Gmat 730 : Q49 V 40: Gmat the CAT way

34 Posts  ·  32 Users
About this group
I took the GMAT on 28th of April 2011 and landed up with a score of 730(96%ile) Q49(86%ile) V40(89%ile) : AWA 5.5 :: The* Materials* I used were 1) OG 10,11,12 2)Manhattan GMAT SC 3)My old IMS quant books to brush up my Quant formula...
Page 1 of 4
@subrata.dass thanks a lot subrata :)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Varunbhargav,

Frankfurt School Foundation offers scholarship to help to cover tuition fees from 20 per cent to 100 depending on your credentials. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you have to submit your application with full scores and required document online as soon as you can as the list of scholarship receivers will be announced in March, 2013. You may drop me an email to i.neciunskaite@int.fs.de if you need more information on that and Master of Finance programme. Also, what are your GMAT or GRE, IELTS or TOEFL, graduation score?

Regards,

Inga
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management http://www.frankfurt-school.de/content/de
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@subrata.dass Thanks a lot :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@karthik20071018 said:
@subrata.dassCongrats on ur GMAT score..wat are all the schools u ve applied for?u have any ideea about the financial assistance provided by the banks?in what way is MS in management and MBA different?what are all the advantages of 1yr course over 2yr course?
Hi Karthik
For the first two questions ..I have no idea .......as for the 3rd question there are pros and cons in everything ............however the basic advantages of a first year course would be that you save on time , money and opportunity cost .Cons could be that in India apart from ISB none of the 1 year courses are flagship
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@AIMS-MBA said:
@subrata.dasshope you have found yourself in the place you aspired to be, very well done and congratulations. I am planning to start my GMAT studies and would like to know which book should I start with. My preference is to start with in depth understanding about the Basics in Quants. Would Arun Kumars `Quants for CAT` help? Also suggest which books to start with.Thanks!Sagar.
Quant in GMAT is easier than CAT (my opinion). You can definitely use the book you mentioned. It is a nice book , and does not harm to have a higher level prep than required. OG would be the book to start with though
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@subrata.dass Congrats on ur GMAT score..
wat are all the schools u ve applied for?
u have any ideea about the financial assistance provided by the banks?
in what way is MS in management and MBA different?
what are all the advantages of 1yr course over 2yr course?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@frankfurtadm
Thanks for your concern
i am interested in MBA in finance
what will be the scope of scholarship
and since i am from india as far as i know scholarships are almost virtual.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Varunbhargav,

Scholarships depend on the different universities and the partnerships they have with various organizations as well as country itself which offers various scholarships for different specializations.

For example, we do have a number of scholarships, offered by our Frankfurt School Foundation, which, if granted helps to cover tuition fees. Such scholarships like DAAD, STIBET have different supporting funds for tuition fees as well as living cost.

In our case, once you apply for one of the programme your application automatically is being listed for scholarship from our Foundation, where if you have better scores than other candidates, you get noted about the financial aid given to you.

For such scholarships like DAAD, STIBET, Deutschland and others your have to apply on your own separately. Depending on the requirements to enroll into a programme, you will be asked to provide relevant scores. It might GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, your graduation scoreset cetera. Any rewards, achievements, successful interview pass might count as well.

Just to note, I have mentioned our university case and Germany in general. You would have to find out about the universities of your interests.

Best of luck!

Frankfurt School of Finance & Management http://www.frankfurt-school.de/content/de
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what are the criteria for scholarship ??
does it depends on GMAT score or the profile
as far as i know the scholarships are virtual

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@subrata.dass hope you have found yourself in the place you aspired to be, very well done and congratulations. I am planning to start my GMAT studies and would like to know which book should I start with. My preference is to start with in depth understanding about the Basics in Quants. Would Arun Kumars `Quants for CAT` help? Also suggest which books to start with.

Thanks!
Sagar.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...