Guys with (I, L,A,C,K B) syndrome

15 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
Hi guys, I was just browsing through the call getting profiles and noticed one thing peculiar, the breed which has A,C,L,K,I but no B. I personally am shocked by the B result, and since I checked my B before C, I was completely psyched out...
Page 1 of 2

i believe its the b loss by not giving call to us ...

my report card:
va 97.7
quant 98.92
di 99.05
overall 99.72

xii 87.6

engg : 73.2 from N.S.I.T. Delhi (never felt it to be less till b dint give me the call)
bahot fight marne padi thi to to get this and b says its not enough ....exam se pehli raat syllabus pata karna nad then preparing .. it was nt easy ...

work-ex : 17va mahena chal raha hai ..

Presently in US .. jaldi ghar aana hai ....

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hope the guys with IIMC calls have visited this link by now:
IIM Calcutta Admissions
pls inform ur frens 'n coaching insti mates.
The sooner u guys provide the data, sooner we get back to u with all the relevant info which will help u crack the IIMC GD/PI...

Now if kids don`t study, the moms can scare them by saying "bachhe padh le... nahi to iim b nahi bulayega"

As per the IIMB shortlist summary available at www.iimb.ernet.in , the averages given are :

All figures for GE category

DI - 96.42, VA - 95.55, QA - 97.30, Total - 99.14
X - 88.74, XII - 88.94, Bachelor's - 82.84

Looking at the callgetters, many of them have got 98+ in two sections and around 88 in the third section... so that would explain why the cat percentiles are hovering around the 96 range. As for the acads, my belief is that X - 85/86+ , XII - 85/86+, Bachelors - 79/80+ should be a comfortable score to have got a call. Because avg scores are mentioned, don't assume the acads to be distributed as per normal distribution. Marks for other categories would be lower than this. Also B could have calculated scores based on some weighted avg concept. So please do not go comparing yourselves with other candidates, unless the profile is a ditto replica as yours.

what the hell
I am a member of this elite bandwagon as well!!!

Overall: 99.37
DI 96.48
EU 98.98
QA 97.29

acads

Xth- 88%
XIIth- 88%

Btech in chemical engg from NIT Trichy: 72.8% (or 7.28 GPA)

WE: 5 months (hehehehe almost a fresher)

my take on this whole thingee is that u have to be "outstanding" in one field (out fo the 7 mentioned) so as to make it into B.. but then, a load of outstanding ppl dint make it in.. I really don't know what to say except this:
This is a loss of B that we are not in the caller's list... Rock all the other 5 and get converts from all of them.. we are the PUYS.. whu will inherit the earth in a short while!!!

Another LACKI

Profile:

V 99
Q 97.3
D 99.3
T 99.7

XII 80
UG 6.7 or 67

WE 2 years

Here's one more joining the I LACK 'B' bandwagon

CAT 2006 Overall - 99.26
DI - 97.82
VA - 97.14
QA - 97.44

Xth - 85
XIIth - 85.4

B.Tech - 7.23(the culprit I guess :)), EEE from NIT Trichy

Work ex - 18 months in the IT world

Mridul

Nice thread ... I think this year no. of BLACKIs are very less and LACKIs will be many.

well about my profile .. it is like this:

VA - 95.82
QA - 98.75
DI - 99.55

total - 99.72

X - 84
XII - 81.6

B.E. - 71.6 (the main culprit ... but in our college & dept, 71.6 is considered decent)

work ex - 55 months till now

calls- LACKI

Hi guys,
I dont see no reason for me not getting selected, coz I know certain profiles with B calls, where all the factors are lower than mine.

B is known for giving random calls as has been rightly pointed out by some seniors here.

In my case I at least seem to know the reason for rejection. (apparently my low undergrad GPA) But after lukin at ur profile I am not sure what can be the reason. First I was just thinkin that they have applied cutoffs for %ages/GPA at somewhere b/w 7.2-7.4 or 72-74. But it is strange u hv been rejected at 7.5 Ya, ppl with %ages around 73-74 have been shortlisted..

My profile

6 months work ex...
qa 98.20
va 98.28
di 99.30

10th 91.2
12th 87 chiller...

engineering 70 %

On preliminary discussion with ims/cl faculty, general opinion seems that its the acads which caused a B ding How a 5 percent in engineering makes a diff with the B people is beyond me.... but i guess its a elemination process... and thats a parameter as good as any.... now for once in my life i wish i had spent a little of those four years studying