Growing frustration among IT professionals in India!

206 Posts  ·  105 Users
About this group
Aha!! A thread for the "over-hyped" IT professionals of India, many of them are on PaGaLGuY.com :: Everyday I see many of my colleagues and friends in any software company talking in a similar tone and language -> "IT/Software $ucks". They ...
Page 1 of 21
Please continue the story here

Its been 4 months since the last post

Noone is frustrated anymore ???

I think being frustrated with an IT(service) company is the mistake of an individual rather than the type of work in the organization.

the Indian IT(Service) companies have a very simple goal "transform the business of clients, by bringing information technology into their operations" what this simply means is that the IT companies will be involved in more of support and enhancement related work. so for someone who expects hardcore programming, you will bound to be disappointed.

any person who joins should try to learn the kind of work that is there in the IT company and see if he/she would fit in there. if the work would keep him/her motivated for a long time. but most people don't do that. the easy selection process and the glamorous life of an IT company attracts them and once this honeymoon period ends, people begin to complain.

as long as you love what you are doing, spending 14 hours a day working your bottoms off shldnt be an issue at all. researchers who win Nobel or people passionate about their work, do so for extended periods of time. no body complains as they love what they do.

if you dont like what you do, then its not because of the work. its just because you are uninterested in the work or you are way too good for it. either ways, no point being frustrated with the profession.

Bharath
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Please continue the story here

Its been 4 months since the last post

Noone is frustrated anymore ???

I guess IT cos are back in action. They have started hiring. Some of them are even looking for freshers.

Hi,
I believe that the IT industry has settling down after the big initial boom after the emergence of IT sector.Now the times are changing competition is tough, margins are low, the service side It related activities are not that interesting and most importantly the package of IT professionals is not great compared to other sectors. In fact after the 6th pay commission the package advange is also lost when compared to any PSU job.

All in all its curry for the not so satisfied professionals.

:nono::nono::nono:

Yes IT is,IT guys r frustrated ....not simply becoz of pink slips..!! check below

) workz alloted @ 17:59 IST , just one minute before we leave..!!

) permission for tea breaks!!

) if a thing can be done more efficiently, n if u suggest that , it becomes inefficient

) saturdays n sundays ..err..umm .wat r they ?

) PM is the king , Queen , wateva

n many more :huh:

Sumday i will stop thiz dictatorship, only way EMM BEE YEA

Howz the scene of frustration now after salary cuts, lay offs in IT sector?

Any latest inputs from the industry esp. on this Friday evening which is generally celebrated in IT companies by forwarding childish emails on "happieeee weekendddd"? 😐

IT services may see over 1 lakh job cutsApril 27, 2009 15:07 IST
Last Updated: April 27, 2009 15:53 IST

Dude..every post of yours that have I read, happens to be about bad economy, job cuts and all the negative stuff. We all know how bad the scene is but why post same things over and over again..
I dont mean any offense but either dont post such things or please post something positive for a change..
cheers!
IT services may see over 1 lakh job cutsApril 27, 2009 15:07 IST
Last Updated: April 27, 2009 15:53 IST
The Indian IT services sector may see up to five per cent layoffs - amounting to more than one lakh job cuts - over the next six months as companies focus more on cost-cutting due to persisting weakness in global demand, experts say. Companies may reduce workforce in this fiscal, mostly based on stringent performance criteria, experts added.
"We expect the knowledge industry (IT) to see 3-5 per cent non-voluntary exits in the first two quarters of the financial year mainly in senior and middle levels," P Thiruvengadam, senior director (Management Consultancy Services), Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu told PTI.
Given the fact that more than 22 lakh people work in the IT industry, five per cent non-voluntary exits would mean more than one lakh employees being shown the door by September.
Nasscom estimates more than 22 lakh people were working in the Indian IT-BPO sector in FY2009 (till February), while indirect job creation is estimated at about eight million.
C S Venkata Ratnam, director, International Management Institute (IMI) said, "The IT sector is better off but it may see up to 4-5 per cent job losses in the first two quarters of this fiscal."

The global financial turmoil has also hit the country's other export-related sectors including textiles and some unorganised industries like auto ancillaries, Venkata Ratnam said.
Besides, IT services (including engineering services, R&D;, software products) exports, BPO exports and the domestic IT industry provide direct employment to 9,47,000, 7,90,000 and 5,00,000 people, respectively, Nasscom says.
The next 5-6 months would be critical for companies in deciding on job cuts. At present, layoffs are very few and more companies have frozen hiring to tackle the economic slowdown, Thiruvengadam said.
Last week, third-largest software exporter Wipro Get Quote] said it would freeze salary hikes and is uncertain about campus recruitment.
Further, as per government data, over one lakh people lost jobs in the export sector due to the global downturn.
Asked about what strategy they are advising, experts said adopting a wait-and-watch policy and a mature outlook would be the best policy.
"If professionals aim towards multi-skilling and put in extra efforts to dabble in other areas of work as well, they stand a chance of becoming indispensable to their companies," Thiruvengadam said.

Hey I am also from IT background and i used to slog for around 12-14 hours a day...but to tell you the truth the situation is same across other fields too...my brother who is in a marketing company slogs more hours than me on any given day...I guess it is the lifestyle of the IT/ITES comanies which causes these ailments...like the BPO jobs have their erratic hours and the service based companies, there is no form of exercise which happens...this might be contributor but these things can be taken care of with proper exercises and consultation with doctors...and lastly for metal stress..it is there in every field...

50% of IT staff unwell: Study- ITeS-Infotech-The Economic Times

50% of IT staff unwell: Study

7 Apr 2009, 0118 hrs IST, IANS

Print EMail Discuss Share Save CommentText:

NEW DELHI: More than half of corporate India's workforce suffers from various chronic and lifestyle diseases, with those in the information technology (IT) and IT-enabled services (ITeS), media, knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) and financial services topping the list, says an industry group report.

A study by the Associated Chambers of commerce and Industry of India (Assocham), said 54% of the workforce in the IT and ITeS sectors were afflicted with depression, severe headaches, obesity, chronic backache, spondylosis, diabetes and hypertension.

It said of them, 23% suffered from spondylosis, 20% from sleeping disorder and 18 percent from obesity. Other ailments were depression (16%), fatigue (13%) and high blood pressure (9%). "Corporate employees have to survive the stiff global competitive environment to save their jobs, which affects their health," said Assocham secretary general D S Rawat.