Guidance needed on courses

4 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hi I am a BE(CS) graduate and have a cumulative work experience of 2 years now. (1.5 years as a Software Engineer after which I switched to a Quality Analyst role). I would like to do an M.S through distance education before I do my MBA fr...
Page 1 of 1
Thanks for your reply.

actually what I wanted was a management related MS like Quality management and not a technical one,,The course is pretty good(DLP - Collaborative Programmes). I wanted to know if courses like this will help towards my MBA and also if there are any other places which offer similar degrees

IMHO they will not help in future if you are planning FT-MBA and a career in management. concentrate on your work and general reading.
If you are interested do domain oriented courses in finace/insurance/marketing etc which supplements MBA.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
MSJ
@MSJ  ·  0 karma

Thanks for your reply.

1. MS leads to tech career, MBA to management. if you are planning an MBA a year or so down u dont need to spend money and time on MS.
2. BITS is only tech MS thru distance mode.

actually what I wanted was a management related MS like Quality management and not a technical one,,The course is pretty good(DLP - Collaborative Programmes). I wanted to know if courses like this will help towards my MBA and also if there are any other places which offer similar degrees
Hi
I am a BE(CS) graduate and have a cumulative work experience of 2 years now. (1.5 years as a Software Engineer after which I switched to a Quality Analyst role).

I would like to do an M.S through distance education before I do my MBA from a good B-school
My question:
- Are there any schools that offer management related MS(like Quality or Consulatancy management). I know only of Bits Pilani.
- Are these courses any good and will they help towards my MBA?
- Or do you think some certificate/diploma programme in management like the one offered by Symbiosis will be more helpful.

Thanks!:)

1. MS leads to tech career, MBA to management. if you are planning an MBA a year or so down u dont need to spend money and time on MS.
2. BITS is only tech MS thru distance mode.
3. ICFAI offers management MS in finance, banking etc which can add value to MBA career/program. curriculum is rigorous and u need to put effort.
4. Symbi certificates/diplomas may not help if u are planning to do full time MBA afterwards as everything will be covered anyway in MBA electives.
5. Look for domain focussed certifications e.g. NCFM for finance career and so on depending on post MBA career focus.

Hi
I am a BE(CS) graduate and have a cumulative work experience of 2 years now. (1.5 years as a Software Engineer after which I switched to a Quality Analyst role).

I would like to do an M.S through distance education before I do my MBA from a good B-school
My question:
- Are there any schools that offer management related MS(like Quality or Consulatancy management). I know only of Bits Pilani.
- Are these courses any good and will they help towards my MBA?
- Or do you think some certificate/diploma programme in management like the one offered by Symbiosis will be more helpful.

Thanks!:)