HEC and Escp help needed

9 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
Hey guys, I have been selected for the masters in management or the grande ecole programe in HEC and ESCP. I have 100% scholarship at ESCP. Can you pls guide me as to make the right decision? thanks
Page 1 of 1

Hi

I am from IIm calcutta

have received a dual degree ofer from escp, paris. i wanted to know how advantageous would it be to be at escp for 1 year when a student of iim c.

thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I'm in my final year of Engineering at Amrita School of Engineering, with an 8 point CGPA on 10 and am applying to both ESCP and HEC for the 2011 intake, via the winter session.
I am taking my GMAT on Jan 10th.
I have decent extra curriculars and pretty good school acads.
Also want to clarify what extra curriculars count.

Also, how much weightage a strong SoP would hold.
And how important the LoRs are.

Thanks
Aditya

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I am from India, currently in 2nd year of BSc, (3 years program) and although I have never given GMAT as such yet, I am keen on getting to Grande Ecole program of HEC Paris.
I have good academic record, the only grey spot being my somewhat lesser marks in High School leaving exam.
I have very good ECs, represented India in an international competition and can speak Hindi, English, Urdu and have intermediate proficiency in French, Russian and German.
Can you suggest me some good ways to increase my profile, as I am very keen on HEC Paris Grande Ecole program.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@rust in peace - I think a GPA of 8 is pretty decent. Combined with a good GMAT score, i wouldn't see it becoming an issue. I was told by someone that HEC apparently do give academics quite a bit of weightage. But again, i suppose with strong ECs and good grades, you should be fine.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@The21stKing - Thanks for sharing your profile! Pardon me for temporarily hijacking the thread, but I'd be grateful if you could enlighten me on this issue - I'm a little worried about my grades; By the time I pass out I'll have a GPA of around 8/10 from BITS. Where do you think it falls on the HEC pecking order?

Besides, what weightage does HEC give to Grades/GMAT/GRE vis a vis ECs; I have quite strong ECs, and am hoping that they compensate for the not-so-stellar grades. Confident of doing well on GMAT/GRE though.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@rust in peace - Thanks. Yea my scholarships made the decision a no brainer for me.

Yes, you can take a gap year for internships. The only things that are currently worrying me are the discussions on PG about the difficulty in getting internships/jobs if you're not FLUENT in French. I've been taking classes since end of Jan but there's no way I can be fluent before i go to Paris!

Well i'm not aware of scholarships particularly for Indian students (I'm from Nepal) but HEC offer merit scholarships at the time of your admission. The amounts generally depend on your 'rank' among the pool of students admitted. Apart from that there is the Eiffel Scholarship for which you have to apply before the November deadline so that the schools can send your Eiffel App in time. You might want to check out the HEC website for more details.

And finally here's my profile.

23/M/Nepalese
B.Eng. Electrical Engineering (Cardiff University, UK)
GMAT 730
~2 Yrs work ex with an IT company in UK
Good academic record
average EC's
International experience

All the best!

@amit & 21stking - Hearty Congratulations on your admit/schol to ESCP and HEC Paris' flagship programme! IF believe in this economic climate where there is a question mark over job opportunities in Developed Countries for Indians, a scholarship makes decision making really easy as you don't have to worry about paying back loans, even if you have to return back to India.

I believe you can take a break of upto 12 months after your first year in the Grand Ecole programme to do internships; Is that true?

If I were you, I'd take HEC over ESCP, as HEC seems to have a better brandname in the English Speaking world.

It would be helpful if you could share your profiles with us. Which scholarships can Indians apply to in these 2 schools? I will be applying to HEC & ESCP in the near future.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@amit & 21stking - Hearty Congratulations on your admit/schol to ESCP and HEC Paris' flagship programme! I believe in this economic climate where there is a question mark over job opportunities in Developed Countries for Indians, a scholarship makes decision making really easy as you don't have to worry about paying back loans, even if you have to return back to India.

I believe you can take a break of upto 12 months after your first year in the Grand Ecole programme to do internships; Is that true?

If I were you, I'd take HEC over ESCP, as HEC seems to have a better brandname in the English Speaking world.

It would be helpful if you could share your profiles with us. Which scholarships can Indians apply to in these 2 schools? I will be applying to HEC & ESCP in the near future.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

congratulations on getting in. I applied in the November round and got into both the schools as well. Although I have taken up HEC as i got the Eiffel Scholarship through them.

Firstly, is the scholarship for the first year only or both years ? To be honest there isn't really a lot of difference between the schools in terms of prestige. Yes, finance can definitely be an issue so I would go with ESCP if HEC haven't offered you any scholarship. However if the ESCP scholarship is only for your first year, you can try and use it as leverage to negotiate your scholarship with HEC!

Hey guys,
I have been selected for the masters in management or the grande ecole programe in HEC and ESCP.
I have 100% scholarship at ESCP.
Can you pls guide me as to make the right decision?

thanks
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys,
I have been selected for the masters in management or the grande ecole programe in HEC and ESCP.
I have 100% scholarship at ESCP.
Can you pls guide me as to make the right decision?

thanks

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...