gmat on6th june.worried over kaplan result.pls advice.pls

3 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
hey friends, I really need all of your esteem advices.I always thought that its better to study yourself rather than worryuing and taking suggestions from people over net.But the quality of response that i have witnessed over here has forced me ...
Page 1 of 1

Forget the Kaplan results.. They are surely not an indicative of your performance.

My actual GMAT score was 770 and u can find the results of my Kaplan tests (among others) here:
GMAT preps timeline My journey to a B-school.

You may also want to search for Keya in PG forums.. She had a 770 too and in Kap tests, she scored in low to mid 600s.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Ankit,
No one could better explain the drastic effects of Kaplan than myself. Amidst a chaotic schedule and many personal changes, I pinned my diagnosis based on a Kaplan test about a month ago. Before than, I had some firm footing (in my opinion), and I scored a 580 on the Kaplan paper based test. Disgruntled...I prepared on my weaknesses and did few exercises, and hit another Kaplan test, and got a 670.

I did not bother to look up on any of the forums, not even here....that 670, after a very sincere effort, brought down my spirits to such a level, that I was afraid of appraising myself for almost a month. I know I am a 700 calibre guy, but Kaplan tests sometimes can be quite detrimental. It was after joining these forums and reading user opinions that I found that sometimes Kaplan tests can attribute to +50 - +80 of what you score on them.

In otherwords, a 650 on you kaplan CAT 5 could translate to a 700 - 730 on a real GMAT or a GMATPrep.

After making the mistake of not utilizing the forums, I realized how important it is to stay put. What I lost is a very precious 1 month, which, if I handled well, could have brought me to the finish line of giving GMAT. Unfortunately, I could never go back...but atleast, it is now helping me propel forward.

Here is what I suggest, along the lines of many posts that I read out here, since you are leaving the GMATPrep tests for the very end, try to get the older POWERPrep software as well, and knock down a couple at the earliest. This will boost your confidence by giving you a valid gauge of where you stand...and will serve as a purpose to save your GmatPreps too.

Good Luck...and dont stray...keep on the 6th.
my 2 cents...hope it helps.
-Vikram

hey friends,
I really need all of your esteem advices.I always thought that its better to study yourself rather than worryuing and taking suggestions from people over net.But the quality of response that i have witnessed over here has forced me to change my stance atleast for this sitenow here is my position.
Though i have not taken a date,i am planning to take GMAT on 6thjune,2009.I am enrolled in kaplan tutorials.I know ppl say that their course and algo method of scoring is diff and on higher side,i think most of them refer to the KAPLAN CD tests,whereas i have given their $-paid CAT tests over internet.So,I really dont knwo whthe how valid are their marks.here are my marks.
Kaplan diagnostic test-CD Exam-510.without any prep.
kaplan CAT 1-590
kaplan CAT 2-660
kaplan CAT 3-680
kaplan CAT 4-590
kaplan CAT 5-650
now u see my worries are:-
however may be their style of marking,no. of ques correct depends on me.I have been scoring 30 in verbal whereas i need to be scoring 34-36.So am really worried.keeping gmatprep for the last week before actual gmat.have 3 more kapaln cats to go.also there was a lul in my score from 680 to 590 .such drastic change -fall of 90 points after continuous prep.though it climbed back to 650
Guys,if any1 have experience of paid kaplan exams on net,then pls guided me as am really tensed.If it was only that their scoring is tough,then i wouldnt have been so worried.But i myself correct about21-24 questions correct in verbal section which is too low ,so am really tensed.
Waiting for your suggestions.
BYe

Ankit