GMAT mumbai training institutes & self preparation tips

2 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hi guys..... Feeling very happy to be back on PG after a gap of arnd 2 yrs....... Cursing myself as i couldnt comp the gmat classes nor did i appear for it....so last attempt to crack was flop... :-( Was planning (plans still on) to...
Page 1 of 1

Hi guys.....

Feeling very happy to be back on PG after a gap of arnd 2 yrs.......

Cursing myself as i couldnt comp the gmat classes nor did i appear for it....so last attempt to crack was flop... :-(

Was planning (plans still on) to do 1 yr mba after gaining a work exp of 5+ yrs......passed out in my (bcom in 2001) mca in 2004.....and targetting 2010 for the course....did a bit r & d on univ options....ofcourse iima pgpx tops followed by isb, ceibs, sauder, manchester, lancaster, cranfield etc....i know its seems funny to have list of univ with no prep n gmat score....lol

starting fresh.....and more commited n serious.....back for your help

Last time (in 2005) i had enrolled for gmat coaching at jayant pai (dadar)....as am (n was) in no touch with maths n english basic...found it very difficult to grasp and be with the rocket speed of pai's classes..specially maths....he teaches more faster than light speed i guess....with his own attitude and assumptions....only self study helped me to a more better extend.....though i had used his limited but good materials for preparatn....would recomm pai only for 1 wo needs thoda brush ups types.....otherwise def not.

In last few days enquired at ims (25k), sharpmind (21k + taxes) & careerlauncher.....again am bit doubtful on thr words and pace with which they would go...everyone talks goody goody now though.....it would be helpful if anybody can suggest some real good tutor / thier exp at these listed institutes for gmat prep.

went thru few but very helpful links of PG (shekhar, psychodementia etc)......but couldnt compile and come to conclusion.......

Would be really grateful to you if you guys can clear.......

1. is it okay if i study on my own taking the books as suggested and going thru them in the some order step by step. I had read on few blogs/forum tht classes help by the way of tips n tricks they explain in classroom; would i miss all those if i do a self study?

2.how to start - quant first or verbal or RC which one ??? and with which book ? whts d ideal order to start? which book is better for which all topics?

3. how to schedule the test - topic wise and complete ones etc and the final date to be taken after how much prep time in general.

4.what r jj and those 1000 sc etc, and when to start with those and other things. And whr do we get this powerprep ? which all links/sites would be helpful.

any other valuable input is very much appreciated

I know it might b repetition for u guys.....but it would really b very helpful for me or anyother naive person looking for.

thanks & regards

nasty

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.