Grand International heritage celebrations marked the conclusive day of 4th annual festival’One World’ at LPU

10 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group

Do you think such activities helps in spreading world peace?

Page 1 of 1

Some accreditations and achievements of Mittal school of business

Accreditation: School of Business has been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) of USA for its Management, Commerce and Economics programmes. Ranking: School is ranked No. 2 in India in Outreach and Inclusivity and 49th overall in the prestigious NIRF 2020 ranking released by The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Diversity: School has students from all states of the country and more than 500 students from all over the world. Live Projects & Consultancy: students have collaborated with various companies for their Live Projects such as Himalaya wellness, Bonn biscuits, Sony, Colgate, ModernFood, Capgemini, Oyo Rooms, Decathalon, Big Bazzar, Godrej, Lyoness, EduIsFun, Republic Motors, Facebook, Sitaby, Cloud Buy, Training Wizards, Design Lounge etc. Entrepreneurship Projects: Students have opportunity to earn while learn by entering into entrepreneurship projects
Industry delivered certifications : Opportunity is provided for pursuing industry delivered Certificate like Digital Marketing, Six Sigma Green Belt, Financial Modeling, NCFM, NCCMP, LEAP
Cutting Edge Courses in Workshop Mode for Hands-on Experience
Experiential Learning Activities & Business Games
Innovative Pedagogy
Community Development Projects
Co-Curricular & Extra Curricular Activities: Students participate in events like Company Day, ET Quiz, ICICI Stock Mind, IDFC Macropoly, Hunt for Brand Managers, etc. External Competitions
Close Interface with the Corporate World
Placements: 200+ Campus placement drives with reputed brands ere held for 2019 passing out batch. In today highly competitive environment, students continue to stand out to the employers. Students are placed in the best brands like Amazon, Federal bank, Delivery, Asian Paints, Berger Paint, Bajaj Electrical, Colgate Palmolive, Federal Bank, HUL, ITC, Loreal, Marico, MRF, Vodafone to name a few. Vast infra structure and faculty strength allows LPU to follow covid regulations properly. Browse the website of LPU to check the academic excellence offered. Choose wisely 

Educator, Counselor, Life coach, Public speaker
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Olu1
@Olu1  ·  16 karma

How big is lpu

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How big is the LPU campus ?

1 comment
Ritu.Pandey
@Ritu.PandeyLPU Jalandhar  ·  9 karma

@Aanchal07 LPU's campus is 600 acres big. Apart from the buildings of the various education blocks, LPU is having 3 different auditoriums, mall, hospital, residential buildings, indoor stadium, museum, etc for the students. Also, LPU consists of 30000+ students and 4000+ faculties.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How can i manage to participate in the activities without compromising on the studies?

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
Dharamveer011080
@Dharamveer011080  ·  9 karma

Studies are never compromised at LPU. If you are participating in any co-curricular activity then LPU ensures that these activities are held after the teaching hours i.e. after 5 PM. Still if there is any activity like inter-university events, so LPU provides duty leaves for that Most of the activities, events and competitions are planned in LPU by considering the studies of the students so there will be no compromise as such. On the other hand there is LPU touch app where study material is being uploaded by teachers to help the students adding to it the faculties are way cooperative so you can make your queries solved by disscusing with them in the tutorial classes specially alloted for class activities and doubt clearing sessions. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Ashish_Preenja
@Ashish_Preenja  ·  0 karma

If you are participating in any co-curricular activity then LPU ensures that these activities are held after the teaching hours i.e. after 5 PM. Still if there is any activity like inter-university events, so LPU provides duty leaves for that Most of the activities, events and competitions are planned in LPU by considering the studies of the students so there will be no compromise as such. On the other hand there is LPU touch app where study material is being uploaded by teachers to help the students adding to it the faculties are way cooperative so you can make your queries solved by disscusing with them in the tutorial classes specially alloted for class activities and doubt clearing sessions.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Are duty leaves are provided to the students who participate in extra curricular activities ?

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
naiteek0511
@naiteek0511  ·  2 karma

@Aanchal07

I think I am eligible to answer this question.I did BBA-MBA from Lovely Professional University. LPU is helping me grow professionally and personally with its career-oriented programs and support.

As per my knowledge,You have to maintain minimum 80% of aggregate attendance in Lovely Professional University to seat in the exam.

Moreover, You can also earn some bonus marks on the bases that how good is your attendance percentage, there are different slabs for that.. In case you have good percentage i.e., 90%+ attendance in a particular subject, then you will get 5 marks extra in that subject and other slabs comprises 85-90% for 4 marks and 80-85% for 3 marks an so on. Believe me! These marks can save you from bad grades.

You can get duty leaves in case:-

• You have participated in any event organised by LPU.
  • Attended guest lectures and seminars.

For more information in detail,kindly visit university website,or call on University toll free number

Thank You!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Vibha.Gupta
@Vibha.Gupta  ·  0 karma

@Aanchal07 Yes duty lives are povided to the students who are paticipating/performing in the events or any extra-curricular activities. There is a department of Student welfare that organizes various events, voluntary activities etc.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the highest placement package for MBA ?

2 comments
naiteek0511
@naiteek0511  ·  2 karma

@Mehr07

Choosing where to study, and to which university you should go, is one of the most important decisions you will make.I was part of BBA-MBA course batch 2011–2016. So lets say like this our college life started when this University was quite young as it started in 2006. LPU is helping me grow professionally and personally with its career-oriented programs and support.

The Business School of LPU is accredited from (ACBSP) Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs from the USA ensuring quality education and industry experienced faculties, studying in LPU will get a degree accredited from a body of USA.LPU has recently Marked among Top 50 Best Management Institutes by NIRF ranking 2020. Also, LPU has won National Employability Award 2020.

As a general rule for placements, a lot more will depend upon your own hard work, communication & presentation skills and overall preparation. This would be true for any university you enroll in.

The placements are exemplary. Many of my known alumni are placed in very good and reputed companies in different cities and some are placed abroad also Industrial exposure is offered through in-house training programs. 100% Placements Of Eligible Students In MBA With Highest Offered Package Of Rs 21 LPA.The university organize many external workshops for their students. The package provided by on-campus jobs is also more than satisfactory. University environment is very much decent with technical security. They also organize regular interaction one-on-one sessions with experts where one can discuss their views and share their doubts and problems.

Lots of scholarships opportunities for deserving students, which will make pursuing an MBA at a very affordable cost.

They give you a very good amount of training before you go into campus placements. Try not to miss those classes they will help you in getting better placements, after all, all we need is a decent place with good exposure. I shouldn't even have to explain this one.

• Highest Package offered - 22 LPA
  • Impeccable placement records with more than 150 companies including ITC, Asian Paints, HDFC, Federal Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, Moody’s Analytics, WNS Global etc and so on recruiting MBA students on an yearly basis with highest package in MBA at 21 Lakh Per Annum and on a average package will be 4LPA TO 6 LPA with nearly 90 % placement rates.
  • The placements on an average for all the streams of management including Marketing and Sales, Finance, Operations, and HR.
  • LPU keeps improving and increasing it placements packages year on year. Even the number of recruiters visiting the campus increase every year.

LPU continuously going better and better with its focus on developing future leaders, who could drive change, whether as an assets to some global corporate giants or as an entrepreneur who create jobs for many. A large chunk of Alumni, of the Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University, are successfully pursuing a global careers in countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, to suggest a few.

Choose wisely where your want to study as it will be a key factor in determining your future. It was my point of view, my experience that I shared. Research for other universities too and find out which one suits you the best. LPU will provide you a lot of opportunity for placement it just that you have to grab it and go for it.

I hope this helps you.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Vibha.Gupta
@Vibha.Gupta  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07

Lovely Professional University is one of the largest support providers in student placements in the Northern India. Placements are administered by a team called Division of Career Services. This team aims to help students in obtaining relevant work experience to complement their academic studies and to develop appropriate skills and knowledge to be ready to work in tandem with best minds across industries. Campus placement at Lovely Professional University has always been a sought after event for the final year students. Division of Career Services sets up recruitment drives and job fairs on a regular basis. Apart from this, it also extends abundant facilities such as resume writing sessions, career advisory services, and aptitude development workshops to proffer better placement to the students. Industry leading companies, every year, come to Lovely Professional University to participate in recruitment drives.

Few Highlights

1. The Top Recruiters in the year 2019 were Microsoft, Amazon India, Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Ltd., Cognizant Technology Solutions, Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd., Federal Bank, Hindustan Uniliver Ltd., Synopsys India, Samsung Research Institute India, Virtusa, Verizon Data Services, TCS, CEAT, Flipkart, Havells, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Hitachi Consulting, Infineon Technologies, Kony, Nerolac Paints, P and O Cruise, Accor Hotels Group, The Oberois Group and many more......

2. Highest salary package offered for following programmes in the year 2019:-

· Management:- Rs. 19.75 lac per annum (SOBHA Developers)

3. 2500+ Offers (placement/internship) extended to LPU students by 20 of Fortune-500 companies like CTS, Amazon, IBM, Verizon, Xerox, HP, Tech Data, Samsung, Morgan Stanley, United Health Group, etc. over the past few years.

4. 2000+ LPU students pursuing successful careers abroad in different countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia etc.

5. LPU also makes efforts for placing International students around their home locations or placing Indian students abroad.

6. Lpu provides with PEP classes where students are trained in aptitude, reasoning, soft skills ,interviewing skills, free preparation for govt exams and more, right from the 2nd year till their placements.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can i participate in extra curricular without compromising on the studies ?

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
naiteek0511
@naiteek0511  ·  2 karma

@Mehr07

I myself had gone through the same phase a couple of years back.I can feel the excitement in people who are looking forward to starting their college life in Lovely Professional University.

I did MBA from this University and I would say Lovely Professional University is one of the best choices indeed. It provides for multiple industrial exposures,live projects,an updated curriculum rigor and technology along with very good placements and personality development.

Lovely Professional University provides lots and lots of opportunities to its students and student organization is one of that opportunities. Apart from studies here students through these organizations motivates many students and do lots of things for their welfare.

LPU there is a separate department known as Division of Student Affairs-DSA, which is in Block 13, just infront of University Mall. At DSA there are different clubs such as dance , music, singing , art and craft , dance clubs, theatre, sports and many more. You just need to register yourself in any of the club you are interested. You can enroll for Bhangra Club.

Classes are usually conducted after 5pm, So that students can easily attend your club classes. Further, LPU gives you no. of opportunities to showcase your talent as well.

Let me tell you one more shocking news. LPU has created Guinness world record for ‘The Largest Bhangra Dance’ at LPU. So, Bhangra is something in which almost all the LPU students jumps into. 

There are around 60 student organizations in LPU and there are many events conducted by these organisations. They also give awards and certificates to the students their achievements. The organization is run by the student and monitored by University whereas the Department is directly run by University.There are various student organizations and clubs are there in LPU. Few of them are like KINGHILLS, Digantara, Illuminati, Club20, Club ElecTech Illuminati Racers etc. Many more clubs are there in LPU, and you need to explore for that. Actually the clubs are under DSA or School of Professional Enhancement 1, 2, 3.

For getting membership in the Clubs of LPU, you can meet the coordinators of the clubs at the time of admission at their respective counters in Baldev Raj Mittal Auditorium, in Unipolis. Also, you can join the Whatsapp Groups of these clubs and participate in the activities according to your preferences.Later on you can also join club by visiting DSA block. Due to this pandemic situation,Now a days online Induction is going on,University conducted different webinars for freshers,different online talent show is going on. Students are reporting virtually.The live online classes that we will be initiating are much like face-to-face classes only and their effectiveness has already been well tested in the last semester wherein more than 35,000 hours of online sessions were conducted for LPU students across various academic programs. University have planned to start with live online classes on LPU "MyClass" platform.

Hope this will help You!

Thank you!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Vibha.Gupta
@Vibha.Gupta  ·  0 karma

@Mehr07 Definitely you can go ahead as in LPU there are proper arrangements have been made so that studies should not compromise. There are various events that are organized at LPU by focussing on the study schedules. There is a department of student welfare which guides you about all the details relted to this. Also, on LPU touch app the study material is uploaded for the students if somehow missed they can go through that.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In the Events like One World, One India, students represent their cultures, traditions, dance, music, that makes everyone involve and understand different traditions of the world and respect them 

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

LPU is a diverse university having students from all 29 states of india and 70+ countries. So, students here gets exposure to different types of traditions, cutlutres, religions which truly makes them a global citizen and helps them respects each other culture. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Do you think such activities helps in spreading world peace?

www.lpu.in
1 comment
Mehr07
@Mehr07  ·  7 karma

LPU has 30K+ students coming from 29 states of India and 70+ countries. LPU organizes events like One India and One World to show diversity every year. So such events helps the students understand their culture and traditions and makes them a global citizen by respecting all the religions. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...