Great Lakes Institute of Management Class of 2012

3,306 Posts  ·  478 Users
About this group
Hi All, I am Indraneel and I am a current GLadiator Class of 2011 student at Great Lakes. To all those who want to more about Great Lakes and want to participate in the admission process for 2012, do use this forum. To all people wh...
Page 1 of 331
Parthipen Says
Its time for someone to start a new thread for next year`s admissions...... Hope the moderators take note

Please continue here:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/great-lakes-institute-of-management-class-of-2013-25066138/2718794

Thread closed.
Captain, PG Dream Team 2010 | CAT 11 - 100%ile | CET 10 - Rank 1 (211/240) | Co-founder Learningroots
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi all.
I am satish. finished my B-tech(2010) n joined tcs. I wana do mba in great lakes. can any body help me out in knowing wat all the institute will look for in an applicant and wat about work exp? N wat kind of achievements dat 1 shud have ,to be taken by the institute?
I wud be glad if ny1 help me out.
Thank you

Its time for someone to start a new thread for next year`s admissions...... Hope the moderators take note
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all.
I am satish. finished my B-tech(2010) n joined tcs. I wana do mba in great lakes. can any body help me out in knowing wat all the institute will look for in an applicant and wat about work exp? N wat kind of achievements dat 1 shud have ,to be taken by the institute?
I wud be glad if ny1 help me out.
Thank you

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Moderators,

Please let the thread be open for another 15 days...It will help people like me to track the refund process..

Great lakes had already delayed the refund process by 15-20 days.. This is the only platform where the dropouts can check the updated from other dropouts

Thanks,
Vipul

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Prodigious Says
Has anyone got the refund for the fee submitted?

I am also waiting for the same..I called up admission office. they are saying they have started the process from 2nd May and we ll receive the amount till 10th may at max
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Has anyone got the refund for the fee submitted?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Moderators,

The admission to the Class of 2012 is over and the classes have commenced. I guess the thread has served its purpose. I request you to close the thread.

Dear participants, thank you for visiting the Great Lakes Class of 2012 thread and allowing us to share information about the school while resolving your queries. I must admit that people here have been very patient and very supportive.

Special thanks to Binoy Cherian (capsule) for managing a large part of the thread with great dedication and gusto. Spartans here's wishing each one of you all the best.

To the ones who have not made it this time, there must be something good or probably much better in store for prodigious minds such as you. All the very best.

I hope that we have been able to cater to as many as we humanely could.
This is Indraneel Mukherjee signing off from the Great Lakes thread. Hope you have a great career and a great life!!!

Thank you,
Indraneel Mukherjee,
MBA, Class of 2011
Great Lakes Institute of Management
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello Everyone (Batch 2011-12),

After all the rejects, I am planning to join GLIM 2011-12 this weekend (1st May). So I got 2 days to resign and get released from MAJOR project (God help me!!)... N 2 days on the weekend to fly to Chennai with all I have.

My future friends who are already there - please help me getting ready for Great Lakes.

1. What about bed, mattress, pillows etc. (sleep is very important for me)
2. Do you guys study on weekends? Since I am leaving in rush, and have a cousin's wedding in June to attrnd - is tht possible? I am totally homesick (just returned from US) - is weekend trips home possible?
3. What else should I bring - laptop, documents (resignation letter, fees, certificates) clothes...thst it? N myself...
4. Where do you get books from? Is stationary available around? Cn I bring smthgn form Delhi?
5. How to reach Great Lakes from airport - heard its 50km n i dont know tamil...!

Any help is much appreciated...

1.Bed is available, you got to bring your own mattress and pillow. Alternatively the same can be bought from the utility store which is inside the campus istself.
2.Its a 365 day program and yes there is no concept of weekends, we will be occupied most of the time 😃 So weekend trips wont be possible.
3.That should suffice. Most of the other things are available in the utility store.
4.Books are given by the college when you join. If you want to bring anything, you can bring no issues.
5.You can get the call taxis from Chennai Airport. Book it through the airport counter and do not go directly to the taxi guys,they charge exorbitant rates, go through the counter alone.

Hope i have answered all your questions.

Regards
Ganesh
A Spartan 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
alabt12 Says
Brother...are you wiating for XIMB waitlist convert..???Why wud you wanna leave the course midway...

I am still awaiting IIMI and SPJ(nth list - jst in case :D)... Do you know about Great Lakes refund policy, after sessions starts? It jst turned AICTE approved and that should make refund easier....

BTW its "Sister" ... 😉
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...