GMAT giving group november - december 2012

54 Posts  ·  53 Users
About this group
Hey!!!Those who are giving the GMAT by december end join the thread wherin we can have discussions on topics as well as the deadlines and procedures that need to be followed for joining a B-school.
Page 1 of 6
@Some2609 what is the best time to schedule the exam .i have one year exp so do i have a chance if i get around 650 to 700:(

plz give some tips for gmat
NMIMS-PGDM(2013-2015)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@IMS_Delhi : Thanks :).. I prefer US...Some good B-schools have round 2 admissions in Jan 1st week. Is it too late if I give GMAT on 20th. Regarding essays I have already started preparing .Please let me advice me in this regard. I want to do my MBA next year and US is preferred.
What abt UK universities?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Some important books you should go thru before GMAT

RC 99
SC GRAIL (specially idiom list + last 100-125 SC questions)
OG 13 (+ question which are dere in OG 12 but not in OG 13)
Verbal Work book (OG)
Quant Work book (OG)
1000 CR
Manhattan SC book (latest version)
CR bible
Kaplan GMAT 800
1012 princeton review

@Practice tests

6 Manhattan ones (quant will be on little difficult side)
5 Kaplan test (I found them to be near to GMAT paper. By near I mean questions wise somewhat close but marking algorithm different )
2 Soft Prep

Things which are bold are easy available online but little searching is required.

Give 2-3 months time finish all the above things ..you will sure do well in your GMAT test. Above is the best material from which you can study.

Note:- Please pass on to others who need.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@sandeepg30
Most of the US B schools offer 2 year program. Kellogg and Cornell are providing 1 year Program. But Kellogg do not have round 3. I am not aware of other schools
The biggest hurdle in the path of success is the fear of failure
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@smvjkumar

Thanks a lot for the info.... I'll try to prepare essays during my preparations time so that I need not have to struggle at last moment. Could you please let me know top B schools which has 1 year full time MBA courses. I have 5 years experience..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sandeepg30 said:
Hi, I am giving GMAT on December 20th. I am sure I'll get 690 plus. But I am upset that i couldnt take GMAT before Nov 30th for ISB. So anyone please suggest me good schools in US to which I can apply for Round 2. And also suggest me best 1 year full time MBA course like ISB in US
Hi Sandeep.

Top B schools in US have deadlines in first week of Jan for round 2. So you will have very less time to apply for it. You have to prepare between 3 and 5 essays. The visa processing for US takes Around 4 months so Round 3 Will not be feasible for Indian applicants. IE Spain and HEC Paris have rolling intakes. yo can try for same. the rank equally with Harvard and Stanford.

All the best for your GMAT.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I am giving GMAT on December 20th. I am sure I'll get 690 plus. But I am upset that i couldnt take GMAT before Nov 30th for ISB. So anyone please suggest me good schools in US to which I can apply for Round 2. And also suggest me best 1 year full time MBA course like ISB in US

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Suvojit,

You wont be needing any coaching classes. Take out a solid 3 month schedule, practice for 2 hrs everyday, and during the last 15 days, give mock CATs everyday. No shortcuts, no funny business, just simple and straight hard work.
My busy schedule didn't allow me to practise for more than a total of 20 days, but I made sure to focus on my weaknesses and gave a modest regular time for my strengths. I gave my GMAT yesterday and fetched myself 700, and that's exactly what I was aiming for.

Regards,
Some.
P.S. If anyone needs any help, please do let me know. I'll be happy to help. 😃 All the best.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@abaddon Hi Adaddon. As you have appeared for CAT Quants would not be a problem in GMAT. In fact the Quants are more easier in GMAT than in CAT.
But Verbal will be comparatively tough. As you have less time to prepare i would suggest aristotle SC and RC books. CR bible or Manhattan CR to prepare. Manhattan SC is good . but u need more time to cover the book.
Remember the more u practice hands on. the more u get comfortable in the exam. So I would suggest you to practice maximum number of questions. try to complete all the questions in OG and review it. All the best. (NOTE: SC and CR are the main topics to cover . RC will be mostly CR based same applies To Analysis of argument and IR. )
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi! i recently finished off with my CAT and want to prepare for GMAT. The only problem is i have my cfa level 3 in june 2013 and i want start it by jan mid max as i don't get much time to study.

can anyone tell me how different gmat is from cat in terms of exam difficulty, structure etc. i prepared pretty decent for CAT and hope quant shouldn't pose much threat. if start preparing from dec beginning will it be possible to finish within 1.5 months under any circumstance? i don't get more than 3 hrs daily to study.

also i have come across reviews of aristotle and manhattan books for english. can anyone suggest me which one is better.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...