Governance - The Truth

2 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, I have written an article. Kindly read and comment. I am no professional writer. I write occasionally, so pardon me on my thoughts and writing skills. But i feel what i have written makes sense. \----------------------------------...
Page 1 of 1

only views. no replies. Am i too bad?

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi Puys,
I have written an article. Kindly read and comment. I am no professional writer. I write occasionally, so pardon me on my thoughts and writing skills. But i feel what i have written makes sense.

-----------------------------------
A lot is being said and heard about elections these days. Campaigners seem to woo the voters so that they can experience the real feel of power. Parties trying to convince the gullible electorate that the party they are representing holds great future for them. People throng the rallies without even knowing what the manifesto of the party wants to achieve. Yes, if Ram is going to the rally why should Shyam stay back? Every party wants to lower poverty, give education, free electricity, loan waivers etc. Some even talk about computer literacy and promotion of the language of english. People don't understand that the only power that they possess in this democratic republic is the power to vote. But still they don't think twice before voting for a particular party. Some, i understand, are forced to vote for a particular party. I don't know how much of it is true. Elections assume the picture of an All-India-cultural Fest. And there are some of the things that i feel need to be brought to light.

India being a country of great diversity, so a person or a group of people ruling it must acknowledge the fact that it is very difficult to rule. You can never govern a country like India easily. Our founder fathers, while introducing the constitution did everything to keep a check so that the power doesn't vest in any single authority. In USA for example, the President is the head of the state as well as the Government and has enormous powers. In India, this although gives the ultimate power to the people, it becomes very difficult to satiate each and every individual- be it a party or an individual. If you go on to do good to one section of the population, the other is bound to get affected. So they raise the issue and the process assumes a slow pace. There are numerous examples that demonstrate this act. One is the Nuclear deal that created a hullabaloo. We know that a government is in power only for five years till a new one comes at the center. Seeing the current trend in politics, hardly the same government continues next year. With the coalition phenomenon taking shape, things are worse in the same context. So the incumbent has to undergo a lot of negotiations to convey and execute its point in the Parliament. Moreover, the oppositions doesnt care about the agenda doing good to people. Its sole responsiblility is to criticize the incumbent and come to power the very next year. Amidst this, we must understand that doing good to people becomes a separate issue and the current government finds itself entangled in the so called political wars or simply 'poiltics'. For the same reason, i feel that five years is a very less time for any government to pass its policies and enjoy the fruits of its results. It may initiate or even execute some policies but for the policies to affect people it needs some time. But when the fruit starts to ripen, a new government assumes responsibilty and there is hardly any dramatic change in the development of the country.

Now, after having said all this, what i mean is that it is a call for us - 'The citizens' to stop being dormant and passive to all this. Try understanding the truth behind the ideology of the government or party and pro-actively support it if it does not have any ulterior motive. The government cannot function without us. Our responsibility does not end the day we vote. It has to be there till our last breath.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.