Homonyms discussion

28 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
Hi All :: We generally get stuck in the verbal section if we come across some Homonyms.So,i think we should prepare ourselves for it.:cheerio::cheerio: So,lets start a thread explicitly for homonyms.Here,we can discuss many homonyms effec...
Page 1 of 3

wat happened to this thread.. i ws founding it v helpful...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Nice initiative guys, just stumbled upon this thread. LEts try and make it more active. Will be posting from my side soon.

Till then just a little clarification

What have been posted, most of the words would fall under the category of homophones and not homonyms.

Homophone
Homophones are words that sound the same but are spelt differently.

Homonyms
Homonyms are also words that sound the same but which are spelt the same. However they have different meanings.

Lets take it up from here puys, 4 months to go, time to light the NOX

The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

double post...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi All

We generally get stuck in the verbal section if we come across some Homonyms.So,i think we should prepare ourselves for it.:cheerio::cheerio:
So,lets start a thread explicitly for homonyms.Here,we can discuss many homonyms effectively.It will be an interesting and interactive way of learning
:

Nice initiative divya...:cheerio:.
Will also add my list of homonyms.
"I may not be there YET, BUT I am Closer than I was Yesterday"
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

yeah,start from beggining..with a slow nd stable pace..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey I m sorry abt the huge amt of word posted at a single shot
Just let me know if we should start the discussion from beggining with a fewer number of words or just continue from here :)

let's start it from the begining.. what do other guys say??
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey I m sorry abt the huge amt of word posted at a single shot
Just let me know if we should start the discussion from beggining with a fewer number of words or just continue from here 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Let's discuss these-

heir
one who will inherit

all
everything
awl
pointed scriber

auricle
external part of the ear
oracle
seer

away
distant
aweigh
just clear of the bottom

aweful
filled with awe
awful
really bad
offal
butchered entrails

aye
naval affirmative

homonyms from the first post by divyamenon89, can we have some sentences to make the meaning of these homonyms clear

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
victor11 Says
it would be great if we discuss those 8-10 homonyms daily along with their usage :

I agree with you victor11..I also said the same thing before .. I dont want to cover the entire homonyms list in a week.. The thread will not be of much help if it continues the same way..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

it would be great if we discuss those 8-10 homonyms daily along with their usage :

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...