Help Me For Solving This Prb

12 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Three neighbors are there. 1st one lends 2nd and 3rd that many no. of tractors that then already each had. After few months, 2nd lends to 1st and 3rd that many tractors then they had. After a few months 3rd lends to 1st and 2nd that many tractors ...
Page 1 of 2
thanku vineet
ur explanation for each prb was very nice...
thanks a lot for clarifying my doubts!!!
sorry for disturbing again!
pls post the solution for these prb also...

1.at a fair i bought 6 pineapples and two jackfruits for rs15.if i could have bought 4 more pineapples for rs14 than jackfruits for rs9.what would be the price of each?

2.the combined ages of reena and seena are 44 and reena is twice as old as seena was then reena was half as old as seena will be when seena is 3 times as old as reena was when reena was 3 times as old as seena.how old is reena?

3.i have 3 squre boards,the surface of the first containing 5 sqr feet more than the second and the second containing five sqr feet more than the third.can u find the exact measurement for the sides of the boards?

4.there r two systems of measuring temp like celsius & farenheit. if 36 in A equals 14 in B and 133 in A equals 87 in B at what temp will the two be equal?

5.IF A= 4,A+B+C+D = D+E+G+H=G+H+I=17..
whats the value of D and G.

friends pls post the solution soon.........
coz next sunday(5th feb) i have infy test

advanced thanks...
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
thank u iday.i have doubt in some more prbs
pls post solution for these prbs also...

1.one daya man walked in and kept seventy five paise on the counter and requested,'please give me some 2 paise stamps,six times as many as one paisa stamps,andfor the rest of the amount give me 5 paisa stamps.'
find how many 2paisa,1 paisa,5 paisa stamps r given?

2.a man i know,who lives in my neighourhood,travelsto chinsurs everyday for his work.his wife drives him over to howrah station every morning and in the evening exatly at 6 pm.she picks him up from the station and takes him home.one day he was let off at work an hour earlier,and so he arrived at the howrah station at 5pm instead of at 6pm.he started walking home.however,he met his wife enroute to the station and got into the car.they drove home arriving 10 min earlier than usual.how long did the man have to walk,before he was picked up by his wife?

3.when my uncle in madura died recently,he left a will,instructing his executors to divide his estste of Rs,1,920,000 in this manner:every son should receive three times as much as a daughter,and that every daughter should get twice as much as their mother.what is my aunt's share?

4.a friend of mine in bangalore owns a horce-driven carriage.it was found that the for wheels of the carriage make four more revolutions than the hind wheel in going 96 feet.however,it was also found that if the circumference of the for wheel was 3/2 as great and of the hind wheel 4/3 as great,then the fore wheel would make only 2 revolutions more than hind wheel in going the same distance of96 feet.can you find the circumference of each wheel?

5.one day i decided to walk all the way from bangalore to tumkur.i started exactly at noon.and someone i know in tumkur decided to walk all the way to bangalore from tumkur and she started exactly at 2pm on the same day.we met on the bangalore-tumkur road at five past four,and we both reached our destination at exactly the same time.at what time did we both arrive?

pls send solution as fastas possible..........

thank u

solution :
1)
let the no. of 1 paise coin be 6y
then the no. of 2 paise coin will be y
let the no. of 5 paise coin be x
now the total value =6y+2y+5x=75
8y+5x=75=>y=5,x=7
hence , 30 one paise coins , 5 two paise coins & 7 five paise coin .

2)
Let total distance be S &distance; to which man goes on foot be x
let the speed of man be Vm and that of the car be Vc .
takin 12 o clock as refrence , we have
(x/ Vm) +300 = 360 - (S/Vc) + (S-x) / Vc
Also,
300 + (x/Vm) + (S-x) / Vm = 360 + (S / Vc) -10
from these two eqns , Vc=11Vm
puttin the value, we get x/Vm = 55 mins
So the man had to walk for 55 mins.

3.)Let the no. of sons be s, no. of daughters be d
let the value given to aunt is A
then given to each daughter = 2A
then given to each son = 6A
total value =6A*s+2A*d+A=192,0000 = 2^6 * 3 * 10000
=>A(6s+2d+1)=2^6 * 3 * 10000
Now a keen observation will show us that , on LHS (6s+2d+1) will always be odd for any values of s or d.
and the only odd multiple on RHS is 3 .
hence 6s+2d+1 =3
for this to be s=0,d=1
putting these values in our eqn, we get A=64,0000.So the aunt will get 64 ,000

4)

Let the circumfrence of the hind wheel be C1 nd that of for wheel be C2,
let there be x no. of revolutions by hind wheel,
hence , C1*x=C2 * (x+4)=96
Now, in the 2nd case, let theno. of revolutions be y

hence, (4/3)C1*y = (3/2)C2 * (y+2)=96

from the two eqns, C1=12 , C2=8

5)

Let the total distance be S & there point of meet be x from bangalore
let speed of mine be Vm and that of girl be Vw
then , taking 12 o clock as the refrence time ,
(x/Vm) =245 , (S-x)/Vw = 125
Also , (S/Vm) =(S/Vw) + 120
from these two eqns,
S^2 - 2Sx+ (24/49 )x^2 = 0
=>S = (12/7)x or (2/7)x
so , S=(12/7)x , since S>x
So, time take n by me to reah tumkur =(12/7) * 245 =420=7 hrs
since our refrence is 12 oclock ,therefor ,
we both reach at 7 pm

:

For post 8, qno2: he walked for 55 min, for problem 5, it is 8 and 12 feet as circumference for the wheels. Anyhow, u can follow the thread Shakunthaladevi for posting these problems. U dont start a new thread for each problem.

1.one daya man walked in and kept seventy five paise on the counter and requested,'please give me some 2 paise stamps,six times as many asone paisa stamps,andfor the rest of the amount give me 5 paisa stamps.'

thank u

Let 'a' be no. of two paisa stamps and 'b' be the no.of five paisa stamps..
then we get

2.a + 1.(6a) + 5.b = 75

8a+5b=75

a = 5 and b = 7 is the only poss.

so 5 two paisa stamps, 30 one paisa stamps and 7 five paisa stamps!!

1.one daya man walked in and kept seventy five paise on the counter and requested,'please give me some 2 paise stamps,six times as many asone paisa stamps,andfor the rest of the amount give me 5 paisa stamps.'

2.a man i know,who lives in my neighourhood,travelsto chinsurs everyday for his work.his wife drives him over to howrah station every morning and in the evening exatly at 6 pm.she picks him up from the station and takes him home.one day he was let off at work an hour earlier,and so he arrived at the howrah station at 5pm instead of at 6pm.he started walking home.however,he met his wife enroute to the station and got into the car.they drove home arriving 10 min earlier than usual.how long did the man have to walk,before he was picked up by his wife?

3.when my uncle in madura died recently,he left a will,instructing his executors to divide his estste of Rs,1,920,000 in this manner:every son should receive three times as much as a daughter,and that every daughter should get twice as much as their mother.what is my aunt's share?

4.we have a circular dining table made of marble which had come down to us as a family heirloom.we also have some beatiful bone-china saucers that i recently brought from japan.diameter of our table top is 15 times the diameter of our saucers which are also circular.we would like to place the saucers on the table so that they neither overlap each other nor the edge of the table.how many can we place in this manner?

5.a friend of mine in bangalore owns a horce-driven carriage.it was found that the for wheels of the carriage make four more revolutions than the hind wheel in going 96 feet.however,it was also found that if the circumference of the for wheel was 3/2 as great and of the hind wheel 4/3 as great,then the fore wheel would make only 2 revolutions more than hind wheel in going the same distance of96 feet.can you find the circumference of each wheel?

6.one day i decided to walk all the way from bangalore to tumkur.i started exactly at noon.and someone i know in tumkur decided to walk all the way to bangalore from tumkur and she started exactly at 2pm on the same day.we met on the bangalore-tumkur road at five past four,and we both reached our destination at exactly the same time.at what time did we both arrive?

pls send solution as fastas possible..........

thank u

Form equations man...
let the present age of the husband be 'h' and the present age of the wife be 'w'

at the time of marriage my wife was 3/4th of my age
(w - 12) = 3/4*(h - 12)

now she is only 5/6th of my age
w = 5/6h

rearranging these 2 equations and solving for h and w must give u the answer.
BTW, the husband was 24 and the wife was 18 during their marriage.

Something more important msuresh. Practice this art of forming equations from such questions. Both the questions u've posted here cud be solved by simply creating equations out of those. There will be many such questions in the infy paper. These are really easy ones. keep doing more of these and u shud do well in the test...

If we wanna finish the infy paper in time, i guess we need a bit of speed. Definitely not at B-scholl exam levels, but u still gotta be fast me thinks :)

Iday

guys post the solution for below prb...
a person went to 12th wedding day of jayant and mohini.jayant says"at the time of marriage my wife was 3/4th of my age,now she is only 5/6th of my age."
what is their age at the time of marriage?
i am confused...pls post solution as fast as possible...
thank u
the liner equations method will be long and time consuming.
work it the other way.

The guys end up with 24 each.
Step 1 = A gives B and C
Step 2 = B gives A and C
Step 3 = C gives A and B

after step 3
24, 24, 24 (A, B, C)
before step 3 (or) after step 2
just take half of what A and B have and add it to C :)
12, 12, 48 (A, B, C) (50% of A and B's tractors comes from C)
before step 2 (or) after step 1
6, 42, 24 (A, B, C) (same explanation)
before step 1 (or) during start of problem
39, 21, 12 (same explanation)

voila...

Fine in an infy exam..time wont b a factor I feel..but still I agree tht its a faster nd better method too
thank u for posting the solution!!!

now only i got idea abt that prb .

the explanation was very nice....

39,21 and 12 tractors respectively...
Simple linear equations need to be solved..start with a,b,c intially nd u get three equations to solve 3 variables..

the liner equations method will be long and time consuming.
work it the other way.

The guys end up with 24 each.
Step 1 = A gives B and C
Step 2 = B gives A and C
Step 3 = C gives A and B

after step 3
24, 24, 24 (A, B, C)
before step 3 (or) after step 2
just take half of what A and B have and add it to C :)
12, 12, 48 (A, B, C) (50% of A and B's tractors comes from C)
before step 2 (or) after step 1
6, 42, 24 (A, B, C) (same explanation)
before step 1 (or) during start of problem
39, 21, 12 (same explanation)

voila...