heya ppl!! lets disscuss smething lucrative..delhites whelcome!!

12 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
:: hye every1 lets check out wot all carrier options do v have after grads?? <*_paricularaly tokin abt b.tech>_*..all _*working*_ or nonworkin ppl r requested to show us the some of the alternative .. n yeah remember *_ " winners do...
Page 1 of 2
hey thanks for replin ..

m here toking in terms of options v ve in respect if one doesnt get thro' one of the best b-skools n he/she doesn wanna go for any okk types coll then wot option the person is left with???

tat could be in terms of stocks or jobs ..simply in vich one can xplore!!

by the way in vich field u r in??

coz only hten i wud be able to kn to ask u a better or though may be more lucrative ques ..:)

Richa, i am not sure if you are suffering from SMS syndrome. your posts require deciphering. pls use english of regular kind.

i guess there are lot of options even if you dont go for b-skools or you pass out from a tier-2 school. depending on graduation and your interests you can be in other careers which are lucrative.
one gud example is infosec (CISA,CISSP). Another is BCP/DR (CBCP). all hi-paying and hugely in demand careers.
same for CFA-AIMR for fin oriented ppl.

this is from lucrative point of view.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

@belief 1 ..spot on man.....absolutely correct....
by the way am samar.. and not sameer...

@belief1...
i agree on most of the things..you said...but just one..thing..
just sitting at home and preparing for mba...didn't sound feasible to me...at all..in any
circumstances....coz i have seen people...who were scoring in 99 range in mocks...all throught tyhe year..and finally cat eng...bugged them big time..so its too risky..to do that..if you sit at home..and don't make it anywhere..believe me the situation indeed becomes difficult.....i would go the extent to stop pp,lll..doing that as possbile..
@others.....yeah..the best way would be to talk to the ppl in b schools...as quoted by belief1..if your damn sure..you want to do an mba...it would be advisable..to take up a certain job which catapults you in mgmt role.......i gues..teh ppl..already in the b schools..can throw some more light..as they would b e knowing the actural thing...

rite sameer,but if u look carefully,i wasn't in favour of sitting at home and preparing only for management exams...apart from answering 1000's of questions from over-curious people as to what ur doing,it's also a risk,coz if u dont get thru...its a big mess...even so,if ur that determined to go for an MBA,i wud say,get into a small opening,i.e keep urself busy,n at the same time,prepare for MBA..that wud be a good option...ultimately,if u pursue something u love doing,u'll definitely excel thr and that's bound to reap reach dividends.its just that,in this journey called life,some have it real fast,while other's prefer to play the waiting game..and as they say,patience pays!!keep the faith going...

in fact i myself is scouting for such a career shift but have to look at pros and cons..and balance the things..

@ richa
I am much in the same boat as u are.i wud say the career avenues after B.E depend a lot on what u really want to do in life.no,this is not an easy question to answer.i wud say if u get thru any b-school,do some extensive research on that b-school,specially by talking to the past students n current students.if ur satisfied,join it straightaway.otherwise,its best to learn from the mistakes and give it a shot later.work-ex always counts.if ur hell-bent on pursuing an MBA next yr,u can also consider staying at home and preparing only for MBA exams.however,that wudn't be too feasible an option coz u will have lots of questions to answer also,and it wont feel good sitting at home.but then,it all boils down to wat u want.
if u wud like to go for a job,there are plenty of options available,software is not the only option..there are plenty of sites like freshersworld.com and all,which will give u an idea..but yes, you will have to scout around.best thing is,not to take undue pressure,have some idea of wat u intend to do,have faith in urself and GOD,u'll surely make it whr u want.
all the above ideas are my plan of action too..i had a disatrous CAT,lets see how things work out in SNAP.all the very best....

@belief1...
i agree on most of the things..you said...but just one..thing..
just sitting at home and preparing for mba...didn't sound feasible to me...at all..in any
circumstances....coz i have seen people...who were scoring in 99 range in mocks...all throught tyhe year..and finally cat eng...bugged them big time..so its too risky..to do that..if you sit at home..and don't make it anywhere..believe me the situation indeed becomes difficult.....i would go the extent to stop pp,lll..doing that as possbile..
@others.....yeah..the best way would be to talk to the ppl in b schools...as quoted by belief1..if your damn sure..you want to do an mba...it would be advisable..to take up a certain job which catapults you in mgmt role.......i gues..teh ppl..already in the b schools..can throw some more light..as they would b e knowing the actural thing...
@ richa
I am much in the same boat as u are.i wud say the career avenues after B.E depend a lot on what u really want to do in life.no,this is not an easy question to answer.i wud say if u get thru any b-school,do some extensive research on that b-school,specially by talking to the past students n current students.if ur satisfied,join it straightaway.otherwise,its best to learn from the mistakes and give it a shot later.work-ex always counts.if ur hell-bent on pursuing an MBA next yr,u can also consider staying at home and preparing only for MBA exams.however,that wudn't be too feasible an option coz u will have lots of questions to answer also,and it wont feel good sitting at home.but then,it all boils down to wat u want.
if u wud like to go for a job,there are plenty of options available,software is not the only option..there are plenty of sites like freshersworld.com and all,which will give u an idea..but yes, you will have to scout around.best thing is,not to take undue pressure,have some idea of wat u intend to do,have faith in urself and GOD,u'll surely make it whr u want.
all the above ideas are my plan of action too..i had a disatrous CAT,lets see how things work out in SNAP.all the very best....

@richa..was sending the above one as a p.m...posted it by mistake..
@others....why no activity..

hey thanks for replin ..

m here toking in terms of options v ve in respect if one doesnt get thro' one of the best b-skools n he/she doesn wanna go for any okk types coll then wot option the person is left with???

coz only hten i wud be able to kn to ask u a better or though may be more lucrative ques ..:)

hi..
personal details..not to be asked on forum...i can't post..
am a soft engg...working in wipro technologies....
i can understand your concern...as what if not the top b schools..
i tell you my case.....appeared for cat first time..in my final engg...
didn't make it...took up a job in campus...gave again this year..didn't make it again..
but ....2007 i will be giving again.....and this year am surely making it...:

if you look at the current trends in b schools..you will come to know..that..
lateral placements are the buzz word..right now...companies come for separate placement for people with work ex..so its always advisable to work somewhere....
i would advise to take up a job... ..where in you can leverage on your work ex in your lateral placements...like something related to finance..or mgmt ...in general...
hope this answers your query......
p.m...in case you need more info..post on the forum for generall questions..
bye..have fun....keep catting.
hey thanks for replin ..

Kya baat hai aapka emphasis lucrative par bahut hai...

i guess starting a small firm is the new rage. a bunch of my batchmates have started one..so enterpreneurship pays...

hey thanks for replin ..