Graduation % cutoff

5 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Dear Friends, I want to know whether the graduation % cutoff put by various instis like FMS, NITIE and IITs are flexible or rigid? I have slightly < 60% :: in my engg but from a good insti. I wrote a mail to FMS and NITIE but there response...
Page 1 of 1

May be whoever scans the applications may ask the concerned auth whether this student can be eligible for admission and he says YES!

Highly Unlikely.. Might have been possible in a completely pvt instute but i think FMS and NITIE have a govt connection

I think it is highly unlikely that they might even send you a call if

Call?? i dunno abt nitie but im sure that he wont be allowed to take the FMS test,, if he fills his correct %age in the application for..think it'll probably be rejected
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
May be whoever scans the applications may ask the concerned auth whether this student can be eligible for admission and he says YES!

If an institute has no interest in holding on to its Basic Eligibility requirement, I don't see much merit in them publishing it. I think it is highly unlikely that they might even send you a call if you do not have the basic eligibility requirements.

Anyone else like to add something here ?

Regards,
Command like a king, work like a slave.
rk
@rk  ·  0 karma

Hi!
I know the various cutoffs of instis. I wanted to know even after knowing that my %age is slightly less than required, can i take a chance and send the application. I also have 2 years exp? May be whoever scans the applications may ask the concerned auth whether this student can be eligible for admission and he says YES!

regards,

Roopesh

Ripped directly from FMS' Admission Ad :

Candidates applying for admission to first year of MBA (Full-Time) Programme must have pursued at least
3-year Bachelor's Degree Programme after 12 years of formal schooling in any of the following disciplines. The minimum
requisite percentage of marks in different disciplines is as follows : (i) Arts, Commerce or Social Sciences-50%
(ii) Sciences-55% (iii) Mathematics or Statistics-60% (iv) Medicine, Engineering or Technology-60%/CGPA of at least 6.00 in a
scale of 10.00 OR
Post Graduate Degree or 2nd Degree examination after 10+2+3 scheme, securing at least 60% marks.
Candidates appearing for the final examination of Bachelor's/Post Graduate Degree examinations may also apply.
(II) Candidates must be 20 years of age as on 1st October of the year of admission.

NITIE says :

Bachelors degree in any branch of Engineering or Technology or equivalent with first-division (55% in case of SC/ST candidates)

I believe this is the information you were looking for.

Regards,
Command like a king, work like a slave.
rk
@rk  ·  0 karma

Dear Friends,

I want to know whether the graduation % cutoff put by various instis like FMS, NITIE and IITs are flexible or rigid? I have slightly in my engg but from a good insti. I wrote a mail to FMS and NITIE but there response was incoherent. I would have loved to join them only of they allowed me to attempt 😞

regards,

Roopesh