Gmat India Prep And710!!!!!!!

8 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi guys, I just gave my GMAT and scored the dream score of 710!!!! I just want to share my experience with all of you. I came back to India from an onsite assignment with my mind made up to go for full time MBA programs. The two th...
Page 1 of 1

Bumped up an old thread. Locked.

Btw, the 1000SC is not the most of reliable material. The answers are often unclear. Do at your own risk

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hey dude

I am giving my GMAT exam in next 3 days. Can you send me those 1000 SC which you talked about? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Varun

Congrats !
Somehow I had a feeling that this was more of an advertisement ! There was no information on strategy used, books/material referred etc ! what score u started with, what was ur score during course of preparation etc !

Mr. Fundooo: Thank you for the note. It is all in the mind, how you perceive it as... anyways here is the story towards the successful and speedy process.

Mr. Adminitrator: Thank you so much for this amazing platform that helps we GMAT test takers to get an clear cut help.

My Special Thanks to Priti and Arijit Chatterjee who posted about Mr. Kalyan Chakravarthi, an expert in GMAT tutions. "Believe me or NOT NO INSTITUTE in INDIA can beat him on GMAT prep. You just need to experience him : Please dont consider this as an advertisment for Kalyan. This just my way of helping 100 other GMAT test takeers who are struggling to get proper guidance in their extremely busy schedules.

"
Hi Friends,

This is Nakul Agarwal software engineer from Bangalore, India. I took my GMAT recently and scored a 710 (42V and 44M).... I would like to share my journey of taking GMAT with all of you. I gave GMAT on 8th of Oct'2006 and scored pretty decent (when compared to my
starting scores). I thought of giving GMAT about 5 months back. Did some basic research like what is the syllabus, what are the sections etc and quickly identified two things. First that with 5 years of experience, I need to score in and around 700 to get into a good B- school. Secondly, that I can't do it alone. I need some "direction" as to how should I go about it.

On the various website I saw loads of material and few students advices to read Kaplan, Princeton review , Manhattan etc By looking at my busy schedule, I realized that I just can't do them.

I felt I need a perfect direction and guidance towards my expedition to score above 700. I did proper research on the web. Thank fully, I found two amazing things on the web. One Scoretop and two an expert who gives private tuition to GMAT aspirants on a very individual basis. I quickly got VIP membership at Score top and enrolled for my private GMAT classes on daily basis.

I took a test and scored 580.That was depressing because 700 seemed far.

But I started with practicing the 11th Official Guide, 10th Official Guide, 1000 SC and GMAT sets. In the beginning it was really difficult. All my answers were wrong :(. But slowly I started understanding what was required. My trainer helped me to identify the pattern of my mistakes and helped me understand what the "EXACTLY" question is asking for. I must say my coach knows the EXAM very well. I started getting SC's correct that gave me confidence. I gave my
second test. That was a disaster. I scored 530. Even lower than the first time. Boy was I shattered. My coach advised me to continue my preparation without getting de-motivated I still continued working and the next time I gave test I scored 650.

By this time my D-Day (GMAT exam date) was only 2 weeks off Then my coach gave the presentation that gives a look and feel of actual GMAT with questions from Score top which I started doing with time restrictions. This exercise gave me a very good practice to keep track of time. I was basically able to manage time with my questions. Here I gave another test. My trainer told me that this time skip those questions that you feel will take longer. He also told that the RC's are the score boosters. If you can get them correct your verbal score will automatically increase. I did exactly that. I skipped around 3-4 math questions and 3-4 SC and CR. Score - 700 (math - 47 and verbal - 36). Now that made me really happy. Beyond this point I decided that I don't need to improve on anything else just that I need to keep in touch with everything. So 2 more tests and try completing 10th OG, 1000 scs and GMAT sets as much as possible. I did just that. After completing everything I gave another test just before the d- day. Scored 690.

D-Day.

On the D-day. went to the center with only one thought. Just give your best shot and don't worry about score. Specially don't let the mistakes prey on your mind. The AWA writing was straight forward and with the template (given by my tutor) in place that was a piece of cake. Then started
the Math. I skipped the first question itself. Rest went pretty well. Completed math with 1.2 minutes remaining. Skipped around 2-3 questions there. Took a break. Thought to myself, math was pretty decent. Now in verbal just keep your cool and get the first two RC's
right. Started well with verbal. With SC I kept it very simple. Just reading the question once will tell you whether you have identified the rule its testing. If you could identify that spend time on it otherwise skip it. Gave special attention to my RC's. I did spend a few seconds more on every RC question, just to be sure. Got 2 long passages first. Third one was a short passage. I was expecting the fourth one to be short as well. But that was a long passage. That took me by surprise, but I had sufficient time left so I did that easily. In the end I completed verbal

Believe me I never touched Kalpan, Princeton Review or Manhattan for Sentence Correction or Reading Comprehesions. I just did the 1000 SC on Scoretop, GMAT sets (21-31) and official guide 10th and 11th Edition with the help of my coach.

Thank a lot to Scoretop, Pagalguy for such an amazing service also thanks to Mr. Kalyan Chakravarthi for helping me to plan systematically for this GMAT.

PS: I have got a very detailed explanation for the 1000 sc questions on GMAT. Any one interested can send me PM.

Thank you
Good luck to one and all.

Congrats mate .. gr8888 score !!!!
Azeem

Congrats !
Somehow I had a feeling that this was more of an advertisement ! There was no information on strategy used, books/material referred etc ! what score u started with, what was ur score during course of preparation etc !

Fundoo,
I guess we've been spending time with too many application essays and now are skeptical about "empty sentences" that do not have a clear focus as to what the sentence intends to get across to the reader

Nakul,
Congratualtions for your score. 😃
And welcome to the app process...

Cheers
- icy

Congrats !

hey mate, congo
where all u applying ??

Hi guys,

I just gave my GMAT and scored the dream score of 710!!!!
I just want to share my experience with all of you.

I came back to India from an onsite assignment with
my mind made up to go for full time MBA programs. The
two things I was lacking were the know-how about GMAT
and time. I went to Kalyan with the requirement of a
very focused module to quickly ramp up my GMAT score.
My aim was to hit 700. Kalyan assured me that its
possible but his condition was I do exactly what he
says. No more and no less. With about 1.5 months of
preparation I saw my scores improving and I finally
got a 710. His teaching style, flexible schedule,
personal attention to an individuals needs, small
student groups and the highly focused module are
unparalleled. Due to the small size of the groups its
more of a discussion rather than a class. His Sentence
correction techniques and Data sufficiency tricks are
best in the market. In one line I can say that unlike
other institutes, people at GMAT India prep are not
looking to mint money but there complete focus is to
maximize the students score whatever it may take.

Thus if you want to reach your dream scores GMAT INDIA PREP is the place to be in!!!

you guys are always welcome to contact me for further details...

Nakul _agwl