Harvard Business school- class of 2014

15 Posts  ·  55 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, Thought would kick off the hbs class of 2014 entering 2012 am in for R2 A little about me M/25 at matric/3 yrs. at an identifiably unique background to --> turnaround COO of a 50M INR clean energy business Industry : ...
Page 1 of 2

Hi Guys:

I have created a group for post-GMAT preparations for Kolkata-ites. Join the group to discuss all your GMAT related queries as well as Essay and PI based discussions. 

Looking forward to your contribution.

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-kolkata-2017-18-aspirants-46125818

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Right now I am doing masters in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations. Should I go for SBI PO or opt for the job of HR trainee in a PSU?

I want to get into one of the ivy-league business schools. I think SBI PO would be a good option because the job roles are more diverse and general. I am planning to start my own consultancy (recruitment, training, stress management and soft skills development) along with a job in SBI PO.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Harvard MBA Class Profile http://essaysapps.com/harvard-mba-class-profile/ #EssaysApps #EA

EssaysApps.com - Making education decisions easier by sharing expert advice from those who've who've been there
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all !

After burning my fingers with CAT last year i decided in Jan 2014 that instead of wasting my time CAT i would rather try for the world's top 10 colleges (including, obviously, and especially Harvard). So i started my preparation right away and just 2 days back i gave my GMAT. My score split up is as follows-

Section: Scaled Score

Quants- 49
Verbal: 42
IR: 8

Overall Score : 750

My AWA scores are awaited. Unfortunately my past academics are pretty bad-

10th: 76%
12: 69%
Graduation (B.Tech CSE): 6.4 CGPA.

I have work ex of 2.5 years (as of today) and have been active in a bunch of extra curricular activities ever since i started my job. I am also a weekend volunteer at a famous NGO and have helped my company(a top IT company in India) with their CSR (corporate social responsibility) activities for which i got special recommendation from my company's HR.

I also have 2 L.O.R s- one from my boss at work and one from my NGO.

Now based on all this can anyone tell if i have even the remotest chance of getting into Harvard ? Or should i not apply at all ? Any and all guidance is appreciated !

XLRI 16-18 || Part-time Verbal Faculty @Unacademy|| CAT VA-99.8x || GMAT VA- 42 || XAT VA-99
5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
ivyctor2010
@ivyctor2010  ·  923 karma

Experience would still be on the lower side....However, it may be compensated with factors more than 1. ...it may be difficult to elaborate here. You could PM us your details for a discussion on the same.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
achyut1989
@achyut1989XLRI Jamshedpur  ·  2,217 karma
@mba-help

Will complete 3 years of work ex in september.

Current job role- pre sales advisor/consultant in India's Top IT company . When clients come to my company for IT solutions i offer them solutions based on the software that i am working on.

And my college is SRM University .

Btw are the top 10 definitely ruled out ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am from a technical sales background.Having managed pan India sales for top notch Technology company sales for the past 6 years with revenues of 3M+ each year.
GMAT score - 710
GPA-7.98
An avid athlete painter and story writer.Good extra curricular s to back up with.What chances are there for Harvard? Plz suggest
4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
avikneogi
@avikneogi  ·  0 karma

I have been engaged extensively with multiple social obligations and multiple alumni association groups worldwide for my school as well as college.I possess a diploma in fine arts and write short stories as well on my blog for the last 5 years.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ivyctor2010
@ivyctor2010  ·  923 karma

Think it would be better if we could have a discussion on the same. Please PM us your details so that we could get in touch with you.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@jaydevk

Hello, I'm Jaydev currently pursuing my under-graduation, just completed B.Tech 3rd year.

What would be the best possible strategy to get into top-most B-Schools like Harvard, Stanford... ?

I know a minimum work ex is required (varying from 19 months to 2yrs) ....

Would to suggest me to give GMAT in this year itself or should I wait??

Top notch schools require anywhere between 2 to 6 years of experience, so you should aim to take your GMAT once you are 1 year into the Job. Technically GMAT scores are valid for 5 years but it would be great if you take GMAT within 2-3 years period prior to your application. Focus on your post-B.Tech job and profile building for now.

Official B-school Counselor for Pagalguy Download Mobile App to avail free counseling from Alumni http://bit.ly/1zNtRLi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello, I'm Jaydev currently pursuing my under-graduation, just completed B.Tech 3rd year.

What would be the best possible strategy to get into top-most B-Schools like Harvard, Stanford... ?

Would to suggest me to give GMAT in this year itself or should I wait??

My academic skills:

10th 83.50%

12th 85.2%

B.Tech 8.37/10 (CPI)

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Nipunkumar
@NipunkumarMDI Gurgaon  ·  1,303 karma

MBA programs you could apply for right now:
Harvard 2+2
Yale Silver Scholar
IESE YTP
ISB Hyderabad YLP
There maybe more...

MSc in Management:
HEC Paris
LSE
University of St. Gallen
MSc in Marketing at Columbia

Some of the good programs that I can recall off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty others too. 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Nipunkumar
@NipunkumarMDI Gurgaon  ·  1,303 karma

For more info, try poetsandquants.com
It is the Pagalguy of foreign B schools.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

I am Vikram from Mumbai,India .
I was wondering what you thought of my chances of getting into my target schools: Harvard,Wharton, Stanford or Booth based on my stats:

I am an Indian male 26 years old
GMAT- 730
MBA-Finance(2011) : 3.0/4.0
B.E (IT)(2009) : 62%
XII (2005) : 71%
X (2003) : 78%
CFA Level III Candidate.
Extra curriculum activities : Mountaineering, Field Sports, Have a started a NGO , which is into Education and Family upliftment. NGO has impacted life of more than 100 people in India since its inception in 2009.
Letter of Recommendations from 3 CFOs of Large Corporates are expected.

Work Experience: 3 Yrs in Leading Financial Services Company with a focus on Debt/Mezzanine funding.Part of Credit Appraisal team.

Do you think i am strong candidate for these schools,given the fact this is my second MBA attempt within 2 years of passing out from the first one.

Thanks
Vikram
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Guys,
Thought would kick off the hbs class of 2014 entering 2012

am in for R2

A little about me

M/25 at matric/3 yrs. at an identifiably unique background to --> turnaround COO of a 50M INR clean energy business
Industry : Cleantech
GPA : 7.9 from a top tier school
GMAT : scheduled sept. 28th
EC : model/ theater artist/ writer/ mountaineer, few others with heavy leaderships

Welcome in! and pls. share ur profiles

Not trying to undermine the importance of your GMAT, but with a profile like this you might not have needed a big score. Its stellar..
Eller MBA, Class of 2014
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any one of you invited to the interview-rounds in Mumbai this year?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...