Gmat 750 (q50 V41)

77 Posts  ·  33 Users
About this group
Hi all, This is iday here. I've been a member of the forum for more than 6 months now. I gave CAT 2005 (scored 94) and XAT 2006 (scored 95). No calls, obviously, from any school. I decided to aim higher and booked my GMAT. Started preps in ...
Page 1 of 8

Hi,
I am preparing for GMAT using Kaplan, Princeton Review CD's and OG 11 book.
But my scores in Kaplan are coming to b very low. Poor 540. Princeton is gave 640-low again. What shall I do ? Have applied for ISB-R2 !!!
I have to get 700+ as the profile is not too strong. Im a TV Journalist by profession and have never given CAT...
please help me out....

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
@amit - keep at it dude. crucial times :)

let us know ur exp.
we shall take on the apping journey together :D

Iday

\
YOUR BLOG LOOKS COOL CAN YOU HELP ME /GUIDE ME HOW YOU HAVE DONE THE SAME

Hi Iday,

Many congratulations to you for craking GMAT !!
I am also a GMAT aspirant and was quite impressed by the volume of the material u referred to. I am particularly lacking in VA, would be great if you could provide some tips+gud reference material to tackle it. Also, could you share your strategy for tackling each of AWA, Quants and VA sections in detail? or else if you have already included it in your detailed post could you provide its link? I have solved many questions in VA but nothing seems to be working for me and this has become a major concern for me now. Please guide...!

Thanks,

It is great that you have scored a high score in GMAT in spite of not getting a call from IIMs. Here I find GMAT to be a better option as compared to CAT particularly for guy like us who have left serious studies about 10 yrs. back.
I want to know what are my chances at GMAT. My performance in various tests is
KAPLAN Free Test - 700
Princeton full length tests online - 680,670,700,720
GMAT Prep (available free on MBA.com) - 680,690
Thanks

Hi all,
This is iday here. I've been a member of the forum for more than 6 months now. I gave CAT 2005 (scored 94) and XAT 2006 (scored 95). No calls, obviously, from any school. I decided to aim higher and booked my GMAT.

Started preps in Late March. Will do some 2 or 3 hrs of prep everyday. Used the weekends to maximum possible limit - would work for 8 or 10 hrs definitely.

The materials i used were the following:
  1. Kaplan Premier edition
  2. Kaplan 800
  3. Princeton
  4. OG 11th edition
  5. OG verbal review
  6. OG Math review
After more than 2 months of sincere preps, gave my GMAT today and scored a 750. I have made a detailed post abt the experience today in my blog - for those curious people who might be interested.

I did not follow any of the To-Dos mentioned in any of the books i have mentioned above, but made my own plans on attacking various question types. I would only say that we should settle with whatever we are comfortable with.

I am no big expert in GMAT preps, there are ppl who score better with lesser preps. But i'd be glad to help any of the souls out there, who are facing difficulty in GMAT preps, or have doubts. I know how difficult these times are and what difference a few good words can do :)

Planning to apply for Fall 2007 with some big names under consideration. Will keep the forum posted about my progress for sure.

Iday

congrats
good score
apply top 5 b school

Hi Pguys,

I am new to this Forum, i am glad to be part of this forum. There are some very good info here.

I am starting my GMAT Preparation, it's long time since i am out of college and reading books, i have around 10 yrs experience in IT of which around 7 yrs in US, is there any one preparing for GMAT after this gap ? I am aiming for 700+ score.

I think i need to start from basics due to this long gap, what do you guys say ? Can i still start with Kaplan and OG ? I have IMS Material that i bought in India when i was there in 2004, is it good to start with basics ?

Thanks and appreciate your response,
Mallik

Kudos to all you guys, iday,amit,kunal and others....

Congrats for getting amazing scores... and all the best for app process and iviews...

will get in touch with you guys once I start my gmat preps and for other specific queries....

all the best....

Any time mituag
Keep the queries coming.

and thanks for your wishes

Kudos to all you guys, iday,amit,kunal and others....

Congrats for getting amazing scores... and all the best for app process and iviews...

will get in touch with you guys once I start my gmat preps and for other specific queries....

all the best....

thanks neo and aim-wsc for the birthday wishes 😃

happy birth day iday.
of course i read ur blog so got to know.
GMAT Blog http://gmat.amrute.me