GMAT training centres in Bangalore

97 Posts  ·  65 Users
About this group
Hi, Any one please tell me the training centers for GMAT in Bangalore city. What are the training fee ? regards Siva
Page 1 of 10

Hi abhi,

You are going to write GMAT in Dec2011? But you seems to be pagalguy for quite a sometime now,..

anyways, I am also going to write my GMAT around the same period.. I am preparing at IVYgmat. His teaching style is kind of self study only... Good thing I got on track again.. this way it helped.. rest i agree is seld study..

Hows your prep till now..

Regards
Vikram

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for the info :D. I am also planning to take my GMAT in DEC 2011/JAN 2012. I am from bangalore and want to discuss all the aspects of GMAT before i start prep for it. Would it be possible for you to meet me. I am free whenever you are free.

Please reply on this post or you can e-mail me on vishwaprakash26@gmail.com.

Cheers

Vishwa

Just completed reading 9 pages of this huge thread.

My conclusion on GMAT training centres in Bangalore :: Please don't waste your hard earned money on these craps.

But coaching centres have become integral part of our lives. The million dollar question is how to avoid them at least in case of GMAT prep.?
  1. Prepare your own customized GMAT study plan. Take help from GMAT experts on forums like Beat the GMAT, GMAT club.
  2. read MasterGMAT study materials while working in office.
  3. Solve and discuss GMAT questions on PG, BTG and gmat club.
  4. Use flash Cards (available for free download on BTG, gmat club, manhatten site etc.)

Must have Books ::
  1. Official quide (12th edition, verbal 2nd edition, quant. 2nd edition)
  2. Kaplan GMAT Primer 2012
  3. Manhattan GMAT ( 8 guides)

For reading in office :: You can use mastergmat (it is an adaptive gmat course... you will enjoy this course!)

I have also started preparing for GMAT ( have plans to take GMAT in Dec 2011).

@Mods Is there any GMAT study group (on PG) for Bangalore aspirants?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just completed reading 9 pages of this huge thread.

My conclusion on GMAT training centres in Bangalore :: Please don't waste your hard earned money on these craps.

But coaching centres have become integral part of our lives. The million dollar question is how to avoid them at least in case of GMAT prep.?

1. Prepare your own customized GMAT study plan. Take help from GMAT experts on forums like Beat the GMAT, GMAT club.
  2. read MasterGMAT study materials while working in office.
  3. Solve and discuss GMAT questions on PG, BTG and gmat club.
  4. Use flash Cards (available for free download on BTG, gmat club, manhatten site etc.)
Must have Books ::
  1. Official quide (12th edition, verbal 2nd edition, quant. 2nd edition)
  2. Kaplan GMAT Primer 2012
  3. Manhattan GMAT ( 8 guides)
For reading in office :: You can use mastergmat (it is an adaptive gmat course... you will enjoy this course!)

I have also started preparing for GMAT ( have plans to take GMAT in Dec 2011).

@Mods Is there any GMAT study group (on PG) for Bangalore aspirants?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

I am in serious need for help.I have 3yrs of Experience in Manufacturing company & I want to do to my Executive MBA from ISB. I stay in Bangalore. I dont have any idea how to start my preparation. I want to give my xam on December which means I have 7months to prepare.Can anybody tell me how to go about it.Plz plz help me.

Thanks
Anush

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys I got to know tht there is MBA seminar in the city on 22nd May and NIMHANS cnter where ISB admission director is coming and few more and is conducted by Jamboore. They did something like this last year also which I did not attend just wanted to know the opinion of anyone who has attended this seminar last year and is it worth spending Sunday on this seminar. And is it true that ISB really comes for these kind of seminars or any Alumni will be there?/

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Diwakar and Saty,
I knw I am pretty late here... but I am going to start my GMAT preparation fr0m tomorrow n targetting for August!!! i stay in Indira Nagar lemme know if we can meet up at my place or any common point!!! Do reply thanks!!!
My id is rahul.beckon@gmail.com...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello guys,

Is anyone interested in group studies on weekends??? I live in AECS Layout near whitefield area.
Plss ping me if u r serious for GMAT.
I am planning to give GMAT in August,2011.

Thanks

Hey diwakar. am game.. however you stay quite far from off from where i stay. am near forum, Koramangala. Let me know if we both can sync up sumtym.. i am also coincidentally targetting Aug'11. Drop me a note at satydg@gmail.com........

Saty
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello guys,

Is anyone interested in group studies on weekends??? I live in AECS Layout near whitefield area.
Plss ping me if u r serious for GMAT.
I am planning to give GMAT in August,2011.

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Arun,

Thanks for your reply.
I agree to your logic, and yes the claim definitely falls flat no doubt about that.

On another note,

Can anyone help me with EducationAisle- i had a word with them few days back, and kind of liked it.
It is run by ISB Alumni, and the course fee is pretty reasonable as well.

However my knowledge pertaining to this is limited and need some guidance from the experienced folks around here.

Thanks
Manisangsu

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I am new to this forum and i completely admit that my knowledge and understanding about this is nowhere close to what you guys have.

However i noticed a flaw in the argument :

It is not neccessary that if 6000 candidates write the examination from Bangalore, 99 percentile will be 50 -60 . It can be much more than that.

Biggest reason -the percentile is calculated on the total population apprearing for the examination, not a particular city/ country - so its not true that if 6000 people are appearing from bangalore, only 50 - 60 can be 99 percentile holders.
Indian candidates are particularly high scorers in GMAT, so there is every chance that there will be more that 350 (based on your information of 35000 indian students) candidates on the 99 percentile list.

Please let me know if i am missing anything here.

Good point! 2 things I would like to clarify:

1. Note that this is not "averages" we are talking about - we are talking about the top 1%ile. Indians scoring higher than average means if the global average is 530 then Indians score 570. A 760+ is (and to borrow a legal phrase ) "rarest of rare" scores. I don't believe Indians skew the scale at this level.

2. Typically a 760+ score means Q51 V42 or Q50 V44. Indians, admittedly do very well on the quant part but on the verbal side it is unsual to see scores above 42. Again just have a look around this forum to see how many scores you see above 44 - very, very few.

Let us say that "statistically" Bangalore is an outlier, and in a very unusual Malcolm Gladwellisquian way we totally blow the numbers out of the water and DOUBLE that!! Even then we are looking at 100-120 people scoring that much. Even with this the claims fall flat.

Makes sense?

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...