How an Indian IT guy scored a 720 (Q49 V40)

14 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
I would like to share my experience on how I went about preparing for Gmat. I hope my experience will help at least a few fellow GMAT takers and they do not commit the same mistakes that I did. Let me give you all a little background about my...
Page 1 of 2

I have gone to crackverbal and BY FAR THE BEST thing i have ever done..Salut !!! will be taking GMAT in Sep ... but i am already feeling confident ...next practice and more practice..as Arun a.k.a Psychodementia advised me ... OG and advanced verbal is enough for verbal.. Stick to a plan guys.. and i will let u know what happened to me .. in couple of months. 😃 Fingers crossed.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[540905:shahrahul1985] Congrats !!

GMAT 770. $60K scholarship from Goizueta in R3. A Debrief: http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/gmat-accepting-schools/admits-3-top-20-schools-with-scholarships-round-3-debrief-t-83776/p-3594001?a=d6672f9433e74ecb82e6decaaadfc583
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[540905:shahrahul1985] : Hi there .. Congrats for your score !!!

Well m planning to take gmat this year .. Need some info on following points please :
1. Is OG books sufficient for preparation ? (I have verbal and quant review OGs)
2. Did u refer any other books (apart from OG) ? if yes , then what were they?

Thanks
When you want something as badly as you want air to breathe , thats when u get it !
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Abhinav,

SC was the problem even I faced while preparing to take my GMAT test. But the way I went about it was to ensure that in the other sections I am decent enough so that in SC even if I make mistakes in the tough questions I would still get a respectable score. You will need to decide on such a strategy for yourself. People can just guide you but you will need to figure out a few things like:

1) What is your current score in Verbal?
2) What is your target score in Verbal?
3) In the three section in verbal how many mistakes you make in each section?
4) Are these mistakes during the initial set of verbal questions or towards the end?

These will help you in deciding on a strategy for yourself. You will need to understand one glove doesn't fit all.

Regarding the material go through OG 10/12 or OG Verbal. At least these were the ones I went through.

-Rahul

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Rahul,

Thanks for writing...I always mess up with long sentences in SC :|
Am working on it with SC grail.And I am starting with OG 10 for verbal practice hope it is enough for GMAT.

Regards,
Abhinav

Hi Abhinav,

In verbal are you able to pin point on which Topic you are facing problems. Until and unless you are able to pinpoint your problems you will not be able to work on them. I would suggest take the GMAT prep test to understand your weakness. Personally I found OG 12 and OG verbal enough material for my verbal preparations.

Hope this helps.

-Rahul
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Lovely post there, n many congratulations!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the reply please do tell us when you get admission and till then Best of luck.

Thanks Soumik

:cheerio:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Soumiktalukdar ,

I am still in the process of creating my application so its too premature to answer this question :).

Thanks,
Rahul

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Abhinav,

In verbal are you able to pin point on which Topic you are facing problems. Until and unless you are able to pinpoint your problems you will not be able to work on them. I would suggest take the GMAT prep test to understand your weakness. Personally I found OG 12 and OG verbal enough material for my verbal preparations.

Hope this helps.

-Rahul

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congratss!!!
which college did you get admission???
can u throw some light into the admission criteria and how much weightage was given to your B.Tech score??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...