Help selecting MBA in UK without GMAT

52 Posts  ·  295 Users
About this group
Hi All, I am Indian female with very good acedamics and close to 5 years of work experience in a software company in Bangalore. I do not want to write GMAT and want to do my MBA in 2010-11 batch. I have a financial contraint and cannot exceed 2...
Page 1 of 6

iam completed my graduation with 52% and i want to do mba , but iam confused to do in india or uk ,which is good ?

2 comments
Roshniii7
@Roshniii7  ·  0 karma

Both have their benefits, I personally believe that studying in UK will allow you to have an international exposure and thus increase your job opportunities. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Cranikita
@Cranikita  ·  1 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, can anyone help me on the about Aston UK MBA/Msc programmes review..i have a conditional offer for both MBA & MSC in Investment analysis

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guyz i am confused between pursuing MSE(masters in international business) from university of MANCHESTER OR pursuing MGB(masters in global business) from spjain school of global management (tri-city - dubai singapore sydney )........please give ur worthy reviews?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Dr_Saurabh

What is your opinion on the Univ of Strathclyde MBA, Glasgow. It's triple accredited and is mentioned in FT ranking 2013. I have an offer from this univ, however, I am still in the process of applying to other Universities. Will the new PSW visa norms leave a high risk for me in terms of ROI? Request you to guide

Regards
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Dr_Saurabh

Could you name a few more 'good' mba universities than those you have already mentioned? Also, I'd like to know if M.Sc Degrees have as good career opportunities as MBA? What increases my chances of securing a job in the UK afteran MBA or M.SC - Academic performance OR just the interview and how well projects were handled?

Is securing a job in the UK after an MBA really difficult? If I do not get a job in the UK, will my UK MBA be of any help in getting me a job in India?

Thanks a lot in advance.. Would be great if you could guide..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey im a graduate with decent scores n no exp and am planning to do my MBA in UK as its a one year course. As of now i got an admission from bedfordshire uni and i await admission from coventry uni. My consultant says i could still do it if my performance is very good but I'm discouraged by all my family and friends who say im going to have to come back and this is making me thing again.. Can somebody help me out with the present situation there and my chances of getting a job after my studies??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI all.......

I need serious advise plzz..
My profile:-
10th-81%
12th-52%
B.E-52%
Work Ex- 29 months as IT analyst in leading nationalized bank..
Got 96 %le in CAT 2011..but due to my profile i did not get good calls and even on getting i could not convert it...

As i have screwed my profile a lot..i just cannot take any risk now...
1) I wanted to ask that with this profile is there any chance to get into any top tier or even 2nd tier MBA program in CANADA/UK/US/AUS ??
2) Since i have good(not v good) CAT score shall i try for GMAT...and if manage to get good GMAT score also..is it possible to get into good MBA program with the same below average profile??
3) My work ex is also
4) I have been in touch with some consultants and got the following options by them..
a) University of Wollongong, Australia
b) Leicester uni, UK
c) Sussex Uni,UK
d) centenary college in canada( for PG prog as canada has 3 yrs work exp req.

shall i go for them..??

No issues with above avg budget programs also..
Wanted to work abroad for few yrs and then return..

I know its very late but i just want to give my career a last best shot and ready to do anything for it...
Please advise .....
Please advise where can i get all the right info and guidance ??
Thanks in advance....!!!!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all..is this thread still active..??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I have a workex of over 7 years. I have been working in IT industry throughout in Software Development. Currently I am in IT PreSales (over an year). I am interested in pursuing a MBA. However, I can't appear for GMAT. What are MBA choices open for me? Also, I have a budget constraint.

Appreciate the help on this.

Thanks. Neha
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have got admissions in newcastle and leicester:

I stil cannot come to a descision between these two:
Newcastle: amba + equis(possibly triple accredition by 2012): as they mentioned during the interview : a better ranking than leicester- both university and Mba program. A possible scholarship of 2500 GBP(since my acads and work ex is good)

Fee for 2011/2013: 19200 GBP Leicester:
Mba in IT management(i prefer to be specialized)
amba accredited fee: 17,700 GBP
I wil not be giving gmat, so these are the few universities i can shortlist and recieved admission. What i want to know is if accredition would make a big differance.If so, i am willing to give up my priiority in specialization as i can opt to do a dissertation or research in IT Mgmt in newcastle also.

Please advice

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...