GMAT Prep 1 Score - 570 ???

5 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi all, Today, I gave my prep 1 mock and scored dismal 570 (Q 43 , V 26) I was expecting a score of somewhere around 650, given the fact that I have done some preparation in the last one month, though not regular. I think I should h...
Page 1 of 1

Hi to PG.

Please don't open new thread for individual queries...It wont solve your purpose, wont help u much as new thread go un-noticed and unanswered...
Use search option available ont he homepage of the site to find relevant thread for u.It work like google , so simple to use..

As of now, for this particular query post on this thread- http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/low-gmat-scores-find-help-here-25029450
For inspiration -
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/how-i-scored-in-the-top-1-gmat-760-25051949
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/what-ive-learned-about-the-gmat-since-i-scored-a-770-25057433

But please do not same query post in every thread at one go....I would suggest post in "Low GMAT score" and read the rest two :cheers: ATB!!

Regards
Priti

Hi all,

Today, I gave my prep 1 mock and scored dismal 570 (Q 43 , V 26)

I was expecting a score of somewhere around 650, given the fact that I have done some preparation in the last one month, though not regular.

I think I should have given the mock 2-3 weeks back to make the best use of the time left for the exam as of today (approx 3 weeks)

My experience while giving mock-

1) This was my first timed exam almost after 5 years(except some technical certifications which I have given). I felt a bit uneasy with the exam pressure.
2) I felt that I could have solved the Q problem but due to the clock ticking away I could't manage to solve many of them which I can solve easily if given some time.
3) I had spent too much time on some Q problem (6 mins ) just because I got stuck in between and I knew that I can solve the problem.
4) Time management in both the sections was quite awful. I had to just guess so many questions even without reading them.

I know I have to work very hard for the next 3 weeks and improve drastically to reach a respectful score.

Please guide me on how to improve my weaknesses in the best possible way in the coming weeks?

Especially want to know how to manage time during the test. I am unable to keep track of it and get completely lost with time management.

thanks
HR Professional, MBA - HR (2012), SBT CheerLeader 2011, PG Queen 2012 :blush:
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Someshwar, thanks a lot for the advice. I'll analyse my prep exam and will chart out further course of action. Hope to improve my timing and weak concepts in the coming week.

And yeah It might be a good idea to post this in Low GMAT Score Help thread so that many more can pitch in. Chances are bleak that people will respond on an individual thread since it may go unnoticed!!

Hey Aman,

Let me clarify first, I am no expert. Rather I am also getting ready for GMAT on 21st Dec.

However I can offer you some of the standard advices and some that were offered to me in past.

1. To sort out timing issue, you may fix a time slot for certain no. of questions in your further preparation ( Say 20 Min for 10 Questions)
2. Since your score in Quant is at 42, I wouldn't recommend you to practice the easier questions, rather focus on higher difficulty questions from OG12. ( If I understand correctly, questions in OG are in ascending order ) You may also look at some of GMATclub questions. They are infamous for their difficulty level.
3. You really got to focus on your verbal score. You would need to take a deeper look at your results to analyze which are your weak areas and focus on them. ( e.g. for me Sentence Correction seem to screwing my scores hence I am focusing on SC first)

Finally, cheer up dude. If it gives you any better feeling, when I took my GMATPrep #1 without no preparation , I was at 500. You are better off than me

PM me if you wanna discuss further.

Hi all,

I was expecting a score of somewhere around 650, given the fact that I have done some preparation in the last one month, though not regular.

I think I should have given the mock 2-3 weeks back to make the best use of the time left for the exam as of today (approx 3 weeks)

1) This was my first timed exam almost after 5 years(except some technical certifications which I have given). I felt a bit uneasy with the exam pressure.
2) I felt that I could have solved the Q problem but due to the clock ticking away I could't manage to solve many of them which I can solve easily if given some time.
3) I had spent too much time on some Q problem (6 mins ) just because I got stuck in between and I knew that I can solve the problem.
4) Time management in both the sections was quite awful. I had to just guess so many questions even without reading them.

I know I have to work very hard for the next 3 weeks and improve drastically to reach a respectful score.

Please guide me on how to improve my weaknesses in the best possible way in the coming weeks?

Especially want to know how to manage time during the test. I am unable to keep track of it and get completely lost with time management.

thanks

Hi all,

thanks