GMAT Study Group 2015

6 Posts  ·  38 Users
About this group

Hi All,

Starting this group where all the GMAT takers/already taken/experts can share, help, suggest, advice the other members who are preparing for GMAT 2015.

Please kindly DO NOT post anything unrelated to GMAT.

All the best!
Page 1 of 1

HI everyone, i am planning to giv gmat in may last, will join jamboree in feb end..

anyone who else is also givin gmat during dat time, plz cntact.. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys, 

Hope the prep is going good. I am also preparing for GMAT and will be taking it around July end or August. As this is my first attempt so want to give as much as time i can to prepare as i will be doing self study. 

Previously i had given CAT exam twice, that too way back in 2011. so my question is how is GMAT's difficulty level/

competitiveness as compared to CAT. As i know the amount of hard work required to achieve +95%ile is way too much and one needs to be very good and dedicated towards it. So for GMAT to achieve 700+ does it require the same amount of hard work.

I know it sounds cynical to ask this but i am asking in a general way. To be honest i am currently working and that too in a support job where i need to work shifts and weekends (occasionally) too. So to set up a routine is difficult for me. 

i am not afraid to put in my hard work but i want to know practically how difficult it is to attain 700+ as compared to CAT's 95%.

Sorry for the long post! -_-

Thanks in Advance. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys....Hows the preparation coming along?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I wanna start preparation for GMAT(self study). How many months of preparation is needed? and what books and test series should I choose?

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
tanmoy4gmat
@tanmoy4gmat  ·  0 karma

What changes are there in OG 15 than 13?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
tanmoy4gmat
@tanmoy4gmat  ·  0 karma

Thanks @BGPC_Eliza These are quite promising. Will surely take up some of these.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Other than OG what other good materials available for 'verbal' practice?

2 comments
ThePrincetonReview
@ThePrincetonReview  ·  599 karma

Hi Tanmoy,

The GMAT RC passages require that you are able to understand the words used in the context of the passage.Hence it would be best if you start reading articles, science journals , business tabloids and read them online and figure out for yourself if you can understand the language and the main idea present in the passage. This would be a better way to tackle vocabulary on the GMAT which will further improve your verbal. Idioms have been posted on this forum , do have a look at them. www.manyagroup.com

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
tanmoy4gmat
@tanmoy4gmat  ·  0 karma

Thanks @Manya

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I have started preparing since last 2 weeks with Verbal as the focus. My target is to take GMAT in April'15.

This is a new group where you can join to help and get help from others.
Thanks, Tanmoy.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...