Great Lakes Admissions 2009

2,753 Posts  ·  477 Users
About this group
Hi All, I am starting a new thread for Great Lakes Admissions 2009 - 2010. This will help streamline the admission queries to a single thread in the long run. *I have spoken to the moderator 'rmbt' regarding this and he has given the go ahead...
Page 1 of 276
Silverwing Says
We have requested for the thread- (Great Lakes, Chennai Admissions 2009) to be closed and a new thread - (Great Lakes, Chennai Admissions 2010) has been started for answering the queries pertaining to the admission for the next batch.Please post your queries in the new thread.

Request the moderators to kindly close this thread as we have started the fresh thread for year 2010 and all queries will be answered on that thread.
The new thread is located at :
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/great-lakes-chennai-admissions-2010-25041299
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

We have requested for the thread- (Great Lakes, Chennai Admissions 2009) to be closed and a new thread - (Great Lakes, Chennai Admissions 2010) has been started for answering the queries pertaining to the admission for the next batch.Please post your queries in the new thread.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Great laker,

Request you to please evaluate my profile for admission to Great lakes in the forthcoming admission cycle. I am an Indian IT Male , with 4 years of work experience. I am a bit concerned about my GMAT score, which is not too good for the Indian IT Male. Can you please comment on whether i should go ahead with the application or retake the GMAT and then apply?

My detailed profile is as below.

* Class Xth : 85%
* Class XII th: 88%
* B.E - 2005 batch (Information Technology)
* Extracurriculars: Average
* Work-Ex- 4 years in SAP by September 2009 (out of which 1 Year International Exposure).
* GMAT: 680 (AWA 5.0)

Also, I am currently based in the UK. So, request you to please advise if a telephonic interview is possible if i am shortlisted for the interview.

Appreciate your kind inputs and awaiting a kind reply.

Best Regards,
Raghav.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
Great Lakes would require some proof of your work experience, so I do not think there is much that can be done about the 2 years. However, I strongly believe that 7 years of work experience is really good and the 2 years will have neglible impact on the over profile. Once you complete your PGP from Great Lakes, you will for sure not go into a hard core it job. However the position, would depend your specialization which will come later during the course.
Your family can accompany you, we have a residential block for married people. I have PM'd you my id. Please write if you have any more queries.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am an MBA aspirant having more than 9 years of work experience in the software industry as a software engineer. My present CTC is quite high and am working in my home town kolkata. I am working since March 2000 but the first two years were mainly spent in on-job training . So will those years be included in my experience calculation. I should also inform here that I cannot manage to get any document of proof for these two years since those organizations no longer exist now. I aspire for MBA mainly to get into man management. I am looking for such positions where I can use my tech know-how for man management. I just got frustrated with these hard-core "techie" jobs. Hence, will PGP from GL can help me in this regard? Moreover if at all it is so, can my daughter, who is 4 months old now, accompany me with her mother of course, while I stay at your campus ? Also can anybody provide me with any mail-id of concerned GL persons to whom I can shoot this mail?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thank You Great Laker 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Abhinav,
Appreciate the frankness in your posts!! The educational gap of 3 years is a concern, however Great Lakes evaluates its students on the GMAT/CAT score, academics, GD/PI experiences, essays and work experience.
Thus being not good on one parameter will not eliminate you from getting shortlisted. If you can write your essays well and get a CAT/GMAT score of 710+, you can higher your chances of getting shortlisted. Once shortlisted, you will have to convince the interviewer that that was just a bad phase and the only way you are going to go is up!!
So, All the best and give it your best shot!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Great Laker,

Thanks for you prompt reply.
May i know if my 3 GAP years in education will affect my chances. If it will can you please advise how can i compensate that now , yes i understand i cant go back to those years however everyone should get a second chance.

Thanks,
Abhinaw

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi thrust,
Great Lakes does not offered deferred admits as of now, though we plan to implement it soon. Request to apply this year. All the best!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Sourabh,
You have a good work profile backed my good extra curriculars. However, your GMAT score is on the lower side, as the present batch's median score is 690.
I would also like to mention that Great Lakes does not evaluate students on the GMAT score alone. It takes into account your work experience, extra curriiculars, CAT/GMAT score. academics and performance in GD/PI.So a lower GMAT score will not eliminate you...But higher GMAT score will give you a edge over the others. Do post for any other clarification

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...