GMAT Quant Problem Solving & DS

24 Posts  ·  258 Users
About this group

A group meant primarily for discussing difficult GMAT related Quant problems and not for admission related queries. 

Page 1 of 3

GMAT 2020 study resources are available with us at affordable price. Interested candidates may drop an email to shamverma1992@gmail.com , Thank you. Only serious candidates please. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

2020 GMAT materials available, drop an email at mypassion1410(@)gmail(dot)com if needed.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi. I am confused when do we consider a slope to be negative? I mean, when both slopes are negative then how to decide which one is greater slope?

2 comments
mohshu
@mohshu  ·  6 karma

Hi,,can u share the powerscore CR pdf 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
PrepMinds
@PrepMinds  ·  0 karma

@Pratishtha12345 Hello all,I know its an old post still I am sharing the answer so that its helpful to others: 1) Slope of a line is considered to be positive, if a point on the line moving from left to right, travels upwards. 2) slope of line is considered to be negative, if a point on the line moving from left to right, travel downwards.3) To find the line having greatest slope is the one, which has the greatest absolute value for the slope. Hope its clear and if any doubts please ask. .....Regards

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A box contains three pairs of blue gloves and two pairs of green gloves. Each pair consists of a left-hand glove and a right-hand glove. Each of the gloves is separate from its mate and thoroughly mixed together with the others in the box. If three gloves are randomly selected from the box, what is the probability that a matched set (i.e., a left- and right-hand glove of the same color) will be among the three gloves selected?  

3/10
23/60
7/12
41/60
5/6
4 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

If each term in the sum a1 + a2 + a3.......an is either 7 or 77 and the sum equals 350, which of the following could be n? 

1 like12 answers

In what porportions should coffee of type A, type B and type C be mixed to get coffee which costs $8 for every 100 ounces?

1) The ratio in which coffee of type A and C are mixed is 2:1.

2) Coffee of type A, B and C cost $4, $10 and $6 respectively for every 100 ounces.

1 alone sufficient, 2 not sufficient.
2 alone sufficient, 1 not sufficient.
Both combined sufficient.
Each statement alone sufficient
Together not sufficient
1 comment15 answers

Hey Guys! I'll be attemting CAT this year for the first time and GMAT next year for the first time. My question is Should I follow ARUN SHARMA for Quant for both the examinations for getting basics? NOTE:- I am an amateur at quant 

1 comment
komatiteddy
@komatiteddy  ·  0 karma

@Cm291093 no outdated now.. Follow fundabooks of CL or Time

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is it good idea to attempt GMAT to take admission in Indian colleges? And XIMB, XLRI and SP Jain they accept GMAT for 2 years course or not? 

1 comment
AltruisticDemon
@AltruisticDemon  ·  231 karma

Xlri sp and mst colleges take gmat nly for 1yr pgpm course

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In how many ways can 6 chocolates be distributed among 3 children? A child may get any number of chocolates from 1 to 6 and all the chocolates are identical.

: http://www.GMATinsight.com 

GMATinsight www.GMATinsight.com
21 answers

In how many ways can 6 chocolates be distributed among 3 children? A child may get any number of chocolates from 0 to 6 and all the chocolates are identical.

: http://www.GMATinsight.com 

GMATinsight www.GMATinsight.com
17 answers