculty in an conaching insti or any other job for that matters ... it all depends how u respond to them on being asked questions like why the job , why the switch from 1 field to the other etc ...

Waah yaar, ladki ke baare mein poocha to 150 messgaes aa gaye. Yahan, career ka bare me pooch rahan hoon, do 5 bhi nahin.
Bhaiya, sab office mein free ka net use karte ho kya, and Saturdays are off!

They give good money, 350 for 2 hr. lecture: But that exactly is not the issue.
It's about convincing the penalists?

Hi dude
tahts a good idea. u need to put in a lot og effort...
and they pay u well.
TIME -150 or more per hr for cat veterans
TIME blore recently advrtzd for faculties..

Same predicament here; have been offered a job as Maths faculty in a highly rep uted institute.
I failed CAT 2003 with 94.8(Cud not convert MDI, SPJIMR). Had taken 1 year official leave for some good reasons.
Presently drawing 4 in a software company.
Will the interviewers take it in negative, having left an IT job and still wanting to pursue a career in Information Management.
Plus, both SPJIMR and MDI penalists seemed to be baffled at my decision to do MBA at 26 after having an MCA degree from Premier Pune University.
Is overage a negative factor? Will the 2 year gap(now, and from now) be disadvantageous?

will suggest you 2 join. i have 91%. 99 in DI. any chance 4 me? are there any openings in delhi?