GREAT LAKES 2010-11 GD.PI prep

217 Posts  ·  73 Users
About this group
HI ALL.... We can discuss the GD.PI prep for Great Lakes and seniors can help us with their experiences
Page 1 of 22

I see very few ppl posting there GD/PI interviews...I take the liberty to request all puys who have had their GD/PI to post their exp. here so that next batch aspirants can gain from it....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi R2R,

It was nice to meet you during the GD/PI on Sunday.

-Shiva

Hey Shiva... yup it was great meetin all of you (som, avijit, meha n others and not to forget the 'mod' of 'our' GD :)... )
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hello everybody...
posting my GD/PI exp that was on 28th afternoon at 1pm... I know probably ours was the last batch hence this post may not be of much use to others... but still if at all the Adcom comes wit a new List based in cat score it might turn out to give some insights...
Doc verfication started only at around 2:45pm.. after this again waiting for the GD for some half n hour...
GD:
7 in the group... no caselet...
topic: Success is al abt human relationsips...
3 of us started with supporting the topic, then the mod interrupted and few to speak against... but almost everybody had prepared their points to say 'for' the topic, so when pinpointed and asked to speak against the topic few of them were taken aback... but still they managed to perform well.... at times the GD was tendin towards a fish market but then mod used to interfere and give another aspect on the topic...
In the end few were asked to summarise...
the GD asted for around 15-20 min... an average performance from my side...
then came the waiting for PE another 30min to 1 hr....
PI: 2 member panel... one from industry(p1) and another faculty(p2)...
m jsut posting the questions asked... since almost all of them were specific to my profile.. wont be of much use to others...
p2: asked my name
p2: tell me abt the vertical ur company
p2: ur individual scores in XAT(applied thru that)
p2: asked why so inconsistent(go just 60 in Quant)
p2: then he told abt CAT 09 scores being out and asked how did i perform in that
p2: why MBA
p2: why now
p2: why u planning to quit ur job since u are doing pretty well in your life
p2: which field and why
all this while p1 is just looking seriously at me without giving any sort of expressions...
now comes the turn of p1
i told i want to change to finance
p1: whats ur portfolio size and the reutrns u are getting
p1: grilled me on that..
p1: then abt the essays that i mentioned...
p1: started grilling me from the ethical point of view... p2 is smiling nicely...
it was abt using the office resources like landline and the internet services for my personal research work...(around 8 min on this)
i posed a question for him putting him in a situation and he answered very calmly..
finally had to accept that i was unethical in this aspect....
p1: abt another essay of mine...(8-10 min on this alone)
p2: entire details abt how the wat i had written
p1:future plans...
thats it... all in it think it was an okie performance from my end.... dunno what the panel thot abt it... duration was 20-25 min.... mainly concentrating on what i had written in my essays...
was done with the process by around 5.40... came out met current batch students n other aspirants, had a tea, chatted for some time and then back to home...
a very well managed process... Great lakes team did a great job....:)

Hi R2R,

It was nice to meet you during the GD/PI on Sunday.

-Shiva
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

PAC----U did really well. Read my post and ul feel so good trust me 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Disclaimer: A lenthy post....
Hi 2 all,

I had my GD/PI on 27th Feb....I know I am late in posting my exp..Bt better late than never....

My slot was 8:30 at Royal Orchid, b'lore.

Documents were verified and at around 10:30 went for GD(8 members including me)...

Q. what was the GD topic....
Ans: There was no GD topic ...we had to decide on a topic speak about it and finally summarise...all in 30 minutes...
My experience: I initiated the topic discussion..then in 5 minutes reached a so-called consensus on topic "Problems in Bangalore"...As the topic was very general so everybody spoke...even I spoke well...got into the discussion 4-5 times.....But here we made a blunder...we didnt pay attention on time and The mods asked us to stop after 30 minutes....So now what was the blunder...that was:- WE COULD NOT CONCLUDE...and the mods explicitely mentioned that...:splat:

Then after 30 minutes, I was called in for PI...Now before narrating my PI experience...I will narrate a small 2-min(may be useless) event...
Here it goes:
I was waiting to get in to the PI room when one guy(G1) came and stood beside me..I was looking out of the glass window and so was he...

Suddenly he asked..
1. Where are you from?
2. Are you working?
3. Where are you working..

I answered politely and they he went away...

After 2 mins I was called for PI...

Opened the door and asked for their permission to get in...Got in and was asked to take seat immediately...

Now here goes my PI exp...

There were 3 ppl in the panel...1 in late 30's(G1 - did u notice one thing...I have mentioned this guy as G1...Yes you r rite...he was the same person who askd me a couple of questions and vanished when I was waiting for my PI outside the room :shocked: :shocked:) and other 2 in late 40's or early 50's...(would refer to them as G2 and G3 )..Moi as M.

G1: Tell me about yourslf...
M: Gave a well organised answer when G2 interrupted....
G2:Most of the things tat u r telling is there in the form rite??
M:(I thought telling him tat the question was tell me about yourself nd nt tell m about yourself that is not there in ur CV but my answer was) Yes Sir...Most of it...
G3: Where does your father work..
M: answered
G1: Wht is his designation...
M: Answered (My father works in PTI so he became curious to know I guess)
G3: R u this serious always???
M:(taken aback!!!) No sir...I am a jolly person...
G3: Have u written any other exam other than Great?
M: Yes Sir CAT09 nd XAT10
G3: your %tile in XAT
M: answrd..he noted down with sectional breakups...
G2: Why there is a decline in %age from 10th 2 12th...
M: fundaaaaaa........
G3: what is ur semester %age(all 8 sem)
M: answered

G1: which field r u interested in?
M: marketing..related to the work I ws doing..
G2: why nt continue this yr in work as I was promoted recently(I m hvng 2.5yrs of exp)...and come back next year...
M: fundaaaa....
G2: Why dnt you try for mass comm.
M: (I 1st wondered y he asked ths question bt..)funda...
G2: Why nt MICA??
M: asnwered...
G1: You are funding your sis studies...If u join MBA hw will u manage that??
M:(Knew they would ask me this ques as this was natural..) gave a genuine answer..Actually by this asnwer I also answered why 1 yr MBA nd nt 2yr...
G2: How will you pay your fees...errr...ohh okkk...you have mentioned that you will take bank loan...
M: Yes sir...
G3: What is your understanding of marketing and sales...
M: started answering..G3 frowned for a sec bt returned to normal exp. and listened my whole explaination...
G1: ok....any questions u want 2 ask us.....
M: As most of the info. is available on site and whatever questions I had were cleared my DP and company...
G3: You know DP...
M: yes..bt through pagal guy only...he is a nice guy...
G3: Is he a present student..
M: (stuttered for a sec) He is from the batch of patriots....G3 nodded..
Finally....thanks giving all round....Got up to leave...
Suddenly G3 got up a little bit from chair(semi standing or semi-sitting position..watever u my call that) and shook hands with me and wished me ATB....
G1 followed and shook hands...G2 was busy noting down something and didnt bother to look up...Finally I said a final thanks to all..and stated walking out..
Suddenly G3 asked...Why do u wear so many rings(I was wearing just 2)...fundaa....
G3: No...I mean to ask what is the purpose behind those rings...For one I answered and for the other I said I am not sure...

Finally came out of the room...Wished all others good luck(made friends very soon there)...I have good networking skills I guess...
Few silient features:
PI was of 20 mins approx...

No questions on why GLIM,no Gk,no budget,no STP and 4 P's of marketing among the notable ommisions...:shock: :shock:

Overall my impression:
GD: I was gud I guess...an above average relative performance I would say...

PI: was confused what shall I make out of my PI...still confused ..Experts comments are welcome by anyone and everyone on my PI performance...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
r2r
@r2r  ·  0 karma

Double post

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
r2r
@r2r  ·  0 karma
hello everybody...

posting my GD/PI exp that was on 28th afternoon at 1pm... I know probably ours was the last batch hence this post may not be of much use to others... but still if at all the Adcom comes wit a new List based in cat score it might turn out to give some insights...

Doc verfication started only at around 2:45pm.. after this again waiting for the GD for some half n hour...

GD:
7 in the group... no caselet...
topic: Success is al abt human relationsips...
3 of us started with supporting the topic, then the mod interrupted and few to speak against... but almost everybody had prepared their points to say 'for' the topic, so when pinpointed and asked to speak against the topic few of them were taken aback... but still they managed to perform well.... at times the GD was tendin towards a fish market but then mod used to interfere and give another aspect on the topic...

In the end few were asked to summarise...
the GD asted for around 15-20 min... an average performance from my side...

then came the waiting for PE another 30min to 1 hr....

PI: 2 member panel... one from industry(p1) and another faculty(p2)...

m jsut posting the questions asked... since almost all of them were specific to my profile.. wont be of much use to others...

p2: asked my name
p2: tell me abt the vertical ur company
p2: ur individual scores in XAT(applied thru that)
p2: asked why so inconsistent(go just 60 in Quant)
p2: then he told abt CAT 09 scores being out and asked how did i perform in that
p2: why MBA
p2: why now
p2: why u planning to quit ur job since u are doing pretty well in your life
p2: which field and why

all this while p1 is just looking seriously at me without giving any sort of expressions...

now comes the turn of p1
i told i want to change to finance

p1: whats ur portfolio size and the reutrns u are getting
p1: grilled me on that..
p1: then abt the essays that i mentioned...
p1: started grilling me from the ethical point of view... p2 is smiling nicely...
it was abt using the office resources like landline and the internet services for my personal research work...(around 8 min on this)

i posed a question for him putting him in a situation and he answered very calmly..
finally had to accept that i was unethical in this aspect....

p1: abt another essay of mine...(8-10 min on this alone)
p2: entire details abt how the wat i had written
p1:future plans...

thats it... all in it think it was an okie performance from my end.... dunno what the panel thot abt it... duration was 20-25 min.... mainly concentrating on what i had written in my essays...

was done with the process by around 5.40... came out met current batch students n other aspirants, had a tea, chatted for some time and then back to home...

a very well managed process... Great lakes team did a great job....:)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Bunkr

Can you please confirm the fees for this yr.
is 11.5 or 14 :O

11.5 lakhs + extra for couple accommodation. Laptop charge is extra for the cost of laptop if you do not bring your own laptop..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

had my gd pi today morning in mumbai...everything was very well managed.....hats off to Great Lakes Students.....just reached pune.....will post the details after some time

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Chennai, 27-Feb, 1:00 Interview slot

I'm done with my interview today.

GD topic was about POYOTA - the company POYOTA found that there is some manufacturing defect. For them to rectify the problem in all of the cars, it costs much than just keep quiet and pay for the damages to the ppl using them.

GD was very cool, every one got a decent chance to talk.

PI:

I was asked about my name and where did I come from.
I told them that I'm from Andhra Pradesh - thatz it
They have started asking about Telangana, Rayalaseema, Andhra, etc etc.
After that they have asked me about my long term and short term goals, etc etc....

over all, it was a decent one.. no stress, nothing..

So, junta, just enjy ur GD/PI and relax!

Letz wait for the results (which will be declared on Mar

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...