GMAT Preperation

10 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi, I am planning to give my GMAT exam in 25 days from now. I want to get a score around 710. till now i have completed 1)princeton review(full book) 2)OG(95 %) 3)GMAT Manhatten SC(full book) my score is lying between 65% - 70 % in ...
Page 1 of 1

Guys,

ple don't open threads. you can discuss this also on:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-query-center-2009-10-25041262

or

on: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/low-gmat-scores-find-help-here-25029450

ple don't open threads unnecessarily and search before posting a ques. relevant threads exist for every kind of query/discussion.

Mods ple close the thread.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

HI,
Yeah my educational backkground is BE only.
Yes i did the thing of keeping track of my questions solving speed in quantz for some time initially but than i thought first i should get stronger in each section after that only should go for this method.

for verbal u have mentioned reding atleast 2 hrs..
But reading means what newspaper,magazines,.. is it so???or what...

i will sit for gmat whenever i get completely prepared for it, but yeah that time should not exceed 2 months this also i know....
Well i m not plannign to apply in any of the colleges in india.

Shreya

subhangkarbanik Says
hii when do u lan to sit for gat ad which colleges have u shortlisted for applying?

Plannning to give GMAT in June or July...Not yet fixed the date...will fix it in April second week...after evaluating by preparation progress until then...

As far as colleges are concerned...planning to do a 1 year MBA in India only considering that i plan to work only in India..

Colleges shortlisted:
ISB
Great Lakes
IIMA - PGPX
SP-Jain
INSEAD - Singapore
XLRI - 1 year PGMP..

Let me know if you have any other colleges you have short listed apart from this....which i am not aware of in India...
~~Pranav

hii when do u lan to sit for gat ad which colleges have u shortlisted for applying?

hi Ankur,
Yeah I can definetly postpone my GMAT.I can reschedule it when my preparation will come up to the mark.
I have both Princeton Review and Official guide of 2009 Edition.
But today what i felt after getting this score is that i am lacking in my conceptual area itself.
I think i should first get my concepts cleared and should get them stronger, both in verbal and Quants sections,than after that only i should start practicing again.what do you say for this ??will this approach be correct??

Till now i have revised my concepts to the level of whatever is there in princeton review book.
Almost 40% of my questions were wrong only because of calculation mistakes which i made in Quants section.For almost 90% questions i know the correct approach but i wasn't able to reach till correct answer.Either i did calculation mistake or silly mistake.

In verbal section what i found was that the level of questions in GMATPrep is more than the questions of Official guide or may be because it was timed test thats why i felt this.

I do not have any other material at present apart from 1)Offficial Guide 2)Princeton review 3)GMAT Manhattan SC.

Can you please sugget me the books which i should refer at this point of time.Which can help me in clearing my concepts and getting stronger in each section.

Now what do you think how i should start my preparation ? What should be my approach now ?

Regards,
Shreya

Hey,

What is your educational background?....If BE....i dont think improving on Quant will be difficult...

Initially do not keep any time pressures while practicing, just concentrate on getting the answers correct somehow....This will give you ample practice which will inturn improve your time and will minimize your silly mistakes...This will take you atleast a months practice again depending on how much prepared you are already...Next while practicing itself you keep a timer or a stop watch and check how much time you take for each question...answer 10 questions and check how much time you took and calculate on that basis how much time you take for each question...

Regarding verbal in which i am as well a little weak........i have started going through manhattan SC Guide and practicing problems from OG....and read whatever i get hands on...rather i have made a rule of reading atleast 2 hours a day...That helps...

~~Pranav

hi Ankur,
Yeah I can definetly postpone my GMAT.I can reschedule it when my preparation will come up to the mark.
I have both Princeton Review and Official guide of 2009 Edition.
But today what i felt after getting this score is that i am lacking in my conceptual area itself.
I think i should first get my concepts cleared and should get them stronger, both in verbal and Quants sections,than after that only i should start practicing again.what do you say for this ??will this approach be correct??

Till now i have revised my concepts to the level of whatever is there in princeton review book.
Almost 40% of my questions were wrong only because of calculation mistakes which i made in Quants section.For almost 90% questions i know the correct approach but i wasn't able to reach till correct answer.Either i did calculation mistake or silly mistake.

In verbal section what i found was that the level of questions in GMATPrep is more than the questions of Official guide or may be because it was timed test thats why i felt this.

I do not have any other material at present apart from 1)Offficial Guide 2)Princeton review 3)GMAT Manhattan SC.

Can you please sugget me the books which i should refer at this point of time.Which can help me in clearing my concepts and getting stronger in each section.

Now what do you think how i should start my preparation ? What should be my approach now ?

Regards,
Shreya

Unless you performed significantly below par on your GMATprep, I do not think it is possible to improve your score from 380 to 700+ in a month's time. you need to think about rescheduling your GMAT.

You need to significantly work on your basics, both in verbal and Quants.
Can you post the exact editions of the books that you have mentioned? What other materials do you have with you?

Hi,
I have given one GMATprep test.
I got only 380.
Quantitative ->32 (16 correct/37 attempted)
Verbal ->12 (12 correct/37 attempted)

I was able to finish Quantitative section on time but wasn't able to attempt last 4 questions in verbal section.

Can you please guide me how can i improve on my scores.I know it needs a lot of improvement.

Shreya

you need to start taking GMATprep tests to see where you are in terms of your preparation.
GMATprep will give you an accurate estimate of your expected GMAT score.
I would suggest staying away from new materials/books for now, unless you feel you are significantly weak in a certain area. Take as many practice tests as you can.
report back with your GMATprep scores for us to help tou further.

P.S. there is separate thread for Queries regarding GMAT. Next time, post there..!

Hi,
I am planning to give my GMAT exam in 25 days from now.
I want to get a score around 710.
till now i have completed
1)princeton review(full book)
2)OG(95 %)
3)GMAT Manhatten SC(full book)
my score is lying between 65% - 70 % in each section currently.

what else i should do now at this point of time to improve my score?
Which preperation course software i should go for?
I heard about Knewton prep software?Howz that?
or for which one else i should go for??
Need some guidance...

Thanks,
Shreya