Help needed URGENT

7 Posts  ·  21 Users
About this group
Dear all, I am placed at Samsung India as a Management trainee (Sales). However, during campus recruitment they never mentioned of a medical test. Now, some of my friends are mentioning that they would conduct a medical test. Since I am colo...
Page 1 of 1
@WiLdHaLK
@WiLdHaLK said:
My apprehension is rising because if it does (and I sit back the whole time till I get my joining), then I would lose the precious time where in I could have applied for other opportunities.
I don't understand why you need to sit and wait. Why not try other opportunities outside the campus and hopefully land multiple job offers? And about big opportunities, relax. Countless opportunities will come your way as you move ahead in life. Getting placed with a big brand name is good, but it's not any guarantee. Believe in yourself, be optimistic and keep going! All the best.
Life confuses you? Join the club!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

if they don't mention in their pre placement talk, i guess it won't affect your chances that much.. don't worry..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@krishnaahk Well thanx for ur reply..Nothing of such sort was mentioned during the pre placement talk by the company. The designation offered is of a TSM, so I believe driving would not be an activity of high frequency.
But still I am not sure of anything as of now, just keeping my fingers crossed. It would really dishearten me If I lose such a big opportunity as I have already lost many of them in the past.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

You are a management trainee in Sales. Does your job involves frequent travelling and do you have to drive two wheeler as a part of your job? If it so colour blindness will impact your job. It is better to be frank at the time of medical examination.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@manish_harodia Thanx for the reply. Certain companies reject candidates outrightly on a high degree of color blindness even if the job profile has nothing to do with the ailment. Some of the popular ones are TCS, Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki.

I just wanted to enquire whether Samsung falls among them or not. My apprehension is rising because if it does (and I sit back the whole time till I get my joining), then I would lose the precious time where in I could have applied for other opportunities.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@WiLdHaLK : Unfortunately, I am clueless. However, color blindness, if it does not interferes with your work profile, it should not be a problem.
We had a blind receptionist at HSBC corporate office and the person was a telephone operator. SO relax and give your best shot. 😃
Taming the cat artistically @ www.genesismentors.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear all,

I am placed at Samsung India as a Management trainee (Sales). However, during campus recruitment they never mentioned of a medical test. Now, some of my friends are mentioning that they would conduct a medical test. Since I am colorblind and had faced rejection in TCS (graduation) due to this, I am seeking any possible help on this matter. My college placement people are reluctant to talk back to the HR people regarding this and I am in hapless situation.

Please let me know if possible whether they reject candidates on colorblindness. I made a thorough research on the net before posting but it was inconclusive. Thanks in advance.

1 comment
DShankar
@DShankar  ·  1 karma

Hi. Did you get that job in Samsung?

I got a offer for the post of Software Engineer. I was asked to do a medical test and I was diagnosed as being color blind. Will I be rejected on that basis? It is almost the same situation you faced. So wanted to know what happened in your case. Please let me know.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...