Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Hello ! I am appearing for CAT this year. I have joined the Time test series and the Career Launcher one too. I have a problem. My scores have been all over the place for the mocks i have given. to make it clear, my time overall percenti...
Page 1 of 1

Its the same post u put up on the Cat Guru Gyan from CAV. So, wait till u hear from Amit!

Locked. 😃

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

How about an analysis of the Quant section? Getting most of the problems After the exam is no big deal. Have you asked yourself why you didnt get the same problem in the hall? Are you clear on what topics are your strengths( and thereby solve ALL/Most of the problems in the paper) or not(and thereby avoid wasting too much time atleast for the time being)??

Can you pick out the sitters right away. Do you read all the questions, circling the ones you know?
When you see a question, do you get right down to solving it or do you intuitively know that this problem is easy/solvable , easy/time consuming , medium/time consuming, medium/solvable or Hard/Avoid??

Let us know.

And all the best

Hello !

I am appearing for CAT this year. I have joined the Time test series and the Career Launcher one too. I have a problem. My scores have been all over the place for the mocks i have given.

to make it clear, my time overall percentiles have been :

99.05... 718
99.45... 717
94.9.... 716 ( got half an hour less.... the free one )
96.**... 715
98.9 .... 713
92.0..... 714A ( got half an hour less, due to rescheduling of test timings )

my CL percentiles have been :

98.89 ... MCT 2
97.23 ... MCT 3
99.87.... Mock Snap

i am tearing my hair out in frustation wondering what is happening. one week i feel very confident, i get a sad score. the next week i am totally depressed and demotivated and just give the test for the heck of it, and i get something like that mock snap score.

there is absolutely no consistency in my scores.

about sectionals :

i have almost always cleared verbal and data cut-offs by a large margin of 5-10 marks. but quant i am right on the edge, or way below it. i just make it or miss it by 3-4 marks.

my quant is not at all bad, and when i analyse the paper afterwards, i get most of the problems. i have no idea what is going on......... i allocate about 75 minutes ( or sometimes more ) for quant, as i can manage to finish off verbal and data both in about 75 minutes quite easily with usually great scores.

have been working my ass off on quant, solving arun sharma.... no problems getting most of the problems there. paper me jaake kya hota hai ?

i have no idea what i should do.......... could anyone please help me ?

will really appreciate any help.......

cheers,
harshad