Hi Friends,
I am a software engineer working in a BIG Indian IT-firm and willing to join another BIG IT-firm very soon. I have received quite a good offer from the latter company.
I have done a small mistake which might cost me dear in future as the new company has a very stringent background-checking policy.
My academic and professional credentials like marksheets, certificates, offer-letter, relieving letter and service-certificate - all are in order but there is one thing which is not mentioned in my service-certificate - that is, the technology I was working in. It's actually Java. The problem is in my first company I was on bench for almost 6 months and in my CV I had shown Java experience during this period also because I didn't want to put 'on-bench' in my CV. Therefore, although I have been employed for 2 years and 6 months in this company, my actual Java experience is only 2 years.
Can the first company act in a vindictive manner during the verification process by disclosing the fact that I lied in the CV?
Do the investigating agencies conduct their investigations till that level?
If they talk to my first company's HR people, will they tell them that I actually had 2 years' and NOT 2 years 6 months' Java experience?
PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INFO ASAP.
Thanks in advance.
  • favorite_border 
star_border
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

There are 10 posts in Hi !!! Background check Info required : ASAP plz plz plz.

View all the posts »

Get access anywhere, anytime on your mobile

Download PaGaLGuY's Android App to get easy access to your discussion groups, messages and more.
Download PaGaLGuY on the Google Play StoreDownload PaGaLGuY on the App Store
Ask questions and get video answers for RBI, CAT, SSC, IBPS exams and much more with our learning app – Prepathon.
Download Prepathon on the Google Play StoreDownload Prepathon on the App Store