GMAT aspirants for July-Aug 2009 from MUMBAI

84 Posts  ·  79 Users
About this group
Hello people, This is Sharad. I am working with a MNC in Mumbai from last 1.9 years. Planning to take GMAT in July this year. Preparation status- NIL :lookround: Just have a fair idea about how GMAT goes and material available....
Page 1 of 9

//Selling Materials for MBA-2020 & other competitive exams//
At the heart of scoring a good percentage lies repeated and rigorous practice from a variety of sources.
Details about the materials-
· Quantity- 90 GB Materials
· Mode- Google Drives
· Payment link and details-
https://rzp.io/l/nCEAlVR (Samples and detailed description available on the website)
· Usage-
MBA Exams, Banking Exams, Any and all exams with an aptitude section
· Price-
Rs. 500 (50% discount) = Rs. 250
· Contact-
mbamaterials3@gmail.com
mbamaterials2@gmail.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all ! Thanks for all the gyan ... I will be taking the GMAT in Dec this yr ... to sum up from the collective wisdom of this group I think the OG12, Kaplan 800 and the Manhattan SC guide should serve as sufficient.

To give you a quick background, I have done my BE in Telecom and have been working for the past 4 yrs ... a year with Accenture (writing codes) and the past 3 with Enam (on the institutional equity desk advising funds in the Asia Pac region)

Pls keep sharing your experiences and flash out word of caution if any !

Cheers and have a good Sunday !

Utsav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey ashish,

one quick question for u...
since u 've taken the GMAT recently,

what were the essay questions,both,issue and arguement...
Iam really worried about that too...:(
did u get ur score for that...how was it??
any tips??

thanks in advance,
:)
neha

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Sid,

The colleges u have suggested are good. Whatever coll. I am mainly tryin for US b schools so have listed coll from US.

SAid and LBS wud require a score in excess of 700 (i feel).

REgards,
Ashish

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys,

Are you not considering Melbourne, Hong Kong, Singapore etc? And I believe the colleges you mentioned are all US colleges. What about UK colleges like Said School of Business (Oxford) and London School of Business?

I am 3 yrs IT guy and am interested in these. But can you tell me the basis of your selection?

Ashish, I would really like to know from you, given that you have got a good score to support your profile.

Cheers,
Sid

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

thanks ashish for ur reply,

but i guess even though girls have a better chance....with just 2 yrs of work ex ..and that too IT background...i guess does not support top 20 atleast ....but maybe the next league....
what wud u say?
im plannin to put berkley from among top few....
and rest like carlson,boston and others in the league

let me know which ones r u plannin to?
:)

thanks,
neha

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Neha,

Well i may not be applying to all of them but yea will definately target couple of them.

As far ur ques is concerned i believe and have seen that gals have a btter chance of success then boys due to B schools focus on international gender ratio, so if u get a score ard 700 u can target top 10-20 B-schools according to FT. You can compare the coll. u have mentioned from FT itself.

Regards,
Ashish

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi ashish,

i was just wondering that though u have 4 years of work ex..which is great but still targeting booth,duke,uiuc and kellogg...woud be like all top ones....
so u shud target sum avg ones also

one ques here,
i have a work ex of 2 yr some months at the time of applying....and i expect a score of arnd 680-700....
so which univ wud u suggest,
im trying to b really realistic..how about michigan state univ broad,olin,smeal,mccombs,boston....??
which ones do u recommend wud b good to target?

thanks,
neha

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi Ashish,
Its a good score, don`t feel dishearten. You can make it.

All the Best !

Cheers !
:cheers:

Thx man...will try to raise my self with ur Cheers..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Everyone,

Gave GMAT yesterday, got a score of 690 (Quant-49, VA-34), my previous scores was 650.

My resume:
1. 4 years of exp. in IT industry in marketing and BA role.
2. B.E. in Mech with 69%.
3. A strong extra curr.

I am planning to apply with my current score only, so would appreciate if you guys can provide your suggestions on what colleges (mostly in US) i should apply and what are the chances. I m planning to apply in Booth, Duke, Kellogs, Smeal and UIUC as of now..

Waiting to get response from all.

Thanks and regards,
Ashish

Hey Neha,

thx for ur wishes.

Well as far the my score is concerned I was also amazed after seeing the sectional break of Quant 49 and VA 34, but still landing wid 690. Newayz after giving all the MGMAT and Power prep exams i feel my current sectional score shud have resulted in a 700 or may be 710 score.

I guess with the deadlines in most colleges for early application (1 Oct) still some 3 mnths so will try to apply before tat, as of now need to wrk on college selection, essays, recos etc.

Regards,
Ashish
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...