help plz am i eligible?

10 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
hello guys i m in a pathetic situation plz help. i have been selected in tcs freshers recruitment. but i have an aggregate of 58% all sem. and 64% aggregate in graduation (6,7,8th sem) actually wherever i saw an add. of tcs it showed that tcs e...
Page 1 of 1

thanx a lot vishy:satisfie:
ajay

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hi ajay
i think you will not stand at any disadvantage . normal age for mba graduates is anything bewteen 24-35 .
28-29 is young so if you do well you will end up in a fruitful career .
i think its the right time to pitch in for an mba ...

good to know you wanna study and work in India , its definitely a good choice considering the booming indian economoy and other factors ...

if you want u can try the alumni thread as well to get some perspective...

all da best
~N

thanks vishy,
and yes there are premier instiutes here in dubai like,SP jain,IMT,LSE,new york institute of technology and management and the likes offering executive MBA's for working proffessionals like me.Inspite of all this i prefer to do only an MBA from india because of the following reasons
1.the MBA offered from these above mentioned institutes are e-mba's which do not guarantee any placement,if not nil
2.even if i were to go ahead and apply for a loan here for the studies,there is this sense of job insecurity here in the context of current local laws which are increasingly favouring natives in managerial positions eg:-kuwait passed a law last year to appoint only locals in HR,PR and customer service positions and also UAE this year though it is yet to come inti practice.Therefore when one is making such a substantial investment he/she should consider all the possible repercussions and returns
3.personally i would love to do a full time course in india which i have sorely missed:(
4. and the sales and marketing field in india is far more fiercely competitive gauged on any scale ,since in india most of the times a market is created for an entirely new product,wherein here anything and everything sells unless you are that dumb.You need to worry only about your targets and
brand establishment in the FMCG sector
5.a foreign mba is out of the question(as u had suggested singapore) ,it just wouldnt work out coz of the budget constraints
6.MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE I WANT TO WORK IN INDIA

so now do you think if i were to graduate out of a premier b-skool at28/29 will it hamper my placements in in india?
do the companies prefer young experienced graduates rather than a 30 year old guy with6-5 years of exp?

i hope actually someone from a good business schools is reading this:neutral:,or have posted it in the wrong place??:

do u have any idea how they check. the freshers and their eligibility who are selected. i dint find any perfect thread relating to this query..

Hi Ajay , age is not a problem for CAT , however you need to have a graduation degree . So you if you have a graduation degree , you can write CAT and with good score nothing is impossible . You need to explain about the breaks in your acads which I am sure is convincing in your case .

Outside india 25 upwards is the age people pursue MBA . So you have lots of options India and Aboard . Singapore is a nice destination as well with couple of good colleges like NUS and others...Another college you might want to consider is SP Jain Dubai which ahs a 1 year executive MBA for students like you and the fees might come to 7-8 lakhs , but you can get a loan and finish the degree from a premier institute .

All da best
~N

thank you for the insight,
but let me explain to you the scenario,i am currently pursuing my BBA degree from here in dubai,but had previously been forced to drop out of an eng course and take up a job due to extreme financial constraints,i have been a decent student right thru school(10th-85% and 12th-77%--icse board).i started of working in a call centre,grew to the post of a quality analyst.Later when a lucrative job offer came up from here i dubai i took it up and i love this field of sales and marketing,hence intend to do an post-grad in marketing .So now you get the picture.i am 24 now

hi guys , i am pretty new to PG .I am currently based in dubai and working here as a sales exec,now i had previously posted a query in career discussions and no one replied ,ne ways my question since i can only take up cat in 2008 or 2009,by then i should be 27,will my age be a factor when it comes placements from B-skls?
:neutral:
i would grateful in the instance of a reply

Well, I am not a B Schooler or any expert, but as far as I know your hefty work ex would come handy, more so if you apply to ivy-league B Schools and not just another. So, it all boils down to what kind of colleges you apply to(and make it as well) and what your perception of good placement would is. BTW I guess ISB students' average age would be somewhere in late 20s. So you know...

hi guys , i am pretty new to PG .I am currently based in dubai and working here as a sales exec,now i had previously posted a query in career discussions and no one replied ,ne ways my question since i can only take up cat in 2008 or 2009,by then i should be 27,will my age be a factor when it comes placements from B-skls?
:neutral:
i would grateful in the instance of a reply

hey , just join . if you are chucked out - take it easy .
ask in TCS thread so that you can get a clear perspective ...
actually i shud tela you that 58% is a bit low ...but it shudnt be a hindrance if you work hard .

hello guys
i m in a pathetic situation plz help. i have been selected in tcs freshers recruitment. but i have an aggregate of 58% all sem. and 64% aggregate in graduation (6,7,8th sem) actually wherever i saw an add. of tcs it showed that tcs eligibility is of 60% graduation aggregate. i let it supposed it to be the aggregate that of the last that is 6th , 7th and 8th sem that appear in our final graduation certificate. some of my frnds too told that once u r are graduated people just look at your final marksheet.. plz help me coz i dont know will i be rejected later when they look at my certis.. and what is this background checking.. ?
thanks..
thanks..