GMAT takers JUL/AUG 2008

817 Posts  ·  295 Users
About this group
thread for gmat takers in july like me. lets discuss and help each others out. share the plan and resources.
Page 1 of 82

Hi ,

My name is Ravi. I am in bangalore. Can anyone suggest a good start for GMAT. I need to complete Tuitions within 1 month and perhaps need a provate tutor or a coaching class.

Anyone has a good experience of any coaching class or a tutor? Any recommendations?

How do you go about planning GMAT and schedules? Please help me and would like to join a group who are just starting for GMAT?

Thank you again so much....Appreciate if you would share your email ID;s and we can meet up...

sanduadi Says
My G-day is on 19th oct , Thread for " GMAT Test takers for oct / Nov " would be a great idea , i shall see if one already exist orelse i shall start one :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All

Have started new thread "
GMAT takers in Nov/Dec 2008

Let us continue our momentum!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
powerscore's cr bible is good... but only if u have ample time... it distributes cr qns into various categories.. nd each chapter focuses on how to attempt each qn type...

if u r at an advanced stage... read the 7 common cr question types (survey, statistics, paradox, odd man out etc) from kaplan 800.

Hi,
you seem to have doen brilliantly at the gmat. Which school are you in currently?
Any tips for Application?
Any particular reason why you took the gmat again?
Your replies would be appreciated

Thanks,
Ankit
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Took GMAT yesterday 12th Oct 08
Quant 49
Verbal 40

Total 720

Slightly disappointed as the two mocks that i took from the gmat prep offical software i crossed 750 once.

Verbal should have been a lot better. even a 42-43 would have seen me cross 750.

Found sentence correction the trickiest. Thought i did very well in quant but got only 49 and not 51 so may have made silly errors.

Prepared only from the offcial guide. 1 week of preparation as i'm off job now.

I hope i do much better than my mock scores as far as CAT is concerned.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
tank_I
@tank_I  ·  299 karma
If you are looking for strategies, I've heard Manhattan's CR book is good but I am not very sure. For practice, you can start with OG, in that way you'll come to know as what should be your line of thinking for attempting CRs.
You can also try Kaplan Premier, that too has some good strategies.

powerscore's cr bible is good... but only if u have ample time... it distributes cr qns into various categories.. nd each chapter focuses on how to attempt each qn type...

if u r at an advanced stage... read the 7 common cr question types (survey, statistics, paradox, odd man out etc) from kaplan 800.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thanks Dopa,

What is the best source of preparation for Critical Reasoning?

If you are looking for strategies, I've heard Manhattan's CR book is good but I am not very sure. For practice, you can start with OG, in that way you'll come to know as what should be your line of thinking for attempting CRs.
You can also try Kaplan Premier, that too has some good strategies.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks Dopa,

What is the best source of preparation for Critical Reasoning?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Puys,

Except for PowerPrep and GMAT Prep tests, what all tests should be given?
There are so many available - like Kaplan, Manhattan etc.

Which ones come close to the real GMAT?

B

I think Manhattan provides real close test for GMAT after GMATPrep. Their Quant is bit tough than of actual GMAT but still its worth taking.
They provide a package of 6 online tests.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

Except for PowerPrep and GMAT Prep tests, what all tests should be given?
There are so many available - like Kaplan, Manhattan etc.

Which ones come close to the real GMAT?

B

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

I have my GMAT on Nov 6th and have started taking mocks adaptive tests.I have 2 GMAT Prep Test , 2 IMS CD Tests(I joined IMS for coaching) and 6 Manhattan Tests. Which one are closest to GMAT. I have taken three tests and the respective scores are 570, 580, 630. Though the progress is there however still wanna know how can I improve the score and your comments on the progress.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...