GMAT- Institution selection

6 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi All, This is Radhika. I plan to take GMAT this july. Basically, I am a Pharma professional with 3+ yrs of work ex. Based in Hyderabad, I am a postgraduate in Pharma with couple of courses in Patents as well and A topper thro...
Page 1 of 1
Dear V,

Thanks for the response.
Yes, you gauged right, basically I am looking for a business school in India with a one yr program.
But if I add ur inputs too, it amounts to only 3 business schools where I can apply since my work ex is less, and those schools are iim-a, isb and xlri.

Can someone let me know abt some more reputed b schools, atleast amounting to a total of 5 where I can send my gmat scores.

Also, since I want to keep my options open, some b schools abroad as well and how well do I stand a chance if my reference letters are written by my current employer instead of my professors .
U mentioned b schools look for non-IT males, is there a gender preference as well since I am a non- IT female.

I am trying to post my query on the thread u mentioned, but it only shows post reply. can u tell me how do i do that
Regards
Radhika
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Please post your questions on the thread i mentioned.(see my previous post).
This will help you get perspectives from a larger audience.

cheers
V

Dear Catapult,

Thanks for that.
Basically I dont want to restrict my options to the healthcare industry.
If there are any more options for me, seeing my little amount of work ex, both in India and abroad, kindly let me know.
One more thing, if anyone can let me know.
Since it is now around 3 years that I am out of touch with my professors, would reference letters from my current employer do if in case I want to apply for b school admissions out of India.
Or is it so that atleast one reference letter should be from the academia.
Kindly let me know.
Regards
Radhika.

Dear Catapult,

Thanks for that.
Basically I dont want to restrict my options to the healthcare industry.
If there are any more options for me, seeing my little amount of work ex, both in India and abroad, kindly let me know.
One more thing, if anyone can let me know.
Since it is now around 3 years that I am out of touch with my professors, would reference letters from my current employer do if in case I want to apply for b school admissions out of India.
Or is it so that atleast one reference letter should be from the academia.
Kindly let me know.
Regards
Radhika.

catapult
@catapult  ·  1,270 karma
Hi All,

This is Radhika.

I plan to take GMAT this july.

Basically, I am a Pharma professional with 3+ yrs of work ex.

Based in Hyderabad, I am a postgraduate in Pharma with couple of courses in Patents as well and A topper throughout my course curricula.

Radhika - You should definitely check this out. Tepper has good programs for Pharma students. And since you are a female, topper and have good work-ex - I'm sure you would stand a good chance.

Take a look at this

Hello Radhika,
Its great to know of your interest in a top MBA program.
I presume from your inputs that you are looking for an indian school, with a one year program. Please do confirm that.

Your work exp sounds good from whatever you have keyed in. B-skools always look favourably towards non-IT indian males and you seem to fit both the parameters. Please do make it a point to drive this parameter in your essays and you will do just fine. Also, please go at length in explaining your community service , extra curricular activities etc.
Please go through the websites of ISB and IIM A to gauge the class profile and the kind of exp that people have. I am sure XLRI also as a one year program.
For detailed and more responses to your question, please post your query on this thread.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-assistance-desk-25014956
cheers
V

Hi All,

This is Radhika.

Based in Hyderabad, I am a postgraduate in Pharma with couple of courses in Patents as well and A topper throughout my course curricula.

Can somone guide me that with the kind of work ex i have, which B schools could i apply for.

I only have knowledge of ISB and IIMA.

Also, can u guide me on how to prepare in this time duration with the names of the books which i should refer.

I am planning to join Visu International. Can someone know me if it is worthwhile.

Thanks
Radhika.

Hi All,

This is Radhika.

Can somone guide me that with the kind of work ex i have, which B schools could i apply for.

I only have knowledge of ISB and IIMA.

Also, can u guide me on how to prepare in this time duration with the names of the books which i should refer.

I am planning to join Visu International. Can someone know me if it is worthwhile.

Thanks
Radhika.