HI... i ve a doubt..

8 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
hi...i m niveditha.... i m doing BS....i hav a doubt...people out there do reply to this thread.. i ve heard many people saying a BS(bachelor in science) graduate, has less chances of entering into IIM'S...compared to people from BE,B.COM....a...
Page 1 of 1

Pls search before starting a new thread.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
hi...i m niveditha....
i m doing BS....i hav a doubt...

A new thread is certainly not needed for this .. I wont be surprised if this is closed soon ..

and there is absolutly no bias .. Infact .. why shud there be any !!

So just prepare and crack the CAT first .. You can think about the rest later ..
hi...i m niveditha....
i m doing BS....i hav a doubt...people out there do reply to this thread..
i ve heard many people saying a BS(bachelor in science) graduate, has less chances of entering into IIM'S...compared to people from BE,B.COM....and other backgrounds....
is that true??
i m interested in taking up CAT.....my aim is to join the IIM'S (OR the top ten institutes for MBA )....but wenever i speak abt this to someone,they immediately giv me a negative answer saying "its nt possible!".is it true?? though i dont beleive or give a ear to what they say...at times i do get disturbed....
i ve not thought of anyother course other than doing MBA....
At times i get deppresed.....
now everyone out there...tell me wats the scene there....or the criteria for selection..is it jus the score r the course bkground r something other than tht?

Going by what u have heard, no ordinary grad shud have gotten into IIMs till now !! Contrary to that , there are many commerce and arts grads in IIMs too.

Forget all the nonsense u have heard and crack the CAT/GMAT.

All the best...

Ciao

no probs with ur BS..
even doctors get into iim's...ao stop worrying about ur background and start preparing for cat

hi niveditha
i wud suggest dat just concentrate on cat & turn a deaf ear to such baseless talks
ur first aim shud b to score a decent %ile in cat
once its over just prepare for gd/pi
hard work is d only mantra
apart 4m iims there r many top notch inst.
so for d time bieng just concentrate on cat

Hi Niveditha,
Getting into the IIMs is a two step procedure. Well, atleast till this year!!! So all that u've gotta do is do well in CAT, get invited for GDPIs and steal the show!!!

As BUGSBUNNY has said, year after year, the CAT format is pretty Engineer friendly - coz of the type of questions being asked. GDPI - it is anyone's call!!! The better dog wins!!!

So, if u prep in earnest, and do well in these 2 stages - u must get in. apart from the paper format, i dont think there is any other drawback of being a BS. And as with the paper - it is not something u cannot work out :)

All the best.

Iday

Hi Nivedita
There was no need for you to open a new thread for this query, cos there are plenty of threads for CAT already. For instance try here
As for your query,no there is no such bias against BSc people. It is just that engineers tend to perform better in the written stage, so more of them get calls. Logiaclly it follows that more of them would get in. Prep hard and no need to worry bout these things.
ATB

-
Bugs

hi...i m niveditha....
i m doing BS....i hav a doubt...people out there do reply to this thread..
i ve heard many people saying a BS(bachelor in science) graduate, has less chances of entering into IIM'S...compared to people from BE,B.COM....and other backgrounds....
is that true??
i m interested in taking up CAT.....my aim is to join the IIM'S (OR the top ten institutes for MBA )....but wenever i speak abt this to someone,they immediately giv me a negative answer saying "its nt possible!".is it true?? though i dont beleive or give a ear to what they say...at times i do get disturbed....
i ve not thought of anyother course other than doing MBA....
At times i get deppresed.....
now everyone out there...tell me wats the scene there....or the criteria for selection..is it jus the score r the course bkground r something other than tht?