Goizueta Business School Fall 2013 Applicants

253 Posts  ·  60 Users
About this group
Hey everyone! Good to be back on Pagalguy after having gone through a lengthy admissions process last year. I'm a first year student at Emory's GBS and am starting this thread to avoid usage of the old 2012 applicants thread for the current...
Page 1 of 26

Hi,

To everybody applying to Goizueta this year, I have created this thread for Fall 2014 Applicants:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/goizueta-business-school-fall-2014-applicants-25111384

Current Goizueta students will be there to answer queries, so please use it for discussions and questions about GBS.

Cheers,

GBS2015

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Heya... I have queries regarding the GBS one year program.. how difficult is it to find a job after a one year program ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@sainagalla

Folks,

I just received an admit to the full time MBA program with $10k per sem scholarship. I was all set for Tepper but then I heard from Emory yesterday, Could you please provide some advise? I have to take a call by June 10th.

Appreciate your help..!

Hey Sai,

Sorry I did not see this in time. I stopped getting email notifications for some reason. Glad to see you on the joining list though! Welcome aboard!

Cheers,
AJ Sahae

If there's one thing B-school has taught me, it's how to get into a B-school.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My desired career path post MBA would be Investment management & Corp finance (pref tech industry).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Folks,

I just received an admit to the full time MBA program with $10k per sem scholarship. I was all set for Tepper but then I heard from Emory yesterday, Could you please provide some advise? I have to take a call by June 10th.

Appreciate your help..!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi @GBS2014 ,

I just recieved acceptance email from Emory for one year MBA program, have followiing questions - could you pelase help:

1. Email doesnt have any information about waiver\scholarship - does it mean i have recieved no waivers or these details are provided in package? 96K is big amount - i am worried if returns will justify invemestment. Do you think they can consider request for granting some schol?

2. Considering course starts in May 2nd week - do you think i will be able to secure F1 visa by that time? (assuming college will take 2\4 weeks time to send package)?

3. Do they allow deerrals in case my visa processing doesnt get completed in due time?

Anticipating quick response,

Thanks,

Prashant

6 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@abhinavbehl You didnt apply to Schulich? why not?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

But isnt Rotman more finance centric?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@abhinavbehl Between the 2,I would choose Rotman.
Avg salaries upon graduation at Sauder are lower & Sauder is in Vancouver.
Toronto is one of the biggest cities in North America ,and it would be easier to find jobs in Toronto.(there would also be more jobs there compared to Vancouver)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...