HHL Leipzig Germany

8 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi, I have received admit from HHL Leipzig with 10K Euro Scholarship.. Any inputs about the school, job prospects, and program will be appreciated..I need to decide whether to accept the offer or not.. Seniors & puys ...please help...
Page 1 of 1

Hi. I'm a student at HHL, and let me state that the job scenario is quite good, IF you take the effort to learn German. There are a lot of good companies here that require good talent and if you have the right skill sets, there is no reason why you should not be selected.

From last year's batch, every student got a job. The ones that didn't are the ones who did not apply because they had other options or they had to go back to their home country. It is the same with my batch, though it is too early for us to start applying for internships. We start interning in Sept, so we start searching from maybe mid-April.

If you want to search for a job in India after HHL though, it will be tough, since you will be competing with students from IMT, ISM, IIM, Symbiosis etc, and Indian companies will prefer taking students who did their MBA in India rather than ones who did it abroad. If you do come to HHL, unless you have a job waiting for you back home, be prepared to have to work here after that.

http://greyshackmadras.bandcamp.com
2 comments
mbablogeu
@mbablogeu  ·  0 karma

on the contrary only 50% of the Indians get JOB in Germany after even 2 Yrs ........... Why don't you search the placement stat...........  this is the case between 2008 to 2016

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
mbablogeu
@mbablogeu  ·  0 karma

Search them in Linkedin or Facebook............. & don't go for nice answers ask the Hard truth ... then Jump...........  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

I have received admit from HHL Leipzig with 10K Euro Scholarship..
Any inputs about the school, job prospects, and program will be appreciated..I need to decide whether to accept the offer or not.. Seniors & puys ...please help...

@sgnsit
Even I am in a similar situation like you. I have an admit with European Business School, Frankfurt. Scholarship decision will be available only after 1-2 weeks.

Now, even I am in a dilemma on whether to take up the admit or so...

What have you decided? Please let me know.
I have time till May 30th to confirm my decision.

Cheers
Leo
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks for the information memoirs3 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi sgnsit,
I happened to speak with one friend of mine whose cousin is pursuin MBA from HHL.

going by his account it is a really grim situation at HHL.
None of the current Indian students have been able to manage internship even.

They are still waiting for a response from the companies.
Companies are only interested in employing German nationals at this point in time.

Though situation is expected to improve, but most of the Indians will supposedly come back, if they are not able to manage a job there.

Like you said , Job prospects of an HHL alum in India seems grim.

John

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks NOTHING1954 yeah thats what is on my mind.. what if I have to return to India..and the chances of finding a job in india with HHL MBA would be far too less...
Thanks for the help and your inputs..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have heard that HHL is one of the better known B-schools in Germany.
But to get a job in Germany, you might need to be able speak fluently in German.

I had an opportunity to meet with some of the Indian students of WHU Koeblentz, a competitor German B-school.
They say that job scene is bad this year; They were concerned about what will happen if they have to come back to India to look for a job- with about Rs. 20 Lakh loan.
I would guess it would be same situation with HHL.

Beware: if you have to come back to India to look for a job, the Indian job market may not give much credence to your HHL degree, unless you get a job, possibly in one of the German MNCs like Siemens, Bosch or Deutsch Bank.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys ,

Please Help i need to decide in 2 days time... need to know about the school, Program and job prospects in Germany...work permit issues etc in germany...Is it really worth it...given the current economic situation..!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I have received admit from HHL Leipzig with 10K Euro Scholarship..
Any inputs about the school, job prospects, and program will be appreciated..I need to decide whether to accept the offer or not.. Seniors & puys ...please help...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...