Help regarding RC

23 Posts  ·  15 Users
About this group
Hi all, I am in Gurgaon and prepairing for CAT-2006. I am having problems in RC. Sometimes i understand the passage but unable to answer the questions correctly and other times I am even unable to comprehend the passage. Somebody ...
Page 1 of 3

well i also thought of b

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

@riyaz,isha sorry guys.. but yu need to familiarize with the concept of generic and specific statements.. pm me for doubts,

even i feel answer is b

ernil Says
see b is a more general statement while a elaborates on b.. so most effective answer..

thats right.

acc to me also the ans should be b)

@mufasa and @paramount,
same feeling here.
I have marked b. But the answer is a.

see b is a more general statement while a elaborates on b.. so most effective answer..

can neone...plz upload some gd RCs in document form...

so (b) it sd be acc. 2 me.

P.S: meri accuracy RC main bahut kharab hai doston !!!!!.... though still an effort to be a part of discussion ..

I too had marked b.

P.S: meri accuracy RC main bahut kharab hai doston !!!!!.... though still an effort to be a part of discussion ..

@mufasa and @paramount,
same feeling here.
I have marked b. But the answer is a.
... Is Islam inherently more intolerent and violent than other faiths ? That's a complex question that many scholas and many mislim reformers have grappled with for years. because of the historical circumstances in which Islam emerged, its scriptures include many passages mandating armed struggle against "unbeleivers," ostensible in response to opression or prosecution of muslims. other parts of the koran, however, explicitly discourage aggression and counsel modernisation in the struggle.

The truth is that the canonical texts of every major religion are full of contradictory statements that can be cherry picked for variety of messages.The bible contains expressions of intolerence, from divine commands for consequest and genocide to the mandate of death for anyone who tries to lead a jew astray worship of the one true god.

question:

Comparing bible and koran author says,
a)you can pick parts of either text to support anything you want to say
b) both books are full of contradictions.

Which one is best choice.