Great lakes vs IMT-G

6 Posts  ·  24 Users
About this group
Hi guys, I am in a bigtime confusion. I am an engineer from NSIT Delhi, and have a work experience of 2.5 years in Deloitte consulting. I have got two options in my kitty this time round, one is great lakes, chennai. The other is IMT-G(...
Page 1 of 1

Please refrain from comparing colleges on PG..!! For understanding of views of Puys here PG has the PagalGuy rankings..!! Also you may visit the threads of each college to know more from your perspective..!!

Its a sin to compare colleges..!!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Even ISB Hyderabad gives a PGP..... and both its long term and short term results are for all to see.... The point is that PGP or PGDM, both of them are MBA equivalent courses. Autonomous institutes can give either of the two. However MBA degree as such can be awarded only by colleges that lie under the university grants commision. For eg. colleges that come under the SIU. As the IIMs provide PGDM people are more aware about it.

Adding to the confusion is the fact that GLIM is a certificate course however IMT ghaziabad gives a diploma and hence its value in long term...

Even in great lakes the number of seats this year will most probably be 360 and not 300. Though this rise is insignificant when compared to 600, but still it increases the burden on the placement cell...

IMT-G has now 600 seats, including the 180 of DCP program. Also it is known for marketing, so choose wisely.:)

“Sometimes things have to go wrong in order to go right.”

Hi guys,
I am in a bigtime confusion.
I am an engineer from NSIT Delhi, and have a work experience of 2.5 years in Deloitte consulting.

I have got two options in my kitty this time round, one is great lakes, chennai.
The other is IMT-G(awating final call, positive)
I would like all your help in deciding where to go.

For your info:
Fees: IMT(11 L last time), GLIM(14L)
Placements: IMT(max 15lpa domestic, 26lpa intnl, avg 8.7lpa), GLIM(28 intnl, avg 9.5lpa)
Course duration:IMT(2 years), GLIM(1 yr)

Alumni base: IMT(over 30 years of alumni links), GLIM(over 8 years)

Strength of batch: IMT(300), GLIM(300)

Guys,
I want to get placed in a nice marketing firm, as far as I have heard great lakes specializes in IT consulting company placements, whereas IMT gives overall placements.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I really need help in deciding where to go.