Healthcare Management - Future scope and job opportunities

13 Posts  ·  23 Users
About this group
I'd like to know about the prospects of HCM from anyone who is either sure or is currently a part of any healthcare initiative in/for the healthcare industry.Any help/suggestion/fact is highly appreciated.Thank you!
Page 1 of 2

hi can anyone please guide me for iihmr bangalore in placements aspects???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am a dentist with 6 yrs of work experience. My CAT score is 87.37%ile and i have received a call for GD-PI from SIHS . Kindly suggest which of these colleges is better for healthcare in terms of PLACEMENT PACKAGES and academics -

1.) TAPMI

2.) SIHS

3.) IHMR

wat are the average packages offered in dese institutes?

1 comment
Ramneek1234
@Ramneek1234  ·  51 karma

you could also consider GIM for its PGDM HCM course.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thank you
A ship in port is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@banerjee1 TAMPI is also Tier 1. To me honest it depends on you, I think it is more important to know your philosophy behind going for HCM. If you are really interested in the Industry great go in with your eyes closed. Introspect first you will find the answer.
On Mission FPM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Adymos: what about TAPMI and GIM Pgdm hcm courses ?? And will it be wise to switch from IT (2 yrs exp) to healthcare...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@banerjee1 that my friend is a very subjective question. It depends on the following factors

1. College you are doing it from - In the world of Health care TISS and IHMR are considered to be tier 1 the other are not as highly regarded
2. Years of relevant experience
3. Educational Background - It is obvious that if you have medical or paramedical education as a background certain sections of healthcare will prefer you more over others
4. Section in which you are going - If you go into IT the salaries are higher than when you go for a hospital.

I must mention that the salaries are not as high as say when you do an MBA they are decent enough tho. hope that solves your query
On Mission FPM
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Adymos What are the initial salary someone can expect after doing pgdm hcm??
1 comment
Rohan001
@Rohan001  ·  19 karma
Hi Adymos. Have your started your PGDM as yet?
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Ramneek1234 To be honest I believe in to each his own. I cannot pass judgement on that.
On Mission FPM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Adymos .. so which one out of all the options would you say is the best to work in?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Healthcare is a funny sector to be honest. I am currently working in Healthcare so I can only give my views :P

To be honest a lot depends on what you want to work in I mean a hospital, biotech, research facilities, IT or something else. The starting salaries are not very high in all the branches but that is the way the industry functions. Also it is important to understand that certain colleges are looked at as the creamy ones which increases your job prospects. It is important to have some knowledge about the industry prior to jumping in. I personally feel that moving to a different industry post healthcare is difficult so the exit options are kind of limited. Any ways best of luck
On Mission FPM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...