Guidance Needed

6 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Guys, I am a new mwmber and this is my first post on pagaluguy. I am 19 years old and am pursuing a course in Computer Engineering at Thadomal College,Mumbai. I aspire to be an entrepreneur in IT industry and i have set this as my ultim...
Page 1 of 1
Guys,

I am a new mwmber and this is my first post on pagaluguy. I am 19 years old and am pursuing a course in Computer Engineering at Thadomal College,Mumbai.

I aspire to be an entrepreneur in IT industry and i have set this as my ultimate goal.

Now I have three options..
1>> Do MBA.
2>> Do MS and then do MBA.
3>> Do MIS.

I do not just want to do MS as I want to add that commercial facet in me. I also do not know how good is MIS. I am confused and i need a guiding light.

I hope u all can help me with ur experience.

Thanks,

Vishal Gosalia

hi vishal..welcome to pg...why dont you post on the thread introduce yourself.....there you will have more people answering your queries and showing you the guiding light like you said...

the link is
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/introduce-yourself-25000006
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
catapult
@catapult  ·  1,270 karma
Guys,

I am a new mwmber and this is my first post on pagaluguy. I am 19 years old and am pursuing a course in Computer Engineering at Thadomal College,Mumbai.

I aspire to be an entrepreneur in IT industry and i have set this as my ultimate goal.

1>> Do MBA.
3>> Do MIS.

I do not just want to do MS as I want to add that commercial facet in me. I also do not know how good is MIS. I am confused and i need a guiding light.

Thanks,

Vishal Gosalia

Anything we suggest here may not really help you. Give things some time and I'm sure you can figure it out yourself ..your interests might change bigtime in 2 yrs when u graduate...So hang in there...

At this point of time...MBA/MS/MIS might look the same to you...and anything we tell you may be biased

Vishal Gosalia Says
Arre but then I have to give GRE and all na.. so if I know that I am not doing MS then no point in giving the exam.. then i can opt for GMAT ot CAT..

why do u think ur not doing MS,
if you feel that u will have relevant knowledge in the computer world (atleast of programming) just by going for the 4 years of engineering, then ur totally wrong.
what they teach u is just basics.
if u had the passion for programming or computer technology then its fine,
otherwise u need MS to specialize in the field ur looking at.
MBA is the next step if u want to be an entrepreneur.
i dont think anyone can help u in deciding on what u wanna do, so that tough choice has to be done by u.

regards,
bharath

Arre but then I have to give GRE and all na.. so if I know that I am not doing MS then no point in giving the exam.. then i can opt for GMAT ot CAT..

Guys,

1>> Do MBA.
3>> Do MIS.

Thanks,

Vishal Gosalia

Dude, you are just 19, dont u think it a bit early ??

Well anyways welcome to PaGaLGuY. Try the search option:
http://www.pagalguy.com/search.php

Dont open new threads without searching 😃

Guys,

1>> Do MBA.
3>> Do MIS.

Thanks,

Vishal Gosalia