guidance in financial firm

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
I have some queries about the job in financial company. I have listed them in points below and be thankful to you if you reply them. 1. is it difficult to switch from electronic engg to finance 2. do we need very good knowledge of software languag...
Page 1 of 1
I have some queries about the job in financial company. I have listed them in points below and be thankful to you if you reply them. 1. is it difficult to switch from electronic engg to finance

Nothing is impossible, you might change tracks anytime, however to gain something, you might have to sacrifice few things. Primarily your work exp that you have in tech organization, in case you shift to finance, you will be starting from cube zero, will be treated as a junior analyst - and in these market conditions, when big financial institutions are on firing mode, it becomes even more difficult.

2. do we need very good knowledge of software language like C, C++, etc

There are so many in financial institutions who have very little tech knowledge, however they understand the business well and know what could drive profits for the organization. It is not required that you know these languages, but if you already have good knowledge, it will definitely give you an edge over other people, sometime during your career.

3. do i need to do some preliminary courses in finance. if yes which are they and from where 4. irrespective of my likes can you suggest a field in which i can go

There are so many financial courses, some of them have big threads running on this forum. You might also want to look at the course structure of these programs, if you are comfortable with really changing your track to finance.

5. is really tough for an engg to accustom to finance company 6. wht is the job profile i mean wht we actually do in a company like LEHMAN

Lehman is among the big brokerages in the US, however it has various other line of businesses. In India Lehman dosent have trading desk, they however have backoffices which could be a starting point before you actually do your MBA or any other specialization which will help you shaping your career in right direction.

Cheers,
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I have some queries about the job in financial company. I have listed them in points below and be thankful to you if you reply them. 1. is it difficult to switch from electronic engg to finance 2. do we need very good knowledge of software language like C, C++, etc 3. do i need to do some preliminary courses in finance. if yes which are they and from where 4. irrespective of my likes can you suggest a field in which i can go 5. is really tough for an engg to accustom to finance company 6. wht is the job profile i mean wht we actually do in a company like LEHMAN

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.