Gmat Prep and aspirants At Pune

102 Posts  ·  60 Users
About this group
All ppl who r interested in giving GAMT in 2008 and ... can join this thread .... We can discuss here about the exam pattern, types of question and even question if we have any ... It is specially for ppl of pune .. guys best of luck !! ...
Page 1 of 11
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
hi All
I am Sandesh working as software developer in MNC in pune.I have been working since 10 months and want to give GMAT after an year,but i dont have any preparation materials.How do I get it? If anyone in pune preparing GMAt and having OG or other material please please please let me known i am ready to xerox it.
Waiting for reply......

Hi Sandesh,
I am prepairing for the GMAt, infact I had appeared for it once and scored 580(Q50, V21), I know the score doesnt looks impresive but I can help you out on majority of your questions.

If intrested, then plz send me a PM, I will contact you.
Hello Everyone,

I took the GMAT last year in October, i.e. Oct 2007, and scored 760(42 V/50 Q/5.5 AWA). You can contact me if you need any help. I will PM you my email id or contact number.

I will try to help you out and maybe even you might be able to help me out. I have not yet started applying because of lack of work experience...

Good Luck,
Kushal

Hi Kushal, that is an awsome score, I have given the GMAT and got 580 (Q50, V21), I want to appear for the test again, and I am struglling to find a nice coaching, can u help me out in this. I have narrowed down to Achievers point and IMS ( Depending on the responce of students), can u help me out in this situation.

hi All
I am Sandesh working as software developer in MNC in pune.I have been working since 10 months and want to give GMAT after an year,but i dont have any preparation materials.How do I get it? If anyone in pune preparing GMAt and having OG or other material please please please let me known i am ready to xerox it.
Waiting for reply......

My personal experience. Took GMAT in July '08 got 570. Fully depressed and out. Joined GMAT Wings simply to save moolah. They charge 8400 for GMAT coaching. Took GMAT again in Nov '08. Result 710.

Check them out guys www.gmatwings.in. Website is pathetic but the coach is fantastic. write to him - coach@gmatwings.in

the dudes r damn professional. They use OG, Kaplan, Princeton. Techniques r fundoo n they really give personal attention. Soon they will give Career Forum, Career Launcher n Ekbote a run for their money!

Oh for test centres, the closest one is in Mumbai at Andheri East. Surprising that mba.com threw up such a weird location. definitely something wrong in the system. Pearson Vue has a tie up with karrox in India. By mistake that centre might have come up.

GMAT can be taken in India only in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi and Hyderabad....

hi Guys,

Anyone joined classes n stuff in Pune like scoreplus or sumthin...??
If so..please thrw sum light ...

Hi,
I was registering for GMAT thru mba.com and when searched for Test locations around Mumbai, I came across the following location in Pune:
MeritTrac Services Pvt. Ltd
Plot no.9."Forum" office no.1,3rd Floor,
Survey No.63/2B,Pune Satara Road,
near padmavati opp vivekanand statue.
Pune, MAH 411037
IND

Does anyone have any clue about this Test location. I never heard of it. Not sure if there is a Test location in Pune in the first place.

Hi guys,

Intro : Abhijit. 1+ yrs in WIPRO.SAP consultant.

Am jumping in as well.Aiming for GMAT 2009 around august.New to Pagalguy.Glad to see this post.:1eye:.

grt work sumit.

cheers,
abhi

Hi guys...........
want some advice from you....i am giving my Gmat on 4th Nov...but i beleive i am not well prepared till now....there is only 20 days left.....i am currently gng thru the OG11 & KAPLAN.....but have given only two practice test ..getting score of 550 & 600...& for AWA i have not practised...please suggent whta should i do ..postpone the exam or try my level best & see what i score on 4th Nov & then give second test....
Please Help......

Neha,

Seems we share a similar background...As far as prep material is concerned, I think you should start off with the basic material like:

1. Princeton GMAT book
2. Kaplan book

These books will give u a basic idea how the exam is structured and then U can start off wid the more exhaustive material which consists of:

1. GMAT Official Guide (OG11)
2. 1000 series (1000 SCs, 1000 CRs)
3. Manhattan books

Do let us know about pointers to webpages which suggest a different approach.

Thanks,

TheGenius

I m planning 2 gve GMAT in dec08 IS there anybody who can b ready 2 share their books wth me I m ready 2 buy their used books too. I ll forward my contact details .