Hearing Impaired : How to cope in IIM/MBA GDs and PIs?

13 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Dear, I am a CL student and got shortlisted in IIM (K). I am a physically challenged student (hearing impairment). So during the GD I have to do lip reading of what others say. I am not able to raise my voice though I have points to say. ...
Page 1 of 2

did anyone get thru this category this year(2k...plzz share ur experience...(CAT SCORE, GD/PI EXPERIENCE, BACKGROUND)...
THNKS

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Sir then will my chances get marginalised...as less no. of seats...i understand...less competition bt is it a feasible option....
sir one more thing can you please private message me your email-id so that i can clearify a few doubts out of context....
thanks a lot sir...

Nopes your chances are not marginalized.. No. of seats may not be that low.. compare.. more than 10000 students compete for 2000 seats.. and 150 compete for 30 to 40 seats!!! Ur chances may be bright if u shine well in GD's and PI's.. and you need not be a 99 percentile.. an above average percentile will attract you more than 4 calls!!!
And.. dont call me sir!!! Be normal.. you can catch me on niranjanc12@iimklive.com!
Dude.. understand..!!! If u have applied for CAT with PH Quota.. the shortlist will be based on PH Quota alone.. This is applicable to all IIM's.. It is not that if u score good percentile.. Whatever percentile you take.. your shortlist will be based on the Quota your are applying!!!

Regards,
Niranjan C
Class 2010

Sir then will my chances get marginalised...as less no. of seats...i understand...less competition bt is it a feasible option....
sir one more thing can you please private message me your email-id so that i can clearify a few doubts out of context....
thanks a lot sir...
dj1 Says
Sir but how will i understand that i have made thru general quota...because my calls will be published according to my PH category....how to undrstand.....that the call which i have got are because of PH or general...???

Dude.. understand..!!! If u have applied for CAT with PH Quota.. the shortlist will be based on PH Quota alone.. This is applicable to all IIM's.. It is not that if u score good percentile.. Whatever percentile you take.. your shortlist will be based on the Quota your are applying!!!

Regards,
Niranjan C
Class 2010
If u applied in PH Quota then.. u cant get in general quota. There is a separate GD and PI for PH shortlist.

Niranjan
Class of 2010
IIMK

Sir but how will i understand that i have made thru general quota...because my calls will be published according to my PH category....how to undrstand.....that the call which i have got are because of PH or general...???

If u applied in PH Quota then.. u cant get in general quota. There is a separate GD and PI for PH shortlist.

Niranjan
Class of 2010
IIMK

plzzhelp me guys...nobody is replying....
If i am a pd(physically disabled) category candidate...means if i apply in this category in CAT....can i get admission through general category....if i score good.....and are there seperate GDs for pd category candidates..??

This got taken up on the IIMK thread a while back. Niranjan is in touch with the Student Council here at IIMK who are coordinating with the admissions office.

Renaming the thread and moving to the relevant section. I think it's a very genuine predicament and I wonder how the IIMs and other institutes are going to deal with it.
niranjc did you try contacting the admission office of IIM K regarding the same? Perhaps you can post in the IIM K queries thread if you dont get response them and the present students could take it up?
Wish you loads of luck in your Gd/PI endeavor!:)

Girish...!