GMAT Sept/Oct 08 Noida

74 Posts  ·  15 Users
About this group
Guys, nebody looking for Fall 09 admission.... Shall we start a new thread as the older one is closed... About me... appearing in end of sept/starting oct for my GMAT...im having 3+ of workex (By the time of joining) in IT MNC... Regard...
Page 1 of 8

Everybody Pls update about the developments. Not seeing activity in the thread now a days.

Regards,
Ashish

Hi Ashish ,
if i remember correctly u scored 710 na , got admission anywhere ? or where have u applied ?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Appeared for GMAT y'day....
Seemed all stars were against me...:sad:
Got 620... full 30 less than my GMATPrep diagnostic....

Trying to accept the fact...

please advise whether I should apply for XLRI(GMP) and Great Lakes this year with 620?

My Profile:
B.Tech. (NIT)
5 yrs work ex in Infy , recently shifted to MNC in Noida
2 yrs Onsite experience (wall street, top US bank)
Strong Capital Markets knowledge, poor extra co curricular

My target is to do 1 year MBA from IIMs/ISB etc...

regards,
Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

Nice to see your post after such a long time. First cangratulations for your exams. It is nevertheless a lower score. It is not the only criteria for judgings one's ability and intelligence. What I have learned from my personal experience that colleges look for the profile of the student rather than judging on one's GMAT score.
If you have inclination for finance, make your profile and knowledge speak about it. Thay want to know how would you contribute for the college. I'm sure Indain colleges (with one year course)too (particularly PGPX) follow their global counterparts in admission. I have seen people with 550 in NUS(They boastfully speak too).

Everybody Pls update about the developments. Not seeing activity in the thread now a days.

Regards,
Ashish
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hai dude.. Sad to see ur score..

Welll i may not know much however to my understanding XLRI is completely a gone case.. HOwever could u plz let us know ur Section score and could u also brief ur understanding abt the exam and wt material have u gone through coz ur the latest to score in here... i am planning my exam in next 10 days... could u plz suggest...

Happy.. I have done my grads (4 years) work Ex-2 years with companies in Oil, Petroleum & Chemicals as an account manager... and even i am looking for colleges like XLRI, FMS and yes ISB is of my choice but my pro does not conclude...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Appeared for GMAT y'day....
Seemed all stars were against me...:sad:
Got 620... full 30 less than my GMATPrep diagnostic....

Trying to accept the fact...

please advise whether I should apply for XLRI(GMP) and Great Lakes this year with 620?

My Profile:
B.Tech. (NIT)
5 yrs work ex in Infy , recently shifted to MNC in Noida
2 yrs Onsite experience (wall street, top US bank)
Strong Capital Markets knowledge, poor extra co curricular

My target is to do 1 year MBA from IIMs/ISB etc...

regards,
Vaibhav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
sanduadi Says
u r too modest dude , hope u will be here to guide us

Sure dude(esp in application process)... The consultant take exorbitant fees for selecting your college.

All the best for those still to appear...

Regards,
Ashish
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi..
I really was not expecting that much in Verbal esp after so many preps.
I was scoring 29-35 in them. I didn't attend any coaching.. just OG 11, OG10 and SC from Manhattan and Achiever's Points. I managed to revise all the SC Q's before my G'day. Mock score were 650 and 660(Just a day before exam day).

Regards,
Ashish

u r too modest dude , hope u will be here to guide us
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
sanduadi Says
V38 ..... excellent dude ..... can you tell us , how u got that ? attended any coaching or self-preparation only , which material ? what were ur mock scores ??

Hi..
I really was not expecting that much in Verbal esp after so many preps.
I was scoring 29-35 in them. I didn't attend any coaching.. just OG 11, OG10 and SC from Manhattan and Achiever's Points. I managed to revise all the SC Q's before my G'day. Mock score were 650 and 660(Just a day before exam day).

Regards,
Ashish
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thanks dude... yea it's indeed a typo... Subscore are Q-49 and V-38.

Looking for top 50 colleges like UNC-chappal hill, Kelley, Emory, Gergia Tech, Arizona State(Carey).....

Vaibhav, are you preparing your own or some coaching... I want your suggestion for consultant or if you know somebody who is using one... pls PM me ur mail id so that I can discuss the names with you...

Cheers...

V38 ..... excellent dude ..... can you tell us , how u got that ? attended any coaching or self-preparation only , which material ? what were ur mock scores ??
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Congrats dude , Please share details regarding your preparation and G-day exp.
How come Q-49,V-30 scores gave 710 .......... r u sure there was no typo in ur sub-scores

Thanks dude... yea it's indeed a typo... Subscore are Q-49 and V-38.

Looking for top 50 colleges like UNC-chappal hill, Kelley, Emory, Gergia Tech, Arizona State(Carey).....

Vaibhav, are you preparing on your own or some coaching... I want your suggestion for consultant or if you know somebody who is using one... pls PM me ur mail id so that I can discuss the names with you...

Cheers...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Guys...
Gave my test on sunday, 16th and scored a descent 710(Q-49,V-30 though I was hoping somewhere 650+. Anyway Im happy now.

Quant was easier than prep. Verbal was usual tough. I lost faith somewhere in between a RC passage but somehow managed to finish the exam.

Guys in process of applying pls share your feedback... One thing I can surely say : application process is going to suck... J****REE people asking 35K to apply for 4 univ in US....

Cheers,
Ashish

Congrats dude , Please share details regarding your preparation and G-day exp.
How come Q-49,V-30 scores gave 710 .......... r u sure there was no typo in ur sub-scores
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...