Gmat Study Group Bangalore 2014

33 Posts  ·  110 Users
About this group
Hi Friends :mg: ,I am Sid! I have been working as a developer for 3.5 years now and alike many others, now my final bells are ringing to take The *GMAT* and do what I believe, I am really made for.Here from the threads and discussions, I lear...
Page 1 of 4

Is der  Ny one willing to share egmat Sc account for one month?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Having already scored 650 (Quant-50, Verbal-28, AWA-5, IR-5) on GMAT, I was trying hard to improve my score. I had gone through most of the popular resources such as official guides, Manhattan SC guide but I was not able to improve much on my verbal score. The main problem for me was time management in verbal part. Finally I decided to join Princeton Review, Whitefield to get some help. The trainer's availibility was really good. As I had already prepared for GMAT so I was comfortable with basics but trainers were always open to solve my specific doubts and gave me suggestions to improve further. The best part of the Princeton Review was the Booster Session which gives an opportunity to work with the master trainers. In these sessions I got exposure to various mocks (Mocks by various companies) which helped me to practice my strategy under different kind of circumstances. I would like to thanks Merrily Tobin for all the guidance and support. It's only because of her valuable feedback and suggestions after every mock I could improve my score by 60 points. I scored 710 (Quant-50, Verbal-35, IR-6, AWA-6) on my GMAT retake. 

I would strongly recommend Princeton Review to anyone aiming for a high score especially because of their booster sessions. Once again special thanks to Merrily for her unending support.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Scored a 710 (q49, v38)

I was hoping for 740 but will have to make do as there is no time left for this year's applications! However, I thought I would give everyone here a summary of my experiences and wish all of you good luck in your preparations.

I did the two month course with Manya Education, they are partnered with The Princeton Review (TPR). The course is well laid out for people who have been away from academics and eases you in to the GMAT experience. If you are struggling with quant or verbal, it is essential you spend time going through this course before you attempt the the GMAT. TPR have 10+ practice tests and use material that is closer to GMAT than MGMAT (though the TPR algorithm has lots of room to improve). The TPR tests are still a one of the better test taking resources out there and provides the most tests for your buck. TPR is also the ONLY company that has your essays scored and reviewed - essential for a AWA score of 6!  

I think the Manya team is good with some very helpful trainers. The Master trainers are definitely a cut above the rest and are very helpful. The booster sessions are essential for 700+ and Manya organizes 1-on-1 booster sessions for all students who score just 600+ on TPR (relatively easy, I scored 640 before starting the course). I cannot say much for the Quant boosters but I will comment on the Verbal boosters and Master Trainer Extraordinaire Merrily Tobin... 

Legend has it that every good verbal trainer in Bangalore has learnt from her. In fact, one legend who said this was a drunk quant instructor from another company (that I shall not name). Regardless, Merrily knows her way around the intricacies of verbal rules like no other. Her lectures are on point and her notes are fantastic for all levels. I'm extremely disappointed with 38 as her teachings deserve a 40+! She is very helpful, encouraging and motivating - a huge factor as 90% of students will not have an easy journey to their dream score. My mind was blown away by her 24/7 help and dedication to her students - always great to see teachers with such enthusiasm and love for students! Thank you very much Merrily and all best to you!

My most important learning is that you must know your ability and aim for a score that reflects it; don't aim for more and don't settle for less. You must do the test in your most accurate and efficient mindset (I went from 640 to 710 with mainly a mindset change, but that is a story for gmatclub). Lastly/Finally/Ultimately, I wish you all the best of luck on your journey. I hope that your attempt is successful so that you can enjoy your country's moderately fresh air once again! 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Applications to the 2015-17 batch of MBA programme by National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal, Mangalore is closing on 16th February 2015

NITK Surathkal is an institute of national importance with a legacy of over 50 years, and has a 300 acre fully residential campus with the Arabian Sea on its west border and the Kanyakumari-Mumbai highway passing right through the middle,  and accommodates over 4500 students pursuing UG, PG and doctoral programmes.

Eligibility:

Graduation: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (For SC/ST it is 55% or 6.0) from a recognized institute/university.

Test scores: CAT 2014 or GMAT

Total Institute Fee: INR 1,54,100 

Total Hostel Fee: INR 77,500 (for Boys) or INR 81,500(Girls)

Total Intake: 64 (Reservations applicable)

Admission notification:

http://www.nitk.ac.in/mba-admissions

Official Facebook Page:

www.facebook.com/mba.nitk.surathkal

For more details, discussions and queries kindly visit the Official PG Thread:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nitk-mba-2015-2017-admissions-official-thread-30381526

Beryl Thomas, Public Relations Cell, NITK MBA
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone in Bangalore preparing to take the GMAT in May 2k15?

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ರ_ರ
15 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 15
moonstoneaastha
@moonstoneaastha  ·  0 karma

yes.. me too planning to take the exam in mid Jul..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
rahulrkvn
@rahulrkvn  ·  0 karma

Please add my name to it rahulrk006 @gmail.com

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

GMAT 760 (Q51, V42)

Hi All,

I took the GMAT in August 2014 and scored a 760 (Q51, V42, IR 8, AWA 5.5). I went to Princeton Review, Bangalore for GMAT coaching and would recommend it to anyone looking for GMAT coaching. Princeton offers 10 weeks of classroom coaching after which you can qualify for booster sessions in which you work one-on-one with master trainers who are experts in verbal and quant. While the classroom sessions ensure you are at a 600+ level, the booster sessions take you to 720+ scores. The master trainers analyze your performance in every section and work with you to strengthen them. These one-on-one sessions are extremely valuable and can easily give you a 100 point jump on the GMAT. The personal attention and effort of the master trainers helped me get a 760 on the GMAT. Just after my classroom sessions, i was at a 650 level. The booster sessions took me up another 110 points from there. I would strongly recommend Princeton Review to anyone aiming for a high score on the GMAT especially because of the one-on-one booster sessions.

-Shobhit Khandelwal

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Applications are invited to the 9th batch of MBA programme by Dept. of HSSM, National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal, Mangalore.

NITK Surathkal is an institute of national importance with a legacy of over 50 years, and has a 300 acre fully residential campus with the Arabian Sea on its west border and the Kanyakumari-Mumbai highway passing right through the middle,  and accommodates over 4500 students pursuing UG, PG and doctoral programmes.

Eligibility:

Graduation: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (For SC/ST it is 55% or 6.0) from a recognized institute/university.

Test scores: CAT 2014 or GMAT

Last date for applications: 12-01-2015

Total Institute Fee: INR 1,54,100 

Total Hostel Fee: INR 77,500 (for Boys) or INR 81,500(Girls)

Total Intake: 64 (Reservations applicable)

Admission notification:

http://www.nitk.ac.in/mba-admissions

Official Facebook Page:

www.facebook.com/mba.nitk.surathkal

For more details, discussions and queries kindly visit the Official PG Thread:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nitk-mba-2015-2017-admissions-official-thread-30381526

Beryl Thomas, Public Relations Cell, NITK MBA
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello everyone, for GMAT coaching in Bangalore, you can also find more information here:

http://www.manyagroup.com/gmat-test-preparation-coaching-classes-bangalore. Please do let us know if you would have any further questions and we would be happy to help. 

http://www.manyagroup.com/
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hello Guys,

can we make wassapp grp for GMAT prep ? PM me!!

planning to write in feb'2014

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
prishas
@prishas  ·  0 karma

seems nice

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
rupesh.dsi.86
@rupesh.dsi.86  ·  0 karma

do share ur experiences once u r done wid ur exam..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I am just starting to prep for GMAT i am planning on giving GMAT on Nov 3rd and I would like to take the online test series from any of the good websites. . please suggest which website is good to register and also the one where I can write more no of practice tests. . i have already given free mock tests in veritas prep, kaplan, manhatten and princeton and mba.com. .Should i register for my exams in any of these site or is there any other better sites available. . .

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...