GMAT Plan with Timelines

17 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
I have a rather strane story - am a Journalism and advertising student and extremely bad at Maths for which I never attempted CAT. But, not being an MBA is hampering progress, so now I think that going in for GMAT is a must. Am working with a IT c...
Page 1 of 2
Thanks CTD. I agree with the "every man to himself" (from the Sgt Rock comics) dictum however we live in the age of the "most probables for the least probables" (my own). :-)

I have unearthed a blog at http://daveformba.blogspot.com/111881734759301224 by Dave who scored 790 on the big G. I found the post dated June14/05 quite decent. WOULD RECOMMEND IT AS A MUST READ for all... this is the kind of template that I was looking for.

See it and comment;

H.

the quates are both true, and interesting!

i`ve checked out this blog long time back....pretty good reading. i couldn`t read the page that you`ve provided the link to coz it gives me some "not found" error.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Thanks CTD. I agree with the "every man to himself" (from the Sgt Rock comics) dictum however we live in the age of the "most probables for the least probables" (my own). :-)

I have unearthed a blog at http://daveformba.blogspot.com/111881734759301224 by Dave who scored 790 on the big G. I found the post dated June14/05 quite decent. WOULD RECOMMEND IT AS A MUST READ for all... this is the kind of template that I was looking for.

See it and comment;

H.

H'lo all.

If I want a step by step to planning padhai for GMAT and I have 90 days to prepare... what would y'all suggest.

To elaborate.....=>My plan is to put together a list of resources and their deployment for someone who wants to spend the next 90ish days on preparing the GMAT and is planning a 750+........ I want the amount of hours / days spent at each stage of prep (brushing up the theory+diagnostic tests+analysis of strengths and weaknesses+addressing weak areas+building up on strengths+FLTs and asessment of performance) ... and the hours spent per day on prep at each stage.

Unfortunately, no one can give you a perfect answer to that question. there`s no real "cookie cutter" plan to prepare for the GMAT, it is a very personal process. might sound cliched, but only YOU know how much preparation you need and how many hours you need to put in, coz only YOU can assess your strengths and weaknesses. There have been ppl who were confident about themselves and cracked the gmat in 2 weeks flat and there have been those who`ve needed 6 months of preparation for the same results.

Free advice: take a full length diagnostic test, analyze your scores, and that`ll tell you how good or bad your situation is. depending on your strengths and weaknesses, the per-day effort required can vary from 0:30 to 4:00 hours! you could post your scores here and maybe we can help you assess where you stand.

PS: 90 days is sufficient even for someone with very poor fundamentals to score a 750 (with solid preparation).

H'lo all.

If I want a step by step to planning padhai for GMAT and I have 90 days to prepare... what would y'all suggest.

To elaborate.....=>My plan is to put together a list of resources and their deployment for someone who wants to spend the next 90ish days on preparing the GMAT and is planning a 750+........ I want the amount of hours / days spent at each stage of prep (brushing up the theory+diagnostic tests+analysis of strengths and weaknesses+addressing weak areas+building up on strengths+FLTs and asessment of performance) ... and the hours spent per day on prep at each stage.

Thanks,

H.

All those who have requested for the info. please check your inbox and reply to my PM.

I will be glad to supply the necessary goodies.

H'lo Denish,

Clue me in the same as well please.

H.

All those who have requested for the info. please check your inbox and reply to my PM.

I will be glad to supply the necessary goodies.

drunk jerk Says
can i get a copy too..!?

Hi Guys can i get a PM too of that?
WUd be glad if u can send it to me

Prabhu
drunk jerk Says
can i get a copy too..!

What is it ? Please pm me !
denish Says
"ng02" please check your personal message list. I have sent some info.

can i get a copy too..!?
Yup, I understand my position quite well:-)) Is it possible for you to share with me the list of schools that have a round 2 and 3?
Thanks,
Nishtha

"ng02" please check your personal message list. I have sent some info.